U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-17-2007, 06:15 AM
 
Location: Yakima WA
3,111 posts, read 2,355,477 times
Reputation: 2043

Advertisements

I have seen a few posts where women are criticized for wearing too much makeup. In particular, I have read that women in Southern states pour on the makeup.

I am pro-makeup myself. I think that women look a lot better with it than without. Some women can get away with the natural look, but many others look downright scary.

Since I am so attracted to the artificial look I would like to know which states have the highest makeup/cosmetics use. My guess is Texas is #1. I base that on visits to the Lonestar state as well as women I know who are Texas natives. Plus the fact that Texas is Southern and has a large Hispanic population. Latinas love makeup. I once read an article that said Hispanic women by far buy the most makeup per capita compared to any other ethnic group. I am pro-immigration because I love seeing all the pretty Hispanic ladies who wear lot's of makeup.

If Southern women do in fact wear the most makeup which states or regions have the least makeup use? I would guess anywhere that's really politically correct and/or any city with a high concentration of lesbians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-17-2007, 06:18 AM
 
Location: Kentucky
6,753 posts, read 14,884,245 times
Reputation: 2035
Uhhhh... I dunno but am curious as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2007, 10:01 AM
 
Location: AZ
19,646 posts, read 51,198,428 times
Reputation: 8931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I am pro-immigration because I love seeing all the pretty Hispanic ladies who wear lot's of makeup.
I hope you mean pro LEGAL immigration.

And as far as their makeup? Ugh. A serious turn-off. Some Latinas look good when made up, but the hardcore hood rats look like clowns. Ever see the black lipstick they wear? *shudders* Then some pull their hair back so tight that their eyes almost look shut! LOL Add to that the black painted-on eyebrows and hoop earrings so big that you could fist em and youve got a good base for a rodeo clown. Ugh.

Latinas like Penelope Cruz, Salma Hayek, Catherine Zeta-Jones know how to wear makeup!

And if youre pro-immigration just because you like seeing the chicks in makeup, then may I suggest a good psyche evaluation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2007, 10:20 AM
NCN
 
14,087 posts, read 12,457,266 times
Reputation: 16182
I would say you are wrong about Southern women wearing a lot of makeup. It is so hot you can't keep the stuff on. I was always taught to eat right so the skin would look better. It is all those veggies and fruit that you see on the Southern women. I am over 60 and wear lipstick, sometimes eye shadow, and sometimes a little powder. I have a good tan naturally. My husband hates the artificial look. He told me that one of the reasons he asked me out the first time is because he liked my natural look. North Carolina motto: To be rather than to seem.

People I have met from the North have the worst looking skin I have ever seen. Maybe it is all that pollution. Things like that do make a difference. The people who really look like clowns are the ones who have had five face lifts. Ugh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2007, 10:28 AM
 
Location: AZ
19,646 posts, read 51,198,428 times
Reputation: 8931
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Carolina Native View Post
People I have met from the North have the worst looking skin I have ever seen. Maybe it is all that pollution. Things like that do make a difference.
All the pollution? What? hahahahahahahahaaaaaa

Thank you City-Data! Had I not discovered this website I never would have discovered how superior the south is compared to the north! Since joining this site I now know that if I move to the south I will have better friends, meet tons of southern-belles, watch fit belles get charmed by southern gents, sip lemonade and sweet tea all day next to the rivuh. And now I just learned that I will have better skin complexion. Sign me up!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2007, 11:21 AM
 
Location: Washington D.C. By way of Texas
13,466 posts, read 14,945,293 times
Reputation: 5065
lol@ this. I guess we don't have many other topics that are relevant to talk about now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2007, 11:26 AM
 
Location: Polish Hill, Pittsburgh, PA
26,549 posts, read 47,213,684 times
Reputation: 11424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
lol@ this. I guess we don't have many other topics that are relevant to talk about now.
We can always talk about Scranton. Scranton, Scranton, Scranton! WOOT WOOT!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2007, 12:12 PM
 
Location: AZ
19,646 posts, read 51,198,428 times
Reputation: 8931
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
We can always talk about Scranton. Scranton, Scranton, Scranton! WOOT WOOT!
Anything but makeup. hahahaaaa

Soooo, got any more pics, Matt?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2007, 12:19 PM
 
Location: PDX
108 posts, read 330,024 times
Reputation: 73
Portland Oregon = not much makeup. Draw your own conclusions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2007, 03:44 PM
 
Location: Yakima WA
3,111 posts, read 2,355,477 times
Reputation: 2043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
I hope you mean pro LEGAL immigration.


And if youre pro-immigration just because you like seeing the chicks in makeup, then may I suggest a good psyche evaluation?
I should have said makeup is one reason I am generally pro-immigration, not the reason.

The Wal-Mart I shop at has become about 75% Hispanic in recent years. I hear more people speak Spanish than English. It's a clash of cultures. Most of the white women wear no or little makeup and are dressed in sweats and tennis shoes. They make no effort to look attractive. Many are obese (obesity is also a problem in Hispanics, but it seems concentrarted in older women) and covered with tattoos. Let's face it, many lower socioeconomic white women have totally let themselves go.

Most of the Hispanic women I see at Wal-Mart look as pretty as can be. They have full makeup, (and their shopping carts are filled with even more cosmetics) their nails are done, they often wear cute little outfits and shoes with heels. They wear those sexy big hoop earrings. Like you said they pull their hair back which looks sexy to me, they take care of their hair while the white women do nothing with it except let it grow limp, it looks like some don't even wash their hair.

It's obviously an important part of Hispanic culture for women to look pretty when they leave the house, even when just going shopping. I think that's wonderful and I appreciate and celebrate these values. I suppose I should go on the immigration board and bring these things up,but I would get flamed and beat up for expressing such a minority opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top