U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: More Liberal?
West Coast? 61 62.24%
NE Corridor? 37 37.76%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 01:55 PM

5,396 posts, read 3,755,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
In any general election, a candidate would avoid these regions because it's a waste of time. These two region will vote Democrat no matter what. What make these regions unique is that they have high concentration of elite and poor.

Which region redistributes the wealth the most?

Which region protests for liberal agendas more?

Which region is more apologetic to the LGBT community?

Which region is more apologetic to race relations?

Which region has more liberal yuppies?
West Coast plays the game (protests for LBGT rights, universal heathcare ect.) the east coast accually does stuff, Only 1 state on the West coast allows gay Marraige, 8 do on the East Coast, MA has univeral Heathcare, no other state does, not saying these things are necesarily good but they are Liberal Ideas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 02:04 PM

1,352 posts, read 1,328,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchitup View Post
One thing to note about the West Coast is that anything more than say, 30 miles from the coast is decidedly conservative (Other than in LA and the Bay area, where it 'bubbles' out a little and more inland cities are still fairly liberal.)
Sacramento/Davis are fairly liberal and about 80 miles away from the coast.

Old 03-09-2012, 07:09 PM

1,592 posts, read 1,636,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
West Coast plays the game (protests for LBGT rights, universal heathcare ect.) the east coast accually does stuff, Only 1 state on the West coast allows gay Marraige, 8 do on the East Coast, MA has univeral Heathcare, no other state does, not saying these things are necesarily good but they are Liberal Ideas.
how is the east coast doing on medical marijuana? assisted suicide?

the OP's language makes me suspect he does not like liberals.

Old 03-09-2012, 08:59 PM

4,728 posts, read 3,302,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1208 View Post
how is the east coast doing on medical marijuana? assisted suicide?

the OP's language makes me suspect he does not like liberals.

You obviously haven't lurked the political forum on CD.

I'm one of the few on that forum who is a liberal.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:00 PM

I think the NE corridor have more liberal polices. The WC has more liberal people who subscribe to grass roots liberalism.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:04 PM

178 posts, read 150,703 times
>>>>>>>Is Liberal and a Californian. The West Coast is weird becuase our inland areas in California, Oregon, and Washington have strong Conservatives, but we dominate due to the population centers and the fact that the GOP doesn't moderate its positions beyond its base, atleast in CA.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:38 PM

1,732 posts, read 2,100,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missRoxyhart View Post
Just my perceptions. I think it's probably California overall.

Edit: It was the whole West Coast? It's still on top either way I think.
This just in...The West Coast consists of more than just CA.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:00 PM

1,971 posts, read 1,204,067 times
I like a lot about the west coast but one thing that really annoys me about it is that people wear their politics on their sleeve. You're either super liberal and an ideologue or you're the opposite (but still an ideologue).

As an example, I had someone who had just moved to Philly from Oakland lecture me about how we should really compost at my place of work . . . we already do we just don't feel the need to talk about how great we are because of it.

I have a lot of relatives who call themselves conservative and probably don't spend much time dwelling on gay marriage or medical marijuana but don't think either should be illegal . . . but then i'm from NJ and that's just part of the culture regardless of what your politics are. Being conservative in NJ means something different than it does in Ohio and by the same token there aren't as many liberal activist types either.

I guess my point is that the west coast is a land of political extremes whereas in the northeast a persons viewpoints on social or environmental issues is separate from their economic perspective and there's much less disagreement over the social and environmental issues.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:06 PM

7,732 posts, read 7,129,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAXTOR121 View Post
LOL where's the evidence for this John?
Well, I guess the poll would be some evidence.

But the old saying "Go, and you'll know" also applies.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:14 PM

Why didn't the OWS movement start in California?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City