Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Cleveland or Boston
Cleveland 48 24.37%
Boston 149 75.63%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 01:27 PM

1,335 posts, read 1,661,088 times

Advertisements

lol. Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
Boston has more museums than any city but new York so that catgory is Boston by a landslide.
Boston isn't more corrupt they just catch them. Boston is no more racist than any othr city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2011, 03:37 PM

2,722 posts, read 6,109,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw50 View Post
^i'm talking present-day boston---not 40 years ago.
Care to be more specific?

Old 09-24-2011, 09:08 PM

14,019 posts, read 15,001,786 times
Quote:

maybe BOS has more museums than CLE, but surely you have to take quality into account, no? For Museums by city, i'd rank the three cities: NY, CLE, then BOS.
lol, Cleveland may be like the #10 museum city.

Old 09-24-2011, 09:28 PM

37,127 posts, read 39,357,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKrab View Post
I live in Reading, PA. one of the most poorest and least educated dumps in America. I couldn't possibly afford Boston for me and my family.
Aw, but average salaries in Boston are higher to compensate for the higher expenses. You can do it if you want!*

*kind of, just make sure you plan that really well and have fallback plans and enough savings for at least six months**

**six months under a pessimistic budgetary plan, not an ideal one***

***pessimistic budget plan does not mean you should be pessimistic! pessimism often rolls itself into self-defeatism****

****sometimes, though, you really are just screwed in and the light switch is off*****

*****and the power lines are cut******

******yea, you think it's just a metaphor, but really, poverty can really lead to having your lights off*******

*******figuratively and literally

Old 09-24-2011, 10:10 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,530,843 times
i've never been in a big city and have some white kids yell racial slurs out of their car driving by

wtf, no way that's gonna happen in philly, dc, b'more or ny

only in new england

Old 09-25-2011, 12:02 AM

4,069 posts, read 7,313,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
lol, Cleveland may be like the #10 museum city.
Yep. Cleveland's likely in the top ten nationally for museums, but definitely isn't No. 2. Anyone who's spent extensive amounts of time in Chicago (as I have) knows that.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:34 AM

12,825 posts, read 22,003,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew61 View Post
Yep. Cleveland's likely in the top ten nationally for museums, but definitely isn't No. 2. Anyone who's spent extensive amounts of time in Chicago (as I have) knows that.
Tought to beat Chicago, New York, Washington DC (the best in my opinion) and San Francisco. I'd even rank Boston behind those.

Also, the racism card is laughably played out at this point. Am I the only one who sees the irony in people making sweeping, ill-informed generalizations about a city (that many of them haven't even been to) being prejudice?

Old 09-25-2011, 09:11 AM

2,722 posts, read 6,109,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_starks View Post
i've never been in a big city and have some white kids yell racial slurs out of their car driving by

wtf, no way that's gonna happen in philly, dc, b'more or ny

only in new england
Really? NYC? I had a racial slur tossed at me on Flushing Ave just last month. Sadly it happens everywhere. Not 'only in New England'.

Old 09-25-2011, 09:17 AM

14,019 posts, read 15,001,786 times
Quote:
-History - Boston
-Art - Cleveland
-Museums - Cleveland
-Nightlife - Cleveland? not sure
-Downtown - Boston
-Skyline - Boston
-Architecture - Equal
-Transportation - Boston
-Economy - Boston probably
-Diversity - Cleveland
-Education - Boston

but also:

-Corruption - Boston
-Racism - Boston
Quote:

maybe BOS has more museums than CLE, but surely you have to take quality into account, no? For Museums by city, i'd rank the three cities: NY, CLE, then BOS.
Your just Bitter cause your stuck in the city that hasn't won a sports championship for 50 years. Also your more likely to get shot in Cleveland than find an exceptional museum.

Old 09-25-2011, 09:32 AM

2,347 posts, read 2,783,704 times
Boston is a world city. Cleveland, just isn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City