U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 09:24 PM

1,419 posts, read 4,287,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiggy View Post
It was really great to find this thread! My wife and I are looking into the ABQ and DEN areas. From PHX, so we could always go back there (but why when there is so much more out there to try?) It will be tough leaving Charleston, SC, a city so full of history that you can't go anywhere without running into something significant. Thanks for the hospital info as well since I am a physician assistant student who graduates in August and needs to find a job.
Believe me, Albuquerque has just as much if not more history...however, Its a different kind of history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2007, 03:50 PM

13 posts, read 30,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abqsunport View Post
Believe me, Albuquerque has just as much if not more history...however, Its a different kind of history.
And that is one thing that draws us there - something different. Might have to do a little research on it.

I think we are going to visit there in December when we come out to visit family. One nice thing is that it's far enough away from family that they won't be dropping by, but close enough to visit...

Old 11-16-2007, 05:19 PM

371 posts, read 1,784,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiggy View Post
I think we are going to visit there in December when we come out to visit family. One nice thing is that it's far enough away from family that they won't be dropping by, but close enough to visit...
Family visit - for a month or maybe longer and someone every month!! Our family is from the East Coast and we have the in-laws for the whole month of November or at least 3 weeks of it. Live in a 1600 square foot house and we're sleeping in my son's playroom. We have given them our master suite. Maybe not so smart on our part. Just kidding. Its okay so far. Do remember when you move far away though they become overnight guests and not daytime vistors.

Old 03-02-2008, 11:43 PM

28 posts, read 92,728 times
i spent 14 yrs in denver, its got much more going on now than it did in the 80s and 90s
i live in indianapolis now and really cant stand it, talk about a town without a identity!!
(colts)..trying to decide from jacksonville fl, san antonio tx,or abq, little concerned about the crime rate in abq

Old 03-03-2008, 09:15 PM

3,766 posts, read 8,238,024 times
Well, since someone bumped up this thread, I suppose I could give an update. Arrived in ABQ first week of January, and haven't regretted it all. It's awesome. And I don't think the "bad" parts of town are all that bad, but then, I'm comparing ABQ to parts of Miami and New Orleans. I've had to shovel snow off the car a few times using my handy little wisk broom and dust pan That was some hard work, let me tell you! Definitely glad I moved here and not Denver (no offense to Denver).

Old 03-04-2008, 12:27 AM

5,607 posts, read 20,184,784 times
See this thread I just started on the Denver forum for my latest thoughts on the subject.

Old 03-04-2008, 02:15 PM

14,933 posts, read 16,527,617 times
Welcome to town, yukon. Glad you like it here.

ABQConvict

Old 03-04-2008, 07:01 PM

1,419 posts, read 4,287,696 times
Welcome YUKON!!!

Old 03-16-2008, 08:46 PM

2 posts, read 6,639 times
Lived in both places. hands down, Denver
also lived in the south, still denver. Dry heat my ass, heat is heat with or without humity, Denver, best weather by far of anyplace I've ever lived.
Even when its snowing the sun is shining, they take great care of the roads too.
It might be more expensive to live, but the economy evens it out. If i can afford a $1000 a month apartment serving, pretty sure anything you're doing will allow you to have a decent domicile

Old 03-17-2008, 09:03 PM

153 posts, read 681,727 times
I didn't read all the posts above but I lived in Denver for one whole year and driving in that city in the winter SUCKS. Plus Abq. is easier to get around and navigate IMO, plus it's cheap!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or