Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2009, 09:57 PM

806 posts, read 2,959,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
You have been reported to a moderator for the personal attack

The 14 states in the south are last at the bottom in EVERY CATEGORY.

School systems, obesity, divorce rates, early marriage and the list goes on.

Trailers in LA? Of course the trailers outnumber the houses!!!

Your comments are really laughable
LOL, its about time you came back to respond to me. I'm glad you decided to be a little "snitch" instead of standing up for yourself when no aggression was directed towards you. If it bothers you self-esteem so much, I'll remove it. I'm sure the original poster doesn't care. Insults like these are common to make, I don't have to settle all my disputes over a cup of Starbucks, brah.

Who said anything about trailers? I'm pretty sure trailers are the NJ equilivant of a housing project. Also, housing is cheap compared to NJ standards. I can get 4bed/2.5 bath brick 08+ construction with 0.5 acres for 210-300k. here.

School systems: Why the heck would I send my child to most districts in the state? I grew up in private schools which are very good and affordable here. I don't rely on government to provide education.

Obesity: Yes, there are obese people, generally in the rural areas due to poverty/greasy food in these areas. Credited. Doesn't mean everyone is a monster like you'd think.

Divorce rates: Wrong. Divorce Rates by State, 1990–2005 — Infoplease.com You can tell that it is a national problem.

Early Marriage: Not sure on the stats. on this. However, early marriage, with kids in the picture is better than no marriage at all, imo.

and the list goes on: Continue on your pointless tyrade against all things Deep South in the United States. Its bedtime for me. I've got many exciting things to do in my life in the Deep South.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2009, 10:27 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,608,578 times
I agree that any state not in the South is essentially "Yankee." Just thinking back to when I was in high school [a long time ago] and history classes would discuss the Civil War. The impression of the Confederacy is quite negative in attitudes & textbook = no question the "bad guys" were the Southerners. The racial strive in the South only reinforces attitudes that California is a "Yankee" state & definitely sides with the rest of the nation in expressing contempt for the Confederacy.

Old 04-27-2009, 10:30 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,490,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU Tiger Z71 View Post
LOL, its about time you came back to respond to me. I'm glad you decided to be a little "snitch" instead of standing up for yourself when no aggression was directed towards you. If it bothers you self-esteem so much, I'll remove it. I'm sure the original poster doesn't care. Insults like these are common to make, I don't have to settle all my disputes over a cup of Starbucks, brah.

Who said anything about trailers? I'm pretty sure trailers are the NJ equilivant of a housing project. Also, housing is cheap compared to NJ standards. I can get 4bed/2.5 bath brick 08+ construction with 0.5 acres for 210-300k. here.

School systems: Why the heck would I send my child to most districts in the state? I grew up in private schools which are very good and affordable here. I don't rely on government to provide education.

Obesity: Yes, there are obese people, generally in the rural areas due to poverty/greasy food in these areas. Credited. Doesn't mean everyone is a monster like you'd think.

Divorce rates: Wrong. Divorce Rates by State, 1990–2005 — Infoplease.com You can tell that it is a national problem.

Early Marriage: Not sure on the stats. on this. However, early marriage, with kids in the picture is better than no marriage at all, imo.

and the list goes on: Continue on your pointless tyrade against all things Deep South in the United States. Its bedtime for me. I've got many exciting things to do in my life in the Deep South.
The reason why you can get a house for so cheap is because you are surrounded by rednecks and have ZERO entertainment near you.

Also, poor transit options and school systems

School Systems - Most public schools in the north are better than the private schools in the south . My sister and I are perfect examples to back up this statement.

Obesity - Every region has obesity problems but the south has it the worst. I lived in NJ, TX and Arizona and have NEVER seen anything like the people in SC. The people look like whales!!!

Divorce rates are a nationwide problem but they occur more in the south than any other region in the United States

Maybe because people there get married at the age of 16?

So I have responded to your tantrum. And now you will go back onto my ignore list

Chill out man. Go take a dip with scoal and watch nascar like everyone else in the deep south.

Last edited by NYC1DAY; 04-27-2009 at 10:40 PM..

Old 04-27-2009, 10:59 PM

3,635 posts, read 10,745,280 times
From a Southern perspective we think almost anyone not from the South is a Yankee. They could be from Hawaii and be a yankee.

Old 04-28-2009, 02:25 AM

2,114 posts, read 4,915,323 times
Only New England. A Yankee town is not just any town in NE though. and a "Yankee" is not just anyone from these towns either.

Any Yankee family was here since at least the revolution, usually 1600s and protestant, like unitarian or something.

Old 04-28-2009, 05:45 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,933,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
From a Southern perspective we think almost anyone not from the South is a Yankee. They could be from Hawaii and be a yankee.

That's something from the Civil War. Just goes to show some people down there still use Civil war terminology.

Old 04-28-2009, 06:37 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
Yankee --> CA, Midwest, NE above Mason-Dixon Line....and proud of it.

If you're still fighting the Civil War and still can't accept the fact that the Yankees won, you have my sympathy. You certainly don't have my respect.

Old 04-28-2009, 07:11 AM

1,126 posts, read 4,562,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWereRabbit View Post
Only New England. A Yankee town is not just any town in NE though. and a "Yankee" is not just anyone from these towns either.

Any Yankee family was here since at least the revolution, usually 1600s and protestant, like unitarian or something.
guess i'm a yankee lol

Old 04-28-2009, 07:18 AM

6,749 posts, read 22,078,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
Go take a dip with scoal and watch nascar like everyone else in the deep south.
and you reported HIM for personal attacks?

Old 04-28-2009, 07:50 AM

3,576 posts, read 10,655,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWereRabbit View Post
Only New England.
Yep, that's my opinion also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City