Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city has the best nightlife?
Houston 22 6.04%
Austin 25 6.87%
Dallas 18 4.95%
New Orleans 144 39.56%
Memphis 6 1.65%
Nashville 22 6.04%
Atlanta 117 32.14%
Orlando 10 2.75%
Voters: 364. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 12:38 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,876,027 times

Advertisements

Sunnyside Houston is no joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2011, 01:12 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,868,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Sunnyside Houston is no joke.
Really?? I don't know much about it. It just looks and feels scary to me. been threw it many times, never stayed around long enough to get to know it, and don't wish too.

Old 11-11-2011, 01:39 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,890,734 times
Quote:
Period? You think so?
With out a doubt. They shut everything down because people just didn't know how to act. Freaknik 94-96 was EPIC!

Old 11-11-2011, 08:40 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,137,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
lol, your crazy but walks all the way to Discovery green, Hermann is nothing to you.

have any of you who boost these areas to legendary status actually spend time in these areas???
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
If any of us did; we wouldn't live to tell our experience!

And I'm not talking about the crime lol
People can't drive for **** in that area!

Houston hoods of today aren't really that bad; just bad looking. My experience with NE parts of Houston in the 90s were pretty scary. From late night shootings ,drive-by shootings, dead bodies, and more. I didn't live there, but this is just some of the the things I experienced visiting in the summer.

Old 11-11-2011, 09:02 PM

Quote:
People can't drive for **** in that area!

Houston hoods of today aren't really that bad; just bad looking. My experience with NE parts of Houston in the 90s were pretty scary. From late night shootings ,drive-by shootings, dead bodies, and more. I didn't live there, but this is just some of the the things I experienced visiting in the summer.
Stories?

Old 11-11-2011, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Stories?
Well mind you I was young [still am!]; this was around mid to late 90s. [Supposedly this wasn't even when Houston was at its worst] I remember once when me and my cousin was walking to the bayou to catch some crawfish or what we called them; crawdads lol [we were going fishing] and saw a dead person floating down the bayou. Turned out he had been beat and shot in the head and missing for a few days.

Another time was when I was over my cousin's friend house and we were outside chilling on the porch when this truck rolled up past us to a house about 2 to 3 doors down; the back with full of dudes in ski mask loaded with AKs. They pull up to the house and some dude in the back of the truck starts calling out for someone to come out of the house. My friend ran in the house to get his mom and she told us to get in the house. About a few minutes later; we just hear a whole bunch of shots and the truck speed off. I don't remember all who got hurt in that incident except for an older woman who owned the house was badly injured; don't know if she died or not. I'm thinking maybe they were looking for her son or whoever stayed there with her.

Other stuff I remember was my cousin's two friends getting killed in a drive-by and my girl cousin getting jumped and slashed across the face with a razor and more. However, they were involved with the wrong crowd [still is]. The one thing that stuck with me was when some young girl was gang raped in some woods near the bayou because we had just hung with her the day before it happened. More happened and all of this stuff happened over the course of one summer. My aunt didn't really allow us out past 6 because of how bad the area was. I believe this is when she lived off Gulf Bank or off Tidwell Rd in NE Houston. I know during that time you had quite a few creoles still in the area. My momma didn't allow me to come back and stay with my aunt after that summer! LOL

Old 11-12-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Well mind you I was young [still am!]; this was around mid to late 90s. [Supposedly this wasn't even when Houston was at its worst] I remember once when me and my cousin was walking to the bayou to catch some crawfish or what we called them; crawdads lol [we were going fishing] and saw a dead person floating down the bayou. Turned out he had been beat and shot in the head and missing for a few days.

Another time was when I was over my cousin's friend house and we were outside chilling on the porch when this truck rolled up past us to a house about 2 to 3 doors down; the back with full of dudes in ski mask loaded with AKs. They pull up to the house and some dude in the back of the truck starts calling out for someone to come out of the house. My friend ran in the house to get his mom and she told us to get in the house. About a few minutes later; we just hear a whole bunch of shots and the truck speed off. I don't remember all who got hurt in that incident except for an older woman who owned the house was badly injured; don't know if she died or not. I'm thinking maybe they were looking for her son or whoever stayed there with her.

Other stuff I remember was my cousin's two friends getting killed in a drive-by and my girl cousin getting jumped and slashed across the face with a razor and more. However, they were involved with the wrong crowd [still is]. The one thing that stuck with me was when some young girl was gang raped in some woods near the bayou because we had just hung with her the day before it happened. More happened and all of this stuff happened over the course of one summer. My aunt didn't really allow us out past 6 because of how bad the area was. I believe this is when she lived off Gulf Bank or off Tidwell Rd in NE Houston. I know during that time you had quite a few creoles still in the area. My momma didn't allow me to come back and stay with my aunt after that summer! LOL
Crazy times man. H-Town is no joke. Which areas of NE Houston did all of this happen? Any specific neighborhoods?

Old 11-12-2011, 10:04 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,868,742 times
Quote:
Crazy times man. H-Town is no joke. Which areas of NE Houston did all of this happen? Any specific neighborhoods?
Sounds like the TC Jester/ Antoine/ Acres Homes Area

Old 11-12-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Well that's the thing; I can't remember exactly where she was living at the time. Either North Houston off Gulfbank near Aldine or off Tidwell in NE Houston which was pretty much in 5th ward or right outside of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Sounds like the TC Jester/ Antoine/ Acres Homes Area
No, that's more NW Houston. We were near areas like Trinity Gardens, Homestead,etc

Old 11-17-2011, 07:19 PM

4,688 posts, read 8,007,069 times
Atl is #1. Miami nightlife is overrated unless you plan on spending major $$$$. New Orleans is more of a bar city. Atl has more variety if you know where to go
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City