Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ...
Denver 194 69.04%
Charlotte 87 30.96%
Voters: 281. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 09:34 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,909,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fltonc12 View Post
You cannot expect everyone to agree with your opinion and mine is just as correct as yours, so saying I can feel free to believe Charlotte is on par with Denver in regards to transportation, downtown area, ect is correct.
Well pull out the fact and lets see who's opinion sounds more valet and whos opinion seems to lean towards being a Homer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2013, 12:22 AM

2,561 posts, read 5,811,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneNative View Post
Denver is so much more of a cowtown than people seem to believe. I know very little about Charlotte, but it's an awfully big leap to say that Denver is anything like leaps-and-bounds over Charlotte.
Is this what you meant by front range cowtown cowboy?..see he even old AL J wears a cowboy hat. former cowtown teenage product of ,Denver Greeley,Boulder..

Ministry - "Burning Inside" - YouTube

Old 03-19-2013, 08:40 AM

1,526 posts, read 1,984,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fltonc12 View Post
You cannot expect everyone to agree with your opinion and mine is just as correct as yours, so saying I can feel free to believe Charlotte is on par with Denver in regards to transportation, downtown area, ect is correct.
Well, let's start with transportation. Answer the following questions for us. How many light rail lines does Charlotte currently have, how many are under construction, and how many are planned? How many does Denver currently have, how many are under construction, and how many are planned? What were Charlotte's most recent light rail ridership numbers compared to Denver's? Also, please prove that Charlotte's bus system is on par with Denver's. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by YIMBY; 03-19-2013 at 09:09 AM..

Old 03-19-2013, 10:18 AM

1,066 posts, read 2,071,537 times
"Well, let's start with transportation. Answer the following questions for us. How many light rail lines does Charlotte currently have, how many are under construction, and how many are planned? How many does Denver currently have, how many are under construction, and how many are planned? What were Charlotte's most recent light rail ridership numbers compared to Denver's? Also, please prove that Charlotte's bus system is on par with Denver's. Thanks in advance."

And after that, compare Denver and charlotte's airports and numbers/flights, size and number of shows for each cities PAC's, which city is more educated, healthier, etc. Then get back to us!

Old 03-19-2013, 04:21 PM

209 posts, read 461,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YIMBY View Post
Well, let's start with transportation. Answer the following questions for us. How many light rail lines does Charlotte currently have, how many are under construction, and how many are planned? How many does Denver currently have, how many are under construction, and how many are planned? What were Charlotte's most recent light rail ridership numbers compared to Denver's? Also, please prove that Charlotte's bus system is on par with Denver's. Thanks in advance.
Um, calm down.

Light rail does not make any city automatically better than the other and that's pretty obvious. The other poster also never stated Charlotte had better transportation then Denver.

Last edited by georgia2012; 03-19-2013 at 04:47 PM..

Old 03-19-2013, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehiDenver View Post
And after that, compare Denver and charlotte's airports and numbers/flights, size and number of shows for each cities PAC's, which city is more educated, healthier, etc. Then get back to us!
LOL. Denver's airport is bigger than New York's airport, your point is invalid. Try again.

How is Denver healthier than Charlotte?

How is Denver "more educated"?

Don't ask others to answer questions you can't answer yourself.

Last edited by georgia2012; 03-19-2013 at 04:40 PM..

Old 03-19-2013, 04:38 PM

37,877 posts, read 41,910,477 times
More educated is an easy one; typically educational attainment rates are assessed by percentage of residents holding bachelor's degrees or higher. Denver ranks pretty high here nationally.

Health can be assessed a number of ways, with a popular one being percentage of obese/overweight residents. I know Colorado ranks pretty favorable here, maybe even number one among all states with the lowest percentage of residents suffering from overweight/obesity.

I prefer Charlotte overall, but Denver does best it in most categories. This is why I say that Denver is a half-tier to a full tier above Charlotte, or, at most, occupies a slot a couple of notches higher on the same totem pole.

Old 03-19-2013, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
More educated is an easy one; typically educational attainment rates are assessed by percentage of residents holding bachelor's degrees or higher. Denver ranks pretty high here nationally.
But wouldn't that make Denver ahead of most cities in terms of education if it's ranked so high?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Health can be assessed a number of ways, with a popular one being percentage of obese/overweight residents. I know Colorado ranks pretty favorable here, maybe even number one among all states with the lowest percentage of residents suffering from overweight/obesity.
I'm not sure whether the other poster meant "healthier" in terms of obese/overweight residents like you're assuming or something else.

I agree that Denver is slightly ahead of Charlotte, but the pro-Denver posters are boosting the city a little too much.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:09 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,071,537 times
I know where Denver stacks up, and it is the charlotte peeps trying to put their city in a tier that it is not in! And yes, Denver and Colorado as a whole are amongst the healthiest in the Nation. Colorado is by far the "least obese" state. And the above poster was right that Denver metro has a higher percentage of residents with at least a BS or above. Out of most of the "things" being compared for these 2 cities, Denver wins. The weather and scenery options are just opinion, the rest can be factually proved. I have still yet to see anything that shows these 2 cities are in the same tier.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:10 AM

1,526 posts, read 1,984,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia2012 View Post
Um, calm down.

Light rail does not make any city automatically better than the other and that's pretty obvious. The other poster also never stated Charlotte had better transportation then Denver.
No one stated light rail makes one city better than another and if you go back and actually read what I had posted you would know that I was not only referring to light rail.

I requested that the poster prove how Charlotte's light rail and bus systems are on par with Denver's as he is of the opinion that they are. There are information (facts) available to the public that prove they are not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City