Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city has the best nightlife?
Houston 22 6.04%
Austin 25 6.87%
Dallas 18 4.95%
New Orleans 144 39.56%
Memphis 6 1.65%
Nashville 22 6.04%
Atlanta 117 32.14%
Orlando 10 2.75%
Voters: 364. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 11:25 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,295,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
The same thing is happening in Dallas. Hispanics are filing into southern Dallas like it's no one's business.

What's the point of those links, again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 11:29 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,815,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
The same thing is happening in Dallas. Hispanics are filing into southern Dallas like it's no one's business.

What's the point of those links, again?
But unlike Houston we actually have a concentrated black middle class and have made great gains this last decade in the northern suburbs. Oh but I am sure you will come back with Dallas is segragated and Houston is more race neutral.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:29 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,859,723 times
Quote:
Most of Houston is ghetto...With tons and tons of strip malls ....Whats your point?
Houston is more integrated than DFW. There are more racial ghettos in DFW than here

Old 12-06-2011, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy205 View Post
Yes, and I read to make sure my proposal can be backed up with facts.
I am sorry my friend but H-town love is not a reliable source.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:31 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,859,723 times
Quote:
But unlike Houston we actually have a concentrated black middle class and have made great gains this last decade in the northern suburbs. Oh but I am sure you will come back with Dallas is segragated and Houston is more race neutral.
What does concentrations of middle class have to do with anything.

Houston was the number one city for black owned businesses for the last few years. what does concentrations of middle class have to do with anything.

Houston is just a better city for Black people period.

Quote:
I am sorry my friend but H-town love is not a reliable source.
you just jealous

Old 12-06-2011, 11:32 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,900,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Like I said, that was based on movement in the early part of the last decade.

ATL is already a has been

Just read that. 700,000 more blacks live in Atlanta than Houston now let me know when you catch that.. The size of Atlantas black population is damn near the size of Charlottes whole metro population

Black African American Demographics Population

Last edited by Staysean23; 12-06-2011 at 11:52 PM..

Old 12-06-2011, 11:33 PM

16,506 posts, read 26,197,355 times
Quote:
did you read the post that he wrote. You are cutting off everything after recognized and twisting it to mean stereotype

he did not say that Dallas is the city associated most with Texas. That is a negative stereotype anyway. People see it as a cowboy town. you changed the discussion into when people think about so and so. I am not Miss Cleo, I dont sit here and read people's minds to see what they are thinking of.

WHat he said was that it was recognized as the number one in Texas, and no matter what you say that is far from the truth
The city recognized as the number one city in Texas is subjective. Millions in Dallas will say Dallas, same for Houston. You can't say Houston just because its the most important city statistically.
Quote:
Most of Houston is ghetto...With tons and tons of strip malls ....Whats your point?
Either you haven't seen much of Houston's surface roads or you've never seen a real ghetto. Many ghettos in Houston are cake walks compared to my hometown.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:43 PM

Quote:

Houston was the number one city for black owned businesses for the last few years. what does concentrations of middle class have to do with anything.

you just jealous
When you live in a state as diverse as Texas REPRESENTATION is important. Shelia Jackson Historic district 18 more than likely in the future will be a latino dominated district. Eddie Bernice Johnson district 30 will remain black because her district includes the southern suburbs of Dallas County.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:44 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,900,425 times
Quote:

you just jealous

Lies where are the most black young professionals in the south and where are the most educated ones living in the South.

College educated African Americans migrate to southern cities | www.AlumniRoundup.com

Black Middle Class Demographics

Just read up http://www.blackdemographics.com/citiesstates.html

Old 12-06-2011, 11:47 PM

16,506 posts, read 26,197,355 times
How is a certain city better for black people? I don't feel like it's a blessing I'm black and in Houston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City