Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where should I vacation in September?
NYC 19 47.50%
Miami 9 22.50%
Las Vegas 1 2.50%
New Orleans 3 7.50%
Other (please explain) 8 20.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 12:00 PM

3,671 posts, read 5,887,114 times

Advertisements

Im a 18 year old going on vacation around September and can't decide on where to go. Those are my top 2 choices. Went to SoCal last year so im not going back there this year. Other potential options is New Orleans and Vegas. Im worried about the hurricanes in Miami, last year when I was in LA there was a bad hurricane that hit the city at the exact same time I was on vacation last summer. But that wasn't in September. I know NY is a great city but im not sure if it's a better city for a summer vacation. I don't know enough about any of these cities to make a final decision. Can anyone, who actually knows what their talking about help me out. You can also suggest other places too, as long as it's not in the Mid-west, I live here so that wouldn't really be a vacation for me. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2012, 12:10 PM

358 posts, read 755,160 times
Summertime in NYC is tops for me. You'll be bored in Miami after 2 days at the beach.

Old 04-15-2012, 12:28 PM

573 posts, read 1,361,083 times
NYC is nice at summer, but if you would like you could check out LA, trust me you wont be bored, there is so much to do, probably wouldnt finish visiting the city in some weeks.

(sorry didnt finish reading your post)

Old 04-15-2012, 12:50 PM

771 posts, read 1,395,905 times
NYCfor sure. Although I would never go to any of the cities you listed in the summer. Miami, New Orleans and Las Vegas are incredibly hot in the summer. Unless you plan to be by a pool or the beach the entire time you will find it too hot to be outside and will be mor indoors than outdoors. Also in Las Vegas and New Orleans the fun is more if you are 21+ of age, ESP Vegas.

NYC summers are good, it's just there are way too many tourists in the summer. It can get annoying. If it were me I would do Seattle, Denver, San Diego, Boston or NYC. How about Canada? Toronto and Montrel must have some amazing summers.

Old 04-15-2012, 03:06 PM

1,045 posts, read 1,978,192 times
Marvin: Both are nice and interesting places.

I voted for NYC. September is a GREAT time to be in NYC. Miami scorches June to Sept. Try Miami from Oct. to May (weather is nicer).

Of course, there is more to do and see in NYC given its history and size.

But you'll have a good time no matter which one you pick.

Old 04-15-2012, 03:37 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,520,768 times
too hot in Miami that time of year

Old 04-15-2012, 04:28 PM

2,563 posts, read 6,059,006 times
Miami is great all year long but you could pick a better time. If you're going to come to Miami you should shoot for during either Ultra, WMC, Basel, International Film Festival...

Of course if you're looking for a good time there's supposed to be a UM Hurricanes game on Labor Day weekend which is sure to be pretty awesome for an 18 year old and would probably lead you to either more parties out at the beach or at a house; which is good because its not like you're 21.

In NYC everyone seems to be voting like there's that much to do but again you're not 21. Art galleries, the Met, Natural History, I guess a ride out to Coney Island if you wanted to or the Bronx Zoo..

Actually as I write this if you're going solo I would definitely head to Miami and hit up that UM game and the beach. Labor Day weekend at any beach in Florida is a real good place to meet people to show you around and such.

Old 04-15-2012, 04:42 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,148 times
Just because a person is not 21, doesn't mean there isn't a lot to do.

I would hit up NYC. There is a lot more to see in the NYC than there is down in Miami. Depending on how long you will be in the area, you could take an easy side trip up to Boston, or down to Philadelphia, which is closer to NYC than Boston is.

Old 04-15-2012, 04:45 PM

32,100 posts, read 34,714,145 times
Miami

Old 04-15-2012, 04:59 PM

2,563 posts, read 6,059,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Just because a person is not 21, doesn't mean there isn't a lot to do.

I would hit up NYC. There is a lot more to see in the NYC than there is down in Miami. Depending on how long you will be in the area, you could take an easy side trip up to Boston, or down to Philadelphia, which is closer to NYC than Boston is.
That's awesome. There's so much to do in NYC, why you could go to Philly or Boston!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City