Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 10:45 AM

2,823 posts, read 4,491,685 times

Advertisements

Mississippi has a pretty cool flag, jk. I can't figure out for the life of me why they haven't changed that, certainly there'd be some pretty strong protests, right?

I do like the South Carolina flag, it almost looks a little Arabian! You see plenty of stickers of the flag on cars.

I'm cool with our flag in North Carolina. Simple, but nothing over the top.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2015, 08:02 PM

1,461 posts, read 2,957,688 times
South Carolina!!!!

Old 03-15-2015, 08:14 PM

3,702 posts, read 4,848,917 times
I like how Georgia caved in to those against the "Confederate" flag and replaced it with a flag that is more like the real Confederate flag. Slick!

I also like the ones complaining of people flying the Texas flag upside down. We all know that all the Texas flag is is an upside down NC flag!

(hides in corner after pissing some off for sure)

Old 03-16-2015, 07:57 AM

1,069 posts, read 1,047,571 times
1-Wyoming
2-South Carolina
3-Alaska
4-Arizona
5-Oklahoma
6-Pennsylvania
7-Maryland
8-Michigan
9-California
10-North Dakota

Old 03-16-2015, 09:15 AM

533 posts, read 822,047 times
I don't know enough about the state flags to rank the top 10. Maybe I should check out all the episodes of "Fun With Flags." I do rather like Arkansas' flag though.

Old 03-16-2015, 05:13 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,966,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJayCB View Post
Mississippi has a pretty cool flag, jk. I can't figure out for the life of me why they haven't changed that, certainly there'd be some pretty strong protests, right?

I do like the South Carolina flag, it almost looks a little Arabian! You see plenty of stickers of the flag on cars.

I'm cool with our flag in North Carolina. Simple, but nothing over the top.
Eh, I'm not a fan of our flag. It's a boring take on the US flag--stars and stripes with the state seal slapped on like some other states. I wish we'd gone for something a bit more creative like New Mexico or South Carolina.

The City of Durham has a cool flag, and it's the only city flag in the state that's interesting, as far as I know.

Old 03-16-2015, 06:42 PM

1,361 posts, read 2,272,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinfshr View Post
I like how Georgia caved in to those against the "Confederate" flag and replaced it with a flag that is more like the real Confederate flag. Slick!

I also like the ones complaining of people flying the Texas flag upside down. We all know that all the Texas flag is is an upside down NC flag!

(hides in corner after pissing some off for sure)
Not pissed off but imparting some facts. The Lone Star Flag was adopted by the Republic of Texas in 1835- same as our current flag although it was officially re-adopted in 1933 due to some statute issues after the Civil War. The current NC flag was adopted after the Civil War to replace a slightly different one from 1861 adopted for the Confederacy. NC did not have an official flag before that.

TX may be plain but it's to the point and strikes the heart of a true Texan so it does what it needs to do. I'm also fond of the "Come and Take It" flag which is showing up on a lot of big trucks these days and was posted on an earlier post. This thread has me interested in state flags now so I'm going to educate myself on them. I have to admit to only being familiar with a few but I do like NM and NC. I think every state should proudly fly their flags like TX does.

Old 03-16-2015, 06:46 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,467,718 times
What an odd post but now that you mentioned it what about Maryland's flag, its so goofy it makes me laugh.

Old 03-16-2015, 06:59 PM

2,823 posts, read 4,491,685 times
The Maryland flag is truly "love it or hate it."

You can tell the Alabama flag is Confederate-ish, although it doesn't have the actual insignia like Mississippi and the old Georgia flag. Even Tennessee, and the North Carolina state flag is modeled after the original/official Confederate flag. I shouldn't be surprised, though.

Old 03-16-2015, 07:00 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,467,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJayCB View Post
The Maryland flag is truly "love it or hate it."

You can tell the Alabama flag is Confederate-ish, although it doesn't have the actual insignia like Mississippi and the old Georgia flag. Even Tennessee, and the North Carolina state flag is modeled after the original/official Confederate flag.
How can anybody not love Maryland's flag, thats like hating a baby and nobody hates a baby lol. Maryland flag is amazing and I am not even from Maryland. Arizona, Colorado California and Texas's flag all kick ass as well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.