Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Whats your choice?
DC 44 50.00%
Atlanta 27 30.68%
Miami 23 26.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 10:35 AM

13,727 posts, read 15,741,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffknight918 View Post
I agree with most of that. One thing you forgot though is Georgetown is you're bringing college sports in. They always have a great basketball team.(I assume by GT you meant Georgia Tech)

Also DC is the only city with pro soccer.

Falcons fans, you can't honestly say that they are better/more popular than the others. They've had one good season. The Skins are one of the most popular in the country and the Dolphins are historic too. It's like saying if the Packers falls apart and have a bad season they are a nobody even though they have the most world championships and one of the biggest fan bases in the country.
DC has Hockey too. Atlanta used to have Hockey but no longer does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 02:22 PM

1,580 posts, read 2,896,588 times
- Scenery: Miami. I love the beaches, sunshine and palm trees.
- Schools: Higher education: DC (Georgetown, MD, American, etc) then Atlanta (Emory, GT) then Miami
- Dining: Close, but an edge to Atlanta
- Arts: DC for everything but music
- Museums: DC by a ton
- Transit: DC by a ton, then ATL
- Safety: Tie, but in DC it is probably easier to stay in the "good" areas
- Best suburbs: DC
- Beaches: Miami of course
- Nightlife: Miami, but the other two have a lot going on as well
- Pro Sports: Tie between Atl (for MLB and college football) and DC (for NFL and college basketball)
- Urban neighborhoods: DC
- Shopping: DC
- Jobs: DC

Old 09-13-2011, 06:35 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,003,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by po-boy View Post
- Scenery: Miami. I love the beaches, sunshine and palm trees.
- Schools: Higher education: DC (Georgetown, MD, American, etc) then Atlanta (Emory, GT) then Miami
- Dining: Close, but an edge to Atlanta
- Arts: DC for everything but music
- Museums: DC by a ton
- Transit: DC by a ton, then ATL
- Safety: Tie, but in DC it is probably easier to stay in the "good" areas
- Best suburbs: DC
- Beaches: Miami of course
- Nightlife: Miami, but the other two have a lot going on as well
- Pro Sports: Tie between Atl (for MLB and college football) and DC (for NFL and college basketball)
- Urban neighborhoods: DC
- Shopping: DC
- Jobs: DC
I been noticing people choising DC for shopping and I honestly do not understand that. Living in both Miami and DC I find shopping and choices to shop much better in Miami. And you name American and MD over GW lets not foget about GWU.

As for ATL dining, I guess it is all up to personal choices of course and if one likes Southern Food it is ATL by a long shot. But besides for that I think Miami has more to offer than either of those two cities.

Old 09-13-2011, 06:37 PM

1,190 posts, read 2,251,686 times
Also living in DC and MIA, I find the dining scene to be far superior to MIA especially in multicultural offerings.

Old 09-13-2011, 06:40 PM

27,555 posts, read 28,641,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyman11 View Post
Also living in DC and MIA I find the dining scene to be far superior to MIA especially in multicultural offerings.
So, what food can you get in Miami that you can't in DC? Does Miami have as much Asian food offerings as DC?

Old 09-13-2011, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
So, what food can you get in Miami that you can't in DC? Does Miami have as much Asian food offerings as DC?
I think you read my post wrong? My post just stated DC has a far superior dining scene to MIA and its not even close.

Old 09-13-2011, 06:45 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,927,598 times
I'm no shopper, but I agree with Flymia, what makes DC shopping superior to Miami?

Old 09-13-2011, 07:08 PM

I wish we built this Never built: A gallery of Washington projects - Washington Business Journal

Old 09-13-2011, 08:16 PM

336 posts, read 768,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
I'm no shopper, but I agree with Flymia, what makes DC shopping superior to Miami?
Georgetown beats anything in Miami.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:32 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,003,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyman11 View Post
I think you read my post wrong? My post just stated DC has a far superior dining scene to MIA and its not even close.
I guess I can agree with the multicultural food, especially Asian, which really is not great compared to LA, NYC or San Fran. But besides for Ethiopian everything in DC there is in Miami. And Miami IMO has more trendy/expensive restaurants to offer. I know that may be a downfall but it is the type of food I like to have once a month or so. Or once a week from all of August to September is Miami's "Restaurant week" last two months long it is awesome. I know I am talking about more expensive things but IMO for everyday food Miami has better: Pizza, Delis, Diners, Seafood.
Although Founding Farmers and Old Ebit are two of my favorite restaurants. I just see more options in Miami. Both cities have plenty to offer.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdsing View Post
Georgetown beats anything in Miami.
That is a pretty funny statment I must say. From someone who lived a 10min walk from Gtown that is incorrect. Gtown is great, enjoyed going there often and its shopping is pretty good but its no Miami/Miami Beach at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City