U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-05-2012, 11:42 AM
 
Location: Virginia Highland, GA
1,939 posts, read 4,060,080 times
Reputation: 1255

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent6969 View Post
Atlanta= 3 Ritz Carlton's, St, Regis, Tons of Rosewood hotel brands. Proposed Mandarin Oriental which will be built. Trump will be built as well in the next year. Also many W hotels here..........80,000 rooms currently.....Tons of boutique hotel brands........
Forgot Four Seasons, Intercontinental, Marriott's everywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-05-2012, 05:46 PM
 
Location: Dallas,Texas
5,621 posts, read 7,815,899 times
Reputation: 2502
From the top of my head

Dallas

The Adolphus
The Fairmont Dallas Hotel
The Ritz Carlton Dallas Hotel
The Omni Dallas Hotel
The Rosewood Crescent Hotel
The W Dallas Hotel
The Joule Dallas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2012, 10:58 AM
 
Location: The Springs
1,770 posts, read 2,225,546 times
Reputation: 1854
Hands down, the Broadmoor Hotel...

What are the fanciest hotels in your city???-broadmoor-grounds-colorado-springs-colorado.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2012, 11:43 AM
 
Location: Phoenix
5,895 posts, read 7,669,543 times
Reputation: 4505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar54 View Post
Hands down, the Broadmoor Hotel...

Attachment 89479
That is a nice hotel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2012, 12:21 PM
 
Location: Center City
7,020 posts, read 8,089,843 times
Reputation: 9909
Located next to City Hall, my favorite in Philly is the Ritz Carlton, which incorporates the former Girard Trust bank building as its lobby:


All sizes | Ritz-Carlton | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/27118242@N04/5140939312/sizes/z/in/photostream/ - broken link)


All sizes | Ritz-Carlton and City Hall | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/doublegg/4207010053/sizes/z/in/photostream/ - broken link)


All sizes | Philadelphia - Ritz Carlton Lounge | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/gradin/2711634966/sizes/z/in/photostream/ - broken link)


All sizes | 31c 10 Avenue of the Arts - Ritz Carlton (E) | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/kansas_sebastian/6346156449/sizes/z/in/photostream/ - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2012, 12:59 PM
 
Location: San Diego
1,765 posts, read 3,114,595 times
Reputation: 1233
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
The largest JW Marriott in the world
The Emily Morgan
Hotel Contessa
The 2 Omni's
The Westin Riverwalk
The Westin La Cantera
Hyatt Hill Country Resort
..............

Hotel Elian (under construction)
The W downtown (proposed)
Actually, the largest JW Marriott in the world is here in Indianapolis. There is also the Conrad plus many other hotels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2012, 01:18 PM
 
Location: So California
8,670 posts, read 9,124,869 times
Reputation: 4732
Quote:
Originally Posted by wh15395 View Post
Actually, the largest JW Marriott in the world is here in Indianapolis. There is also the Conrad plus many other hotels.

Lets see.....

Looks like San Antonio is a bigger resort type property, Indy has 3 more rooms, and is clustered with other Marriott properties.


San Antonio

World’s Largest JW Marriott Opens in San Antonio :: Hotel News Resource

Nestled among 600 acres of rolling hills, meandering creeks and live oak trees, the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa is noted as a top, all-in-one meeting destination with 140,000 square feet of high-tech meeting space, two championship-level golf courses, a 26,000-square-foot spa, heated pools and numerous restaurants. The 1,002 guest rooms, including 85 suites,
JW Marriott provides impressive convention and meeting space, including 40,000- and 21,000-square-foot ballrooms, a 40,000-square-foot exhibit hall, breakout rooms and outdoor venues.

Indianapolis

World's Largest JW Marriott Opens in Downtown Indianapolis - Marriott News Center

1005 rooms

In addition to 54 meeting rooms and 104,000 square feet of event space, the JW Marriott Indianapolis also houses a 40,500 square foot Grand Ballroom, the largest hotel ballroom in the Midwest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2012, 05:03 PM
 
3,008 posts, read 4,417,380 times
Reputation: 1529
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Lets see.....

Looks like San Antonio is a bigger resort type property, Indy has 3 more rooms, and is clustered with other Marriott properties.


San Antonio

World’s Largest JW Marriott Opens in San Antonio :: Hotel News Resource

Nestled among 600 acres of rolling hills, meandering creeks and live oak trees, the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa is noted as a top, all-in-one meeting destination with 140,000 square feet of high-tech meeting space, two championship-level golf courses, a 26,000-square-foot spa, heated pools and numerous restaurants. The 1,002 guest rooms, including 85 suites,
JW Marriott provides impressive convention and meeting space, including 40,000- and 21,000-square-foot ballrooms, a 40,000-square-foot exhibit hall, breakout rooms and outdoor venues.

Indianapolis

World's Largest JW Marriott Opens in Downtown Indianapolis - Marriott News Center

1005 rooms

In addition to 54 meeting rooms and 104,000 square feet of event space, the JW Marriott Indianapolis also houses a 40,500 square foot Grand Ballroom, the largest hotel ballroom in the Midwest.
Marriott place is a nice concept. The JW has 1005 as stated and 2,248 rooms and 145k sq ft of meeting space when combined with the other Marriott hotels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2012, 06:11 PM
 
Location: So California
8,670 posts, read 9,124,869 times
Reputation: 4732
Quote:
Originally Posted by msamhunter View Post
Marriott place is a nice concept. The JW has 1005 as stated and 2,248 rooms and 145k sq ft of meeting space when combined with the other Marriott hotels.

Yeah it looks pretty cool. The San Antonio property is a full on "Hill Country" resort 600 acres, Ive seen it in person it is a great property too....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top