Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: East vs. West
East 57 35.19%
West 87 53.70%
Neither 18 11.11%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 05:37 PM

637 posts, read 1,006,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Admit, absolutely.

Please admit or deny that none of the above have ever happened in NYC, Philly, DC, Boston, Atlanta, or Miami.
Don't really have sufficient information to state whether or not it has happened, in addition to it being an off-topic and relevant line of questioning, so I won't answer that question

Quote:
No one is saying that CA is some sort of racial utopia, but your insinuation that we are a powder keg of racial intolerance is just absurd
Ok, so California isn't a racial utopia. That's good to know Thanks for proving my point.

Therefore, the East Coast, South, and Midwest are better.

Quote:
I'm not responding to your requests for admission until after you submit to a mental examination. Consider this a meet and confer.
So you're going to answer serious questions with some poorly worded attempt at humor?

I'll just take all your answers as non-responsive, so we can move this conversation forward.

Quote:
This to-scale comparison of DC and SF should really end all this 'there are no Black people in the Bay Area' nonsense. Its clear that Blacks are very well represented in the urban core of the Bay Area, in fact to a degree that is MUCH higher than Asians in the urban core of DC.
Cool maps, now do NYC and LA and see which one is definitely more segregated.

Why not compare the giants..the populated areas..the cities that really define each coast.

So in this thread, we've seen that

NYC > LA
DC > SF

Until further notice, that's how its going to stand. Real world situations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 05:46 PM

36,623 posts, read 67,123,456 times
I cant really take DC seriously until there are more Asians in its urban core. Sorry.

And Philadephia becomes very white, very quickly in all directions.

I thought the comparison would have been closer, but instead its turned out to be a lopsided victory for the West Coast.

Thanks for playing though. Better luck next time.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:55 PM

As far as Los Angeles and New York, LA is clearly more dominated by minorities at its core. As you can see, minorities are the largest group over a far wider, unbroken mass of the city, whereas in New York there are islands of minority plurality and majority--the prevailing race is still White tho, which is not bad, but this thread is about minorities.

Below is the to-scale maps of LA and NY

WOW@LA

Old 04-23-2012, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I cant really take DC seriously until there are more Asians in its urban core. Sorry.

And Philadephia becomes very white, very quickly in all directions.

I thought the comparison would have been closer, but instead its turned out to be a lopsided victory for the West Coast.

Thanks for playing though. Better luck next time.
And I can't take SF seriously until it has more Blacks by % than the National Average. Sorry.

And outside of SF, it becomes very Mexican, very quickly, if you go east or south. Or north of SF, it becomes even WHITER than anywhere in the Northeast.

Anywhere between Miami and Boston along I-95, there are towns that are full of Blacks and Hispanics Can we say the same for areas north of the Bay Area and Sacramento?

Quote:
As far as Los Angeles and New York, LA is clearly more dominated by minorities at its core. As you can see, minorities are the largest group over a far wider, unbroken mass of the city, whereas in New York there are islands of minority plurality and majority--the prevailing race is still White tho, which is not bad, but this thread is about minorities.

Below is the to-scale maps of LA and NY

WOW@LA
Looks like runaway illegal immigration from Mexico to me....but we already knew that.

Look at the stark contrast between the White, Black, Asian, and Hispanic areas in LA. Christ, do they even have one tract which is mixed?

Old 04-23-2012, 07:39 PM

So anyway, I was looking at the very wealthiest towns in the Bay Area vs DC-Baltimore.

There are 39 towns in the Bay Area that have an average family income of $200,000 or more, and 24 such towns in DC-Baltimore.

Here are the towns from each region where the penetration of racial minorities of the total population is 25% or higher.

Washington DC: 6
Woodmore, MD $203,905 89.5%
Floris, VA $204,368 41.3%
Travilah, MD $293,799 40.3%
Mantua, VA $203,160 29.0%
Potomac, MD $270,499 28.6%
Crosspointe, MD $206,423 25.4%

San Francisco: 12
Norris Canyon, CA $248,737 52.9%
Stanford, CA $216,874 50.1%
Saratoga, CA $229,610 44.1%
Rutherford, CA $265,298 39.4%
Palo Alto, CA $208,153 35.7%
Menlo Park, CA $206,670 35.4%
Hillsborough, CA $347,658 34.8%
Los Altos Hills, CA $353,977 31.9%
Los Altos, CA $227,861 28.9%
Loyola, CA $256,619 28.9%
Blackhawk, CA $241,131 27.9%
Piedmont, CA $248,015 26.0%

Old 04-23-2012, 07:50 PM

Woodmore, Maryland

I wonder if Woodmore is the wealthiest majority Black census place in the country?

Old 04-23-2012, 08:04 PM

11,054 posts, read 16,747,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge Foodie 215 View Post
Don't really have sufficient information to state whether or not it has happened, in addition to it being an off-topic and relevant line of questioning, so I won't answer that question
So, you're saying that you have no idea whether or not a black person has killed an Asian person, or an Asian person has killed a Hispanic person in the whole of NYC's history, but, you're more than happy to weigh in with 100% certainty that it's happened in LA?

Quote:
Ok, so California isn't a racial utopia. That's good to know Thanks for proving my point.

Therefore, the East Coast, South, and Midwest are better.
Wow.

Are we seeing the result of that medication shortage they were talking about on the news?

Old 04-23-2012, 08:11 PM

10,399 posts, read 15,480,729 times
Quote:
From your link

I didn't realize Black and White people were the only races that ever existed in the United States. Way to be honest. Anyways, here's the source of their data:

US2010
http://www.s4.brown.edu/us2010/Data/Report/report2.pdf

Yes, Los Angeles' scores are as follows

Black-White: 65.0 (Rank 14)
Hispanic-White: 63.4 (Rank 1)
Asian-White: 47.6 (Rank 4)

Compare this to, lets say, Washington DC

Black-White: 64.1 (Rank 17)
Hispanic-White: 48.1 (Rank 21)
Asian-White: 36.5 (Rank 28)

By and large, Washington DC, a metro region that used to contain parts of the segregated South 30 years ago, is way less segregated than Los Angeles.

Hell, Washington DC is even less segregated than Oakland:

Black-White: 56.6 (Rank 29)
Hispanic-White: 48.3 (Rank 20)
Asian-White: 42.3 (Rank 14)

Never mind San Francisco:

Hispanic-White: 50.1 (Rank 13)
Asian-White: 46.7 (Rank 7)

LOL! Good job West Coast. You aren't even less segregated than freakin' Washington DC.
Hold up 200 IQ the east coast is more Segregated than the west coast forget about Washington DC.....

Old 04-23-2012, 08:17 PM

10,399 posts, read 15,480,729 times
Quote:
Even though DC metro division is larger than SF MSA, not to mention NYC metro division being almost as large as LA MSA, but lacking a "racial" majority. See, you still think in terms of race, we think in terms of ethnicities. That's how diverse we are out here.

Don't worry. I'll let the 1 million American born people who left California in the past 10 years that you send your regards.

Out here in the East Coast, we tell it like it is: California is increasingly hated by all social groups in American society.

What made this country great was order and everyone doing their part to make the country stronger, but people out there like to pretend they're the leaders when they are not.

Don't worry though, as less and less economic opportunity comes your way, I'll make sure to call my congressmen to let him know how I feel about bailing you guys out, along with millions of other hard working Americans.
CALIFORNIA is a positive Federal Government Income Producing State that mean that CALIFORNIA is supporting The United States of America , and not the other way around.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:29 PM

Quote:
So, you're saying that you have no idea whether or not a black person has killed an Asian person, or an Asian person has killed a Hispanic person in the whole of NYC's history, but, you're more than happy to weigh in with 100% certainty that it's happened in LA?
Already posted VIDEO proof that it has happened. Yes, Mexican gangsters have killed innocent Black people in Los Angeles, and you've admitted that a member of one racial group has killed a member of another racial group in Southern California. Did you or did you not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Hold up 200 IQ the east coast is more Segregated than the west coast forget about Washington DC.....
Do you have proof? No? You don't? That was easy

And Washington DC isn't on the East Coast? Have you ever looked at a map before? LOL! You're right, a city 30 miles from Chesapeake Bay, a direct water inlet to the Atlantic Ocean, isn't the East Coast.

In case you need a reminder:

Washington DC segregation
Black-White: 64.1 (Rank 17)
Hispanic-White: 48.1 (Rank 21)
Asian-White: 36.5 (Rank 28)

Los Angeles segregation
Black-White: 65.0 (Rank 14)
Hispanic-White: 63.4 (Rank 1)
Asian-White: 47.6 (Rank 4)

Oakland segregation
Black-White: 56.6 (Rank 29)
Hispanic-White: 48.3 (Rank 20)
Asian-White: 42.3 (Rank 14)

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City