U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city you doubt you would like but visit then like it Los Angeles,Houston,Dallas,Chicago,Atlant
Los Angeles 14 31.82%
Houston 9 20.45%
Dallas 4 9.09%
Chicago 8 18.18%
Atlanta 8 18.18%
Baltimore 10 22.73%
New York City 5 11.36%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 09:43 PM

6,612 posts, read 11,666,872 times

Advertisements

I initially moved to Baltimore for school. I still hate the city, but I've found I do like the suburban metro area around Baltimore which is cheaper, friendlier, less crowded and more down to Earth compared to the Washington, D.C. area, and I especially like how Baltimore is close to the Chesapeake Bay and the many parks along the Bay shoreline with beaches you can go to in the summer. Baltimore CITY is bad though. Basically its 75% ghetto and 25% uppity Starbucks drinking yuppies who of course don't really associate with anyone outside their group. The DC area is very self absorbed and elitist.

Los Angeles is the opposite. I knew I would never want to live there but I looked forward to visiting it during my cross country roadtrip and thought it was going to be a dazzling, glamourous place even if that wasn't my favorite scene. I was surprised to find that most of LA is filled with crime and poverty and is not pretty at all. I was shocked by the dominance of illegal immigrants and the dirtiness of the city. The air pollution is as bad as everyone says, and even Santa Monica and Venice Beach didn't look as nice as on TV, especially Venice Beach which to me looked only slightly less trashy than the Jersey shore. Granted I did not visit Orange County or Ventura County but with LA County and the city of Los Angeles, most of it was very depressing. Beverly Hills was only a small part, and even Hollywood didn't turn out to be as glamorous as I had anticipated. I found downtown Las Vegas to be nicer, cleaner, and more glamarous compared to LA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2012, 04:52 PM

1,064 posts, read 1,513,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I initially moved to Baltimore for school. I still hate the city, but I've found I do like the suburban metro area around Baltimore which is cheaper, friendlier, less crowded and more down to Earth compared to the Washington, D.C. area, and I especially like how Baltimore is close to the Chesapeake Bay and the many parks along the Bay shoreline with beaches you can go to in the summer. Baltimore CITY is bad though. Basically its 75% ghetto and 25% uppity Starbucks drinking yuppies who of course don't really associate with anyone outside their group. The DC area is very self absorbed and elitist.

Los Angeles is the opposite. I knew I would never want to live there but I looked forward to visiting it during my cross country roadtrip and thought it was going to be a dazzling, glamourous place even if that wasn't my favorite scene. I was surprised to find that most of LA is filled with crime and poverty and is not pretty at all. I was shocked by the dominance of illegal immigrants and the dirtiness of the city. The air pollution is as bad as everyone says, and even Santa Monica and Venice Beach didn't look as nice as on TV, especially Venice Beach which to me looked only slightly less trashy than the Jersey shore. Granted I did not visit Orange County or Ventura County but with LA County and the city of Los Angeles, most of it was very depressing. Beverly Hills was only a small part, and even Hollywood didn't turn out to be as glamorous as I had anticipated. I found downtown Las Vegas to be nicer, cleaner, and more glamarous compared to LA.
Las vegas is really a underrated city when it comes down to the beauty of the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or