Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2012, 07:27 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,512,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Seriously, just stop it already. You sound like a jealous kid. It's embarrassing to watch you post.
oh this festival going on in Chicago is so safe!

Two stabbed during fight near Lollapalooza music festival - Chicago News and Weather | FOX Chicago News

Lollapolooza now has 3 major incidents..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2012, 07:46 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,284,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
exactly.
some people need to read the Indianapolis Business Journal more or any local news station for that matter.
I think its fair to say Indianapolis upped the standards for any future Super Bowl host city and it will be wonderful to see Indy bid again in 2-3 years.
The fact that no one in Chicago reads the Indianapolis Business Journal should not come as a surprise. I don't know what Chicago's equivalent of the business journal is, but I've never read it. Why? Because I don't live in Chicago and only think of Chicago when I am planning a trip.

Quote:

Two stabbed during fight near Lollapalooza music festival - Chicago News and Weather | FOX Chicago News

A festival wasn't required for this to happen

One dead, two injured in Indianapolis east side shooting - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

Old 08-05-2012, 08:40 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,513,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowInWI View Post
Broadrippleguy, I don't know anyone in Chicago who even thinks about Indianapolis. I do, though, because I read your posts. I'M starting to dislike Indianapolis. It was never before on my radar... I don't think you're doing the city any favors. Enough already.
This kid wants to work for the Indianapolis tourism bureau and has absolutely, positively no idea how horrible an ambassador he is for the place, and he doesn't even live there.

Old 08-05-2012, 09:15 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,512,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERS-One View Post
This kid wants to work for the Indianapolis tourism bureau and has absolutely, positively no idea how horrible an ambassador he is for the place, and he doesn't even live there.
Ambarassador on City-Data?
haha that just made my day.

also Toxic Toast that is a rare event.
trying to compare crime in Indianapolis to Chicago doesnt really favor Chicago well.
Homicides are down 15% this year over last year in Indy.
in chicago its up 40%.
Its even making national news lol.
2nd as i pointed out this is the 3rd incident for this festival. ill post more news articles if we get a 4th or 5th etc.

Last edited by Broadrippleguy; 08-05-2012 at 09:24 PM..

Old 08-05-2012, 09:46 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,513,318 times
Quote:

Five dead, dozens injured in State Fair stage collapse - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

Meanwhile....

Thousands evacuated as high winds threaten Lollapalooza music fest

Now if the cities in these 2 stories were flip-flop, you'd make some ridiculous remark about how Chicago doesn't understand the dangers of high winds and doesn't care about the safety of festival attendees.

Quote:
You try to promote Indy so hard, but more often than not you do it by disparaging other places (Chicago, Detroit, NYC, the state of California, and the south as an entire region). It''s very off-putting on your part and doesn't make Indianapolis look like a better place, despite what you may think. If anything it makes it look like Indy is full of people insecure about their city's place in the world. And from what I gather, you've never even lived there. It's silly.

Old 08-05-2012, 10:00 PM

1,766 posts, read 3,605,430 times
Quote:

also Toxic Toast that is a rare event.
trying to compare crime in Indianapolis to Chicago doesnt really favor Chicago well.
Homicides are down 15% this year over last year in Indy.
in chicago its up 40%.
Its even making national news lol.
2nd as i pointed out this is the 3rd incident for this festival. ill post more news articles if we get a 4th or 5th etc.
Rare event? There's a shooting almost every week on the East Side. I'll give you that crime is worse in Chicago, but what's your point? There's no reason to even bring it up. This thread isn't titled "Reasons you hate Chicago."

Old 08-05-2012, 10:10 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times
Quote:

Didn't 7 people recently die at a concert in Indianapolis because nobody was bright enough to evacuate the venue in severe weather? And now you want to be smug about an incident in Chicago that didn't even happen at the festival itself?

It's no wonder even people from Indianapolis cringe every time you post on their behalf.

Old 08-06-2012, 08:52 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,883,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wh15395 View Post
They expect it to be like Milwaukee and when they find out it's better, they tend to like it.
Disclosure....honest opinion...

Milwaukee > than Indianapolis.

Indy has gotten a lot better, but Milwaukee is still a more impressive city in my opinion.

And even the idea of comparing Indy to Chicago is ridiculous. You could stick all of downtown Indy in chicago and nobody would notice. Indy is just not on anybody's radar there.

Old 08-06-2012, 09:19 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,284,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Disclosure....honest opinion...

Milwaukee > than Indianapolis.

Indy has gotten a lot better, but Milwaukee is still a more impressive city in my opinion.

And even the idea of comparing Indy to Chicago is ridiculous. You could stick all of downtown Indy in chicago and nobody would notice. Indy is just not on anybody's radar there.
Downtown Indianapolis > Downtown Milwaukee.........and it is not close.

The east side of Milwaukee is better than anything in Indianapolis as far as neighborhoods.

The rest is a wash...........in my opinion.

Old 08-06-2012, 09:22 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,883,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Downtown Indianapolis > Downtown Milwaukee.........and it is not close.

The east side of Milwaukee is better than anything in Indianapolis as far as neighborhoods.

The rest is a wash...........in my opinion.
I personally like Downtown Milwaukee better. Not sure why you think Indy is better, but I respect your opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City