U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city do you like better to live or visit?
San Diego 133 64.56%
Houston 73 35.44%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 10:38 PM

5,377 posts, read 7,669,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrantiX View Post
This site is full of nutjobs IMO. Its hard to argue against the cities in California, especially those in coastal California. Take them all from a birdseye to understand them. I don't doubt that Houston has a lot going for it but it pales in comparison to the Californian cities.

San Diego is America's finest city. Best weather in the country. Scenery is eye popping. Crime rate is the lowest for all big cities in the US. Downtown is hopping. Gaslamp district is one of the finest and largest nightlife districts around. Conventions are plentiful as are entertainment options from seaworld, to legoland, to the world famous zoo's. Outdoor activities have no limits. Location is perfect for a trek into the bigger city LA or into the resort destinations of Baja. San Diego also has a world famous UCSD, one of the best public colleges in the nation apart of the country's best public school system. Some of the finest gold courses and neighborhoods in the world.

Its really laughable when people compare cities that don't measure up to San Diego despite being much larger. San Diego is just a more desirable city than Houston or Dallas or Atlanta or Miami or Phily or Detroit or Denver or Charlotte. Its more desirable because its safe, clean, family friendly, has a great location, great weather, perfect scenery, great schools, and great neighborhoods. Sure Houston may have some of these things but it will never have a perfect list like San Diego and don't take that offensively because Houston isn't the only big city that fails to measure up to San Diego, think Atlanta, Miami, Dallas, Phily, Detroit, Cleveland, Charlotte, and well 95% of the cities in the country.

City data is not ready to compare the cities in California with the other 49, you outsiders will never grasp the full package our cities offer and you wont ever appreciate it as much as we do. To you outsiders you have to combine your states and your regions in hopes of stacking up to us, we laugh at that hysterically.

This is not arrogance, this is truth that the people of San Diego have done all necessary to create the cleanest, safest, best rounded city America has to offer. Texas isn't a bad state and I do believe its the second state in the US but that doesn't excuse it from falling short to California, the gap between the number one state and the second state is enormous and that speaks for itself about how far behind the rest of this country is to California IMO.
Dude! I thought you were atleast a half way credible poster until I saw this. California is NOT a perfect utopia, & that includes San Diego. SD is in no way superior to most of those cities listed. And the reason people combine states to make it stack up to Cali is because only 2/50 states are larger (only one of those two even come close in pop.)

Old 07-08-2012, 10:47 PM

2,346 posts, read 3,199,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
California is NOT a perfect utopia
Never called it a utopia. I just pointed out how its more advance and ahead of the other 49. Some of the political ideas from states like Vermont I would love to have them here but overall no other state comes close.
Quote:
that includes San Diego.
Never called San Diego a utopia either. I just see threads comparing Miami to San Diego or Phily to San Diego and it makes me scratch my head how cities where crime is rampantly out of control win the discussions and everything San Diego has to offer is overlooked. At least with the case of Houston it's not a murderous hole like those other two cities but its still three times more dangerous than San Diego.
Quote:
SD is in no way superior to most of those cities listed.
Again I never used the word superior. Superiority and inferiority are words of opinions, I have no use for them. Objectively speaking however, San Diego does have the climate, safety, and reputation to exceed many larger cities.
Quote:
And the reason people combine states to make it stack up to Cali is because only 2/50 states are larger (only one of those two even come close in pop.)
Well they need to stop. Its not just California I see them do it with, I see them do it with Texas to a much lessor extent. It's called an inferiority complex but people that live their lives in irrelevant states have nothing but inferiority to offer this board. Its a fact that California is #1 and in most cases a fact that Texas or New York are #2 or #3. The sooner people accept their places and admit to what they cant reach, the better.

If you told me you prefer Montana to California, I wouldn't look down on you as a lessor person or your state as a lessor place. I can assure you that much, I have respect for the preferences of others.

Old 07-08-2012, 10:53 PM

15,404 posts, read 24,403,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
I think it's terrible that the SD boosters have resorted to bashing Houston,
But you don't think it's terrible how a certain Houston booster resorted to bashing and misrepresenting San Diego? Which is what lead to the Houston bashing.

Old 07-08-2012, 10:56 PM

24,683 posts, read 43,189,981 times
San Diego by a million miles

Old 07-08-2012, 10:59 PM

Quote:
. I can sense the jealousy each time someone makes an argument for "4 seasons" and those are the same people that think the beaches in Florida or North Carolina are better because they're warmer, laughable really that they prefer 10 degrees outside but in turn cant deal with 40 degree water. Intellectual dishonesty and jealousy.
Probably because that will give you HYPOTHERMIA. No one can physically handle those type of water temperatures w/o protection. Why is it so hard for you to accept not everyone likes the aspects of CA as much as you?

Quote:
This is not arrogance
Yes it is, not everyone prefers or wants what CA has to offer. You seem to rarely, if ever, mention or admit the negative aspects of Ca and its cities.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:01 PM

2,346 posts, read 3,199,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Yes it is, not everyone prefers or wants what CA has to offer. You seem to rarely, if ever, mention or admit the negative aspects of Ca and its cities.
Why do you read my posts expecting me to "admit" to anything? Why the double standard?
Quote:
Probably because that will give you HYPOTHERMIA. No one can physically handle those type of water temperatures w/o protection. Why is it so hard for you to accept not everyone likes the aspects of CA as much as you?
Because they're LIARS. They're lying. Why do you not understand this? Why do you feed them on their anti California double standards?

If San Francisco is 3rd on any list a Miamian or Atlantan or Philadelphian will dismiss it but the next year when their cities edge San Francisco out, then they wont stop their nonsense because all of a sudden the list becomes "credible". It's all a cycle of inferiority for them.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Why do you read my posts expecting me to "admit" to anything? Why the double standard?
What double standard? My point was your posts lack objectivity and come off as very arrogant.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Because they're LIARS. They're lying. Why do you not understand this? Why do you feed them on their anti California double standards?

If San Francisco is 3rd on any list a Miamian or Atlantan or Philadelphian will dismiss it but the next year when their cities edge San Francisco out, then they wont stop their nonsense because all of a sudden the list becomes "credible". It's all a cycle of inferiority for them.
What the hell are you talking about? So if someone prefers warmer water and the beaches of Florida how does that make them a liar? I prefer the beaches of Florida as well, many people do and it's not hard to understand why either.

You really think if someone doesn't choose CA as their #1 preference for whatever that makes them a "liar"? Give me a break, that sounds so incredibly ignorant. Just accept CA isn't the best at everything and not everyone shares your opinion of it, including myself.

I'm kind of wondering at this point if you're actually trying to make CA look bad with your over-the-top arrogance.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:22 PM

886 posts, read 1,292,279 times
Quote:
This site is full of nutjobs IMO. Its hard to argue against the cities in California, especially those in coastal California. Take them all from a birdseye to understand them. I don't doubt that Houston has a lot going for it but it pales in comparison to the Californian cities.

San Diego is America's finest city. Best weather in the country. Scenery is eye popping. Crime rate is the lowest for all big cities in the US. Downtown is hopping. Gaslamp district is one of the finest and largest nightlife districts around. Conventions are plentiful as are entertainment options from seaworld, to legoland, to the world famous zoo's. Outdoor activities have no limits. Location is perfect for a trek into the bigger city LA or into the resort destinations of Baja. San Diego also has a world famous UCSD, one of the best public colleges in the nation apart of the country's best public school system. Some of the finest golf courses and neighborhoods in the world.

Its really laughable when people compare cities that don't measure up to San Diego despite being much larger. San Diego is just a more desirable city than Houston or Dallas or Atlanta or Miami or Phily or Detroit or Denver or Charlotte. Its more desirable because its safe, clean, family friendly, has a great location, great weather, perfect scenery, great schools, and great neighborhoods. Sure Houston may have some of these things but it will never have a perfect list like San Diego and don't take that offensively because Houston isn't the only big city that fails to measure up to San Diego, think Atlanta, Miami, Dallas, Phily, Detroit, Cleveland, Charlotte, and well 95% of the cities in the country.

City data is not ready to compare the cities in California with the other 49, you outsiders will never grasp the full package our cities offer and you wont ever appreciate it as much as we do. To you outsiders you have to combine your states and your regions in hopes of stacking up to us, we laugh at that hysterically. I can sense the jealousy each time someone makes an argument for "4 seasons" and those are the same people that think the beaches in Florida or North Carolina are better because they're warmer, laughable really that they prefer 10 degrees outside but in turn cant deal with 40 degree water. Intellectual dishonesty and jealousy.

This is not arrogance, this is truth that the people of San Diego have done all necessary to create the cleanest, safest, best rounded city America has to offer. Texas isn't a bad state and I do believe its the second state in the US in many ways (not politics, sorry) but that doesn't excuse it from falling short to California, the gap between the number one state and the second state is enormous and that speaks for itself about how far behind the rest of this country is to California IMO.
I know you. BayAreaNightmare, BayAreaFinisher, MachineKnownasLosAngeles, LosAngelesNightmare.

Same arrogance, same arguments, same everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaNightmare View Post
CALIFORNIA Obviously

that 1-2-3 Knockout punch is unbeatable

LA, SD, SF

then Id say

TEXAS AND FLORIDA
LOL

Old 07-08-2012, 11:25 PM

886 posts, read 1,292,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
I'm kind of wondering at this point if you're actually trying to make CA look bad with your over-the-top arrogance.
Believe it or not, he's actually saying things exactly as he feels. He's done this many times before and he's just one of those overthetop Californians that has way to much pride in his state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or