Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2012, 10:29 PM

1 posts, read 1,176 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone! So the thing is, I am 19 and currently attending school at the Aveda Institute of Minneapolis, I live with my single mom and little brother. I currently have a nice place working as the shop girl at a salon that I really love, who've talked to me about starting as a stylist there the moment I get my cosmetology license. Despite the awesome proposition I REALLY need out of Minnesota. I might take up the offer for about a year after I graduate, so I can get my plans organized, but I don't want to stay in MN longer then a year after I graduate from Aveda. I've visited San Diego in the past and fell in love, and I've never been to Vegas but it sounds much more beneficial to me-- not for partying or lifestyle, but for my career path. I've looked up information about transferring my license to both states, so that's cool.

I am really just wondering if anyone knows what the beauty industry is like in either city? What neighborhoods would you recommend for me to do some research on? Any tips or words of wisdom? I could use ANYTHING you have to say!

(By the way, either cities really fit my personality-- I'm huge into the rockabilly scene and I play roller derby. Check and check, for both!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2012, 02:36 PM

231 posts, read 640,172 times
I don't have any constructive advice regarding the cosmetologist aspect but I know our girl's roller derby team is pretty good: San Diego Roller Derby

I would definitely recommend visiting Vegas first, it's unlike any other place in the world, for better or worse. Either way, Vegas to so.cal or vice-a-versa is a 3.5-5.5 hour drive depending on location and traffic or an hour flight.

Last edited by windnsea00; 02-02-2012 at 02:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City