U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-12-2007, 10:20 AM
 
Location: Sneads Ferry NC/Randolph NJ/Cape Coral FL
12,951 posts, read 24,152,977 times
Reputation: 10803

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
It's just not a good Quality of life if your have to be in the car or bus commuting for hours.My husband now Zips to work in 20-25 min and parks under the building, at no charge.
We have family in Morris County, Lincoln Park. Too much snow up there!

Diane in Music City

And your point?? I live in Lk Hopatcong and commute to West Caldwell usually within 25 minutes unless a major accident on Rte 80. People in the car for hours are the ones commuting from Pennsy into NJ & NY

It may have not been a good quality of life for YOU but don't presume that for everyone

Guess what?!?!? Shocker I know, BUT, some people like SNOW Otherwise states like Maine, Vermont Colorado, Montana et al would have no people living there. It comes down to one man's junk is another man's gold....so stop bashing us all the time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-12-2007, 10:37 AM
 
537 posts, read 1,675,058 times
Reputation: 413
I would say, especially given the current political cilmate and backlash against conservatism, hatred of the "red" states, especially the southern states (Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, Louisiana, etc and ESPECIALLY Texas) is at an all time high, and thus these are the most hated states.


Generally speaking though, I would say California, New Jersey, and New York are the most hated states. I don't think New York and New Jersey deserve the negative treatment, but California definitely does - it really is as bad as everybody says it is. The only reason why California is still growing is because of immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2007, 10:53 AM
 
Location: NC
1,250 posts, read 2,270,344 times
Reputation: 584
Mass. NY NJ. Mass. because of attitude NY well its just NY and NJ looks like NY brought all of its garbage there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2007, 11:51 AM
 
Location: NEW JERSEY
859 posts, read 3,024,154 times
Reputation: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchuckie View Post
Mass. NY NJ. Mass. because of attitude NY well its just NY and NJ looks like NY brought all of its garbage there.
As I look out my office window and see endless green trees, I can totally see how I live in a garbage dump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2007, 12:11 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
1,508 posts, read 5,395,043 times
Reputation: 1418
Default Nonsense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
Where you get that the people are less fat is a crock. In Momouth County I saw some pretty huge people,
Williamson County in TN ranks high in Wealth.
Oh if we all could be perfect...

Quote:
Your hated because NJ is overcrowded. I know because I lived there for 13 years in Manalapan, NJ. The country roads when I moved there became crowded roads where you would sit for hours to reach home. The Construction of homes kept going on anyway, but roads remained just as crowded. The people would yell and curse there even in the Supermarket. I have permanent scars on my legs from being hit my carts in Wegman's in Manalapan.
Hate? Tsk tsk, such a harsh word. So are you generalizing ALL of NJ? I'm not too far from Manalapan and other than rt 9 at certain times of the day, it's fairly non-congested.
The leg scars from shopping carts? Come on now. Are you serious? Maybe just exaggerating a little bit?

Quote:
Here in TN we have a Large Interstate interstructure that Zips us for miles in minimun time.
Is that the new Utopia Highway?

Quote:
My son who lives in NJ tonight told me he hates it there and if his fiance wants to stay, he's leaving anyway.
OMG Would his fiance' LOVE to read this forum !!
Why wouldn't he want to move closer to the First National Bank of Mommy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2007, 12:18 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
1,508 posts, read 5,395,043 times
Reputation: 1418
Wink Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissSunshine View Post
As I look out my office window and see endless green trees, I can totally see how I live in a garbage dump.
Yup. I'm looking out my window now, watching the thorough bred's run around a huge green pasture....geez - real dump....Oh yeah, it's congested & dumpy here...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2007, 01:12 PM
 
5,663 posts, read 13,648,849 times
Reputation: 3197
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
and then there's the neighbor who drives 2 minutes to his own business in town
Is he disabled or just lazy??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2007, 01:23 PM
 
Location: NJ
12,284 posts, read 31,045,165 times
Reputation: 5195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Around View Post
Is he disabled or just lazy??
as opposed to walk? you still need to go on a highway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2007, 02:39 PM
 
Location: Nashville, TN
2,866 posts, read 8,303,880 times
Reputation: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
And your point?? I live in Lk Hopatcong and commute to West Caldwell usually within 25 minutes unless a major accident on Rte 80. People in the car for hours are the ones commuting from Pennsy into NJ & NY

It may have not been a good quality of life for YOU but don't presume that for everyone

Guess what?!?!? Shocker I know, BUT, some people like SNOW Otherwise states like Maine, Vermont Colorado, Montana et al would have no people living there. It comes down to one man's junk is another man's gold....so stop bashing us all the time
A huge Amount of people in NJ commute to NYC because let's face it, salaries are higher in NYC to pay the huge taxes in NJ. We have family in rockaway Township who drive in every day.
Take the snow on iced roads that makes comuting near impossible. You know you are more the exception working so close. In other states its a way of life.
Btw, Rt 80 is always having a Major accident, all the Jersey drivers tailgating.
Tailgating is a way of life there. Here, I rarely if at all use my horn, there, my hand was on it all the time.
BTW, those states are not so crowded, so the road conditions there are not as frustrating.
Diane
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2007, 02:47 PM
 
Location: Sneads Ferry NC/Randolph NJ/Cape Coral FL
12,951 posts, read 24,152,977 times
Reputation: 10803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
A huge Amount of people in NJ commute to NYC because let's face it, salaries are higher in NYC to pay the huge taxes in NJ. We have family in rockaway Township who drive in every day.
Take the snow on iced roads that makes comuting near impossible. You know you are more the exception working so close. In other states its a way of life.
Btw, Rt 80 is always having a Major accident, all the Jersey drivers tailgating.
Tailgating is a way of life there. Here, I rarely if at all use my horn, there, my hand was on it all the time.
BTW, those states are not so crowded, so the road conditions there are not as frustrating.
Diane
DRIVE from Rockaway to NYC when there is either the train or bus especially with the price of gas and the tolls plus parking in NYC?? Makes no sense to me....

Diane I wish you all the happiness as it sounds like you found your utopia....mine is right here in jersey
been to Nashville and didn't care for it as a place to live, visit yes, live no for many reasons but I don't go over to the Nashville forum and bash Nashville by listing all the reasons I didn't like it....cheapo housing & taxes don't always create Utopia for some
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top