Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2012, 11:04 PM

1,190 posts, read 2,252,781 times

Advertisements

I know that Hagerstown will be joining the DC 'CSA' area next year if the definitions stay the same or ease up. That's another 400,000 in the DC basket

Old 03-07-2012, 12:27 AM

13,727 posts, read 15,751,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
Give it a rest...its NOT gonna happen. Baltimore and DC hopefully will NEVER become on MSA. DC just want to use Baltimore of boost it's numbers.
Have you checked the commuter numbers? You might want to check them instead of just talking without facts like you seem to do often. As for the adding Baltimore to boost D.C.'s numbers comment, you would be wrong again because D.C. will drop in many categories by adding Baltimore. Our median income will drop. Our percentage of people with a degree will drop. There are a ton of things we will unfortunately fall in because of Baltimore. Unlike you though, I am facing reality.

Old 03-07-2012, 12:33 AM

10,106 posts, read 9,963,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
Have you checked the commuter numbers? You might want to check them instead of just talking without facts like you seem to do often.
Is that a standard line you use with everyone??? When I present a fact, I always include more than one source. Fact is you act like a kids on Christmas waiting for Baltimore and DC to become one MSA. It seems like you are only looking forward to it for bragging points on C-D. It wont make DC feel any bigger, definitely wont make Baltimore any bigger. This isn't the Bay Area, Baltimore doesn't want to be associated with DC..what's so hard to figure out about that?

Old 03-07-2012, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
For that to happen 25% of the Baltimore(city) workforce would have to commute to the DC area in order for both areas to combined into one MSA. I just don't see that happening anytime soon.
MSA's are defined by 25% of any county commuting to another county of another MSA. D.C. and Baltimore city proper don't have to have a single person from city proper working in the other MSA. If Howard County has 25% of their county working in Montgomery County, Prince George's County, or D.C. proper etc., then D.C. and Baltimore will join as one MSA. People need to learn how this works.

Old 03-07-2012, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Is that a standard line you use with everyone??? When I present a fact, I always include more than one source. Fact is you act like a kids on Christmas waiting for Baltimore and DC to become one MSA. It seems like you are only looking forward to it for bragging points on C-D. It wont make DC feel any bigger, definitely wont make Baltimore any bigger. This isn't the Bay Area, Baltimore doesn't want to be associated with DC..what's so hard to figure out about that?
And we don't want to be associated with you either. This is strictly an MSA designation. Most people don't even know what an MSA is and they definitely don't care. We are talking about census data measuring and that is it. In 2050, D.C. and Baltimore will still have nothing in common.

Old 03-07-2012, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Not all DC posters want to absorb Baltimore for DC's benefit. Tell you the truth, I dont even consider Baltimore apart of the same region as DC, Richmond, Miami even though you folks are just 40 miles north your culture is 180 of ours

Old 03-07-2012, 12:42 AM

Quote:
And we don't want to be associated with you bammas either.
Not cool man

Old 03-07-2012, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyman11 View Post
Not all DC posters want to absorb Baltimore for DC's benefit. Tell you the truth, I dont even consider Baltimore apart of the same region as DC, Richmond, Miami, etc
I don't think I have seen any D.C. poster say they actually WANT to join with Baltimore. People may use their education to highlight the economic correlation between the two, but nothing else. Baltimore is low budget compared to D.C.

Old 03-07-2012, 12:47 AM

10,106 posts, read 9,963,986 times
Quote:
And we don't want to be associated with you bammas either. This is strictly an MSA designation. Most people don't even know what an MSA is and they definitely don't care. We are talking about census data measuring and that is it. In 2050, D.C. and Baltimore will still have nothing in common.

"Do you have any idea how many people in Baltimore work in D.C.? Next year when the new commuter rates are updated for MSA's lines, whether people in each MSA like it or not, the D.C. and Baltimore area will become one MSA. It's going to happen. They are one CSA based on the 2000 census but, they will become one MSA next year with over 8 million people."

Cut the crap. This doesn't sound like a person that doesn't want Baltimore and DC to be one MSA.

Old 03-07-2012, 12:48 AM

Quote:
I don't think I have seen any D.C. poster say they actually WANT to join with Baltimore. People may use their education to highlight the economic correlation between the two, but nothing else. Baltimore is low budget compared to D.C.
Most DC area folks look to Baltimore for BWI [namely MD burbs of DC] as a third airport and Johns Hopkins for where they want to send their kids off to med school IMO. Outside of that DC and Baltimore people barely acknowledge the others existence IMO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City