U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Utah vs Nevada
Utah 12 60.00%
Nevada 8 40.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 01:55 PM

10,116 posts, read 5,432,652 times

Advertisements

To live...which would you like?
All things considered.

1/ Jobs ( opportunities,career,economic growth)
2/ weather
3/ Diversity ( and race relations)
4/ making friends
5/ public transport
6/Cost of living
7/Future
8/Food
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2011, 03:29 PM

7,437 posts, read 8,246,559 times
1/ Jobs ( opportunities,career,economic growth) - obvious answer:Utah
2/ weather: Nevada with a slight edge
3/ Diversity ( and race relations): Nevada I'm guessing
4/ making friends: geography irrellevent IMO
5/ public transport: Salt Lake City by a very wide margin
6/Cost of living: want to by a foreclosed home? LV
7/Future: most definitely Utah
8/Food: Nevada, based on the high calibur restaurants in Las Vegas
9- Scenery: Utah with five national parks, someof eraths greatest natural wonders and amazing opportunties for skiing, hiking, and outdoor activities. Lake Powell is pretty awesome too.

Overall I would go with Utah. A more beautiful state with more economic stability. Check out this thread to see some of the new urban planning proposals that Salt Lake City is getting. For a medium sized metro, the infrastructure is most impressive with new wide freeways and an ever expanding light rail system.

Salt Lake City is getting an urban makeover other cities dream of.

Old 12-07-2011, 11:12 AM

Any opinions ?

Old 12-07-2011, 11:47 AM

2,411 posts, read 3,099,675 times
You could live in ST. George( Utahs Dixie) with it's beautiful cropped red rock canyons, mild climate,close to ZION, Monuments, excellent place for mountain biking,hiking hour and half from Vegas, six hours from coastal OC,LA, San Diego. St. George is a very sunny, friendly place...not alot of bars and booze, high end shopping, nightlife, but hey less than two hours to sin city.. You have great skiing just to the north ie: Park City and you could check out Sundance.

Old 12-07-2011, 12:49 PM

7,437 posts, read 8,246,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by french paris View Post
Any opinions ?
Are you thinking about moving to either Utah or Nevada? Are you contemplating between Las Vegas and Salt Lake City or a smaller city or more remote location? I could see advantages to being in the Reno area as it's a stones throw from Lake Tahoe which is absolutely amazing and accessable to Northern Cali places like Sacramento and the Bay Area. However the Reno area much like Las Vegas has double digit unemployment figures. I really think it's going to take a long time for Nevada to recover from this recession. They are going to have to reinvent themselves somehow. Not to mention it's always been a very transient place, hard to put down roots.

Old 12-07-2011, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
Are you thinking about moving to either Utah or Nevada? Are you contemplating between Las Vegas and Salt Lake City or a smaller city or more remote location? I could see advantages to being in the Reno area as it's a stones throw from Lake Tahoe which is absolutely amazing and accessable to Northern Cali places like Sacramento and the Bay Area. However the Reno area much like Las Vegas has double digit unemployment figures. I really think it's going to take a long time for Nevada to recover from this recession. They are going to have to reinvent themselves somehow. Not to mention it's always been a very transient place, hard to put down roots.

Between both states

Old 12-07-2011, 08:19 PM

9,071 posts, read 21,565,657 times
I like them both. Utah is my preferred of the two. Gorgeous scenery throughout the entire state. Salt Lake may be dull compared to Vegas, but it's sure a lot cleaner, safer, and more attractive.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win

Old 12-08-2011, 04:50 PM

2,554 posts, read 3,915,978 times
I say Utah in every category. I think Nevada extremely underrated outside of Las Vegas and Reno.

Old 12-08-2011, 04:59 PM

877 posts, read 849,943 times
1/ Jobs ( opportunities,career,economic growth) - Utah
2/ weather - Utah
3/ Diversity ( and race relations) - Nevada
4/ making friends - either
5/ public transport - Utah
6/Cost of living - Nevada
7/Future - Utah
8/Food - either

Give me Utah. Give me the Wasatch Range, Alta, Park City, the Unitas, San Rafael Reef, Goblin Valley, Bryce Canyon, Zion Canyon, Escalante, Canyonlands, Monument Valley, Natural Bridges, Arches, Moab, Lake Powell, Capitol Reef, Highway 12, Highway 261, the view in Salt Lake City, Salt Lake City itself...

Yeah, Utah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City