Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 02:29 PM

515 posts, read 1,056,513 times

Advertisements

The Jacksonville area will likely become boring once you get tired of the beach.. not much culture there. If Florida, I would recommend South Florida. California is great but the LA area is too densely populated. I would choose Orange County or maybe somehwere around San Diego which probably has the best weather in the continental US. Only thing is that California can be very expensive.

Last edited by Melchior6; 04-14-2014 at 02:30 PM.. Reason: misspelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2014, 09:29 PM

28 posts, read 40,146 times
You are so right about Pittsburgh. I'm from Western PA and find the Burgh very overrated. Plus the weather sucks, of course. I'm looking to move south very soon (probably FL)

I love FL and have never been to Cali (want to go) BUT for the tech field, I would lean towards Cali. My cousin went to school out in SF for animation/tech and I believe he is doing quite well. He loves it out there. A lot of big tech companies out there as well, which brings more opportunities. Just my 2 cents! Good luck! (If you haven't chosen yet)

Old 06-08-2014, 12:56 AM

2,436 posts, read 2,786,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller21kg View Post
You are so right about Pittsburgh. I'm from Western PA and find the Burgh very overrated. Plus the weather sucks, of course. I'm looking to move south very soon (probably FL)

I love FL and have never been to Cali (want to go) BUT for the tech field, I would lean towards Cali. My cousin went to school out in SF for animation/tech and I believe he is doing quite well. He loves it out there. A lot of big tech companies out there as well, which brings more opportunities. Just my 2 cents! Good luck! (If you haven't chosen yet)
If you ever visit California, don't say "Cali" amongst natives and locals. Just a tip.

Old 02-08-2015, 06:13 AM

3 posts, read 4,671 times
Default Florida vs Calif.

I see this has been posted some time ago.
I am sure either one you will live in a more pleasant climate.
I am partial to Southern Ca. I love it. Having only visited Florida that may not be a objective opinion. It is however mine. There are so many Cities to choose to live each with it's on Personality. I wouldnt trade it.
By Central Ca. I don't know whether you meant central coast or central valley there is a huge difference. .Climate is only one, Central valley Bakersfield to Sacramento, after rain cime fog thick dense fog. Then summers harsh, not humid dry but 113.
Hope you move is successful Joe

Old 02-08-2015, 06:20 AM

3 posts, read 4,671 times
Default English 2nd language

And yes before someone corrects my spelling or grammar , I am Russian American English is 2nd language. I would still choose Southern Ca. Good luck

Old 02-08-2015, 12:48 PM

1,699 posts, read 2,144,151 times
Pros to California :

Has Mountains
Weather is more comfortable year round
Tech Industry is stronger, strongest area in the country

Pros to Florida:

Nicer Beaches
Cheaper, no state income tax
Winters in southern Florida are more beautiful than any winter in any area of California

Old 02-08-2015, 10:45 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,376,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPMiami View Post
Pros to California :

Has Mountains

Pros to Florida:

Nicer Beaches
Winters in southern Florida are more beautiful than any winter in any area of California
Agreed. I have lived in both. Both are definitely equally as good depending on your situation and what kind of city you want to live in.

Old 03-14-2015, 11:30 AM

22 posts, read 26,306 times
Socal's winter is still pretty warm,most days in winter months there i find the temps to be in the 70's and 80's almost all the time,except when its cloudy or raining,which happens only a few times a month,is the high 60's.In Socal we also get winter heat waves,hot Santa Ana winds brings winter temps to the high 80's and low 90's,one time at the beggining of march,it was 93 degrees and real feel was 98 degrees F.in Muscle beach in Santa monica,hot sweaty men working hard in winter.surrounded by palm trees in the hot,winter breeze

Old 03-14-2015, 11:58 AM

4,156 posts, read 5,544,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPMiami View Post
Pros to California :

Has Mountains

Pros to Florida:

Nicer Beaches
Warmer, yes. More beautiful? Not a chance.

Old 03-14-2015, 01:23 PM

1,227 posts, read 1,587,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
Warmer, yes. More beautiful? Not a chance.
There's an assumption that when people talk about winter in California, it's usually because of the "warmth" than the cold.

I'm a snowboarder and a surfer, so California does more for me. I actually did both in one day a few weeks ago. My body is still recovering. I feel like a moron.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City