U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city would you prefer ? Dallas or San Diego ?
Dallas 92 34.85%
San Diego 168 63.64%
It's a Tie! 4 1.52%
Voters: 264. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 07:46 PM

2,782 posts, read 1,465,656 times

Advertisements

It's a surprisingly a slight margin. San Diego got this one over Dallas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2016, 08:47 PM

13,403 posts, read 20,277,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the topper View Post
It's a surprisingly a slight margin. San Diego got this one over Dallas
In terms of beauty, outdoor activities, and things to do yes.

Old 02-20-2016, 02:47 PM

366 posts, read 273,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
In terms of beauty, outdoor activities, and things to do yes.
I haven't been to Dallas so I can't yet comment on certain stuff, but barring activities related to nature, is there really more to do in San Diego than in Dallas?

Old 02-20-2016, 03:02 PM

414 posts, read 320,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneKane View Post
I haven't been to Dallas so I can't yet comment on certain stuff, but barring activities related to nature, is there really more to do in San Diego than in Dallas?
I'd say the ability to be outside most of the year is pretty significant. Texas homes are big because people often have to spend so much time in air conditioning in the summer (May-Sep) and then heating in the winter (Nov- Feb). Active lifestyles are more common in SD

I think you bring up a good point though. Visiting San Diego is definitely better than Dallas, but I think living in these cities is relatively similar when not including nature/outdoor activities and lifestyles.

However, that is the main reason people move to San Diego, so not including nature/outdoors/weather is pretty pointless.

It's like taking away jobs and the low cost of living from Dallas and saying it is equivalent to San Diego.

Old 02-20-2016, 03:10 PM

196 posts, read 134,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julianpieohmy View Post
I'd say the ability to be outside most of the year is pretty significant. Texas homes are big because people often have to spend so much time in air conditioning in the summer (May-Sep) and then heating in the winter (Nov- Feb). Active lifestyles are more common in SD
Maybe for Northern Texas, but in the southern parts of the state, and along the Gulf Coast, you won't really need Heat at all during winter. In those parts of the state, outdoor activity can occur 365 days as well; the southernmost areas of the state are warm enough year-round to grow coconuts.

Old 02-20-2016, 03:28 PM

414 posts, read 320,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.I.0.N.I.C. View Post
Maybe for Northern Texas, but in the southern parts of the state, and along the Gulf Coast, you won't really need Heat at all during winter. In those parts of the state, outdoor activity can occur 365 days as well; the southernmost areas of the state are warm enough year-round to grow coconuts.
Yes, I was referring to North Texas weather.

Outdoor activities are available in Alaska throughout the year. You are just limited to what those activities are.

Not really the case in San Diego (other than snow, which is driving distance)

Old 02-20-2016, 04:12 PM

366 posts, read 273,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julianpieohmy View Post

I think you bring up a good point though. Visiting San Diego is definitely better than Dallas, but I think living in these cities is relatively similar when not including nature/outdoor activities and lifestyles.

However, that is the main reason people move to San Diego, so not including nature/outdoors/weather is pretty pointless.

It's like taking away jobs and the low cost of living from Dallas and saying it is equivalent to San Diego.
Well according to some, jobs/COL for Dallas will certainly cancel out nature/weather benefits for San Diego. I'm assuming that's why the result of the poll here is not that far off.

That's why I wanted others to compare overall things to do apart from that. Greater Dallas is a lot bigger place, so that in itself makes this interesting.

Old 01-29-2018, 01:13 AM
Status: "Soon I'll hear old winter's song.." (set 14 days ago)

5,391 posts, read 2,845,108 times
Dallas. I'd like to visit SD, but I prefer Texas over California. And I'd prefer Dallas' climate. San Diego wins in mountains and ocean but I also prefer Dallas' vegetation. Also San Diego is too dry for my taste. I like rain and greenery. Also prefer Dallas' skyline. San Diego's is too basic.

Old 01-29-2018, 08:59 AM

5,371 posts, read 7,657,321 times
I enjoyed both. I'd have to day Dallas is better for living while San Diego is better for a visit

Old 01-29-2018, 12:09 PM

15,676 posts, read 3,108,907 times
I choose Dallas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or