U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-27-2008, 05:21 PM
 
Location: Phoenix metro
20,005 posts, read 68,029,677 times
Reputation: 10063

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
On the other hand, for those of us who like to drive -- and not just in the sense of "point the snout of the car in some direction and step on the gas pedal" but to really, truly drive -- imagine how nice it would be to actually have some curves and switchbacks to drive on.
Oh yeah, forgot about that. But just imagine how clogged those roads would be during the weekends if we had mountains out here. You wouldnt be able to go anywhere anyways. And theyd only be passable at times, as Im sure the snowfall up there would be horrendous, if we're talking Rockies-sized behemoths.

 
Old 02-27-2008, 05:28 PM
 
7,246 posts, read 13,162,935 times
Reputation: 3507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Oh yeah, forgot about that. But just imagine how clogged those roads would be during the weekends if we had mountains out here. You wouldnt be able to go anywhere anyways. And theyd only be passable at times, as Im sure the snowfall up there would be horrendous, if we're talking Rockies-sized behemoths.
Sheesh, Steve-o. Have a little more faith in jdiddy-god. If he was custom-building a mountain range, I think he could build in a few expressway-sized passes....
 
Old 02-27-2008, 05:47 PM
 
Location: Chicago
4,665 posts, read 8,720,679 times
Reputation: 3105
If I were to do that, I'd have to balance that act of kindness by giving the Western Suburbs the same climate as Phoenix. Mysterious ways...
 
Old 02-27-2008, 06:07 PM
 
Location: Phoenix metro
20,005 posts, read 68,029,677 times
Reputation: 10063
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
If I were to do that, I'd have to balance that act of kindness by giving the Western Suburbs the same climate as Phoenix. Mysterious ways...
Youd be a sucky god. Youd give us hellish heat, no snow, and hardly any rain? Booo! I want my green grass and trees and 4 seasons, thank you very much.

Or were you saying that just to be mean as punishment for my remarks?
 
Old 02-27-2008, 06:10 PM
 
Location: Phoenix metro
20,005 posts, read 68,029,677 times
Reputation: 10063
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
If he was custom-building a mountain range, I think he could build in a few expressway-sized passes....
Nah, that would take out all the fun. You need the roads to be tight, obnoxiously (to the point of nausea) curvy and 2 lane only.

jdiddy, if you want to be a good god, pick up Tennessee's "Dragon" and put it in our range, and limit the road to only those who can drive. In other words, no RVs, trucks, tourists, slow-mobiles, etc allowed. Only allow cars with sporting potential and good drivers behind the wheel. Thanks.

Carry on.
 
Old 02-27-2008, 06:13 PM
 
7,246 posts, read 13,162,935 times
Reputation: 3507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Nah, that would take out all the fun. You need the roads to be tight, obnoxiously (to the point of nausea) curvy and 2 lane only.

jdiddy, if you want to be a good god, pick up Tennessee's "Dragon" and put it in our range, and limit the road to only those who can drive. In other words, no RVs, trucks, tourists, slow-mobiles, etc allowed. Only allow cars with sporting potential and good drivers behind the wheel. Thanks.

Carry on.
The jdiddy-God I believe in encourages free will. Both kinds of roads. Pick your poison. Nothing I love more than a curvy mountain road, (drove on 'em for years!) but if I had to zig and zag every time I wanted to go to friggin IKEA, I'd curse jdiddy-god for his capricious ways....
 
Old 02-27-2008, 06:30 PM
 
Location: Chicago
4,665 posts, read 8,720,679 times
Reputation: 3105
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
The jdiddy-God I believe in encourages free will. Both kinds of roads. Pick your poison. Nothing I love more than a curvy mountain road, (drove on 'em for years!) but if I had to zig and zag every time I wanted to go to friggin IKEA, I'd curse jdiddy-god for his capricious ways....
You have my style down.
 
Old 02-27-2008, 07:02 PM
 
7,246 posts, read 13,162,935 times
Reputation: 3507
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
You have my style down.
I'd not dare to be so bold as to know the mind of jdiddy-god.
 
Old 02-27-2008, 08:50 PM
mdz
 
Location: Near West Burbs, IL
622 posts, read 2,370,497 times
Reputation: 194
Well, it's as good a time as any to shut this one down. But not before I, a lowly moderator, offer up gifts of delicous lager and ale to His/Her's Excellency in Perpetuity, the jdiddy-god.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top