Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 04:17 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,910,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Kid, think of what you are saying.

if you are comparing all the buildings in both cities why combine them? Does that make sense to you? why don't you think of something first before you jump to attack it. Like it or not but if they had built all those districts together it would have been far far larger than Philly. Philly would look puny next to it, and the most comparable district the poster could have come up with was Chicago.

and yes, 190M sq feet is more than 3 times 45M sq feet.

Why would the poster use a puny example like Philly for the combined skyline comparison when with DT alone it is almost the size of Philly already?

HTOWN not all the 190 million is highrise. not even close. and yes 360 highrises combiuned is pretty close to the 330 combined which is Philly today.

So should I say if all of KOP etc were highrise in the city Philly would look like Chicago - last i checked most are not highrises nor are they in Houston. ARE you really suggesting that the 190 million in Houston reflects highrise sq footage - as you say above, think of what you are saying

Houston as cluster is nothing like Chciago and basically equivelent to Philly.

I guess you stacking suburban office builings or something in the dreamland u reside

I am speaking reality, you are not and is my point yet somehow u continue to justify things that are continually untrue...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2012, 04:20 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,943,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
here's Downtown:

Texas Medical Center:

The Galeria Area (Uptown):

All in one shot:
Awesome pics, I can't believe Kidphilly is adamant in claiming that combining all of those gets you a resulting skyline the size of Philly

and those don't even include Greenway, Greenspoint and the other ones.

Old 04-30-2012, 04:21 PM

252 posts, read 493,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
But this was what I was talking about earlier..... it's taken as different CBD's within ONE city, like L.A. or Houston, or NY, or the other cities already mentioned.

Or am I missing something...?
I guess I read it as what CBDs are doing well (retail, skyscraper development, vibrancy, etc...) even though they have business districts or CBDs nearby. Downtown Minneapolis is impressive considering the fact that downtown St. Paul and the nation's largest mall are 10 miles away. In most cities if one drives 10 miles in any direction, s/he is still well within city limits. The same can't be said about Minneapolis.

Old 04-30-2012, 04:22 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,910,924 times
Quote:
Awesome pics, I can't believe Kidphilly is adamant in claiming that combining all of those gets you a resulting skyline the size of Philly

and those don't even include Greenway, Greenspoint and the other ones.

Why lets facts get in the way of delusion

You are right Houston is bigger than Chicago, not even a match

Old 04-30-2012, 04:23 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,694,435 times
Quote:
Kid, think of what you are saying.

if you are comparing all the buildings in both cities why combine them? Does that make sense to you? why don't you think of something first before you jump to attack it. Like it or not but if they had built all those districts together it would have been far far larger than Philly. Philly would look puny next to it, and the most comparable district the poster could have come up with was Chicago.

and yes, 190M sq feet is more than 3 times 45M sq feet.

Why would the poster use a puny example like Philly for the combined skyline comparison when with DT alone it is almost the size of Philly already?
Why can't you Texans understand what KidPhilly is saying? Is it really that hard for you to comprehend. Philly's downtown is much larger than Houston's and even if you added all of your highrises throughout the city to your downtown Houston would still be more comparable to Philly than Chicago. Chicago blows Houston out of the water. Houston only has 30 more highrises than Philly... so how in the hell would Houston make Philly look puny? That makes no sense. Houston would still be comparable to Philly and Chicago would still blow both out of the water.

'A puny example like Philly'? lol... Philly has a much larger downtown than Houston... accept it. Philly has the third largest downtown in the nation. I know it's hard for you to accept the facts sometimes Htown but literally your exaggerated falsehood opinions are quite funny. You Texans can't accept that anything is better than your state. Texas is the center of the universe!

Old 04-30-2012, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Why lets facts get in the way of delusion

You are right Houston is bigger thqan Chicago, not even a match
LOL, no one said one city was bigger than another. My little cousin has a good reading comprehension teacher, I can give you her number.

Have you noticed that you were the only one so wrong on this, and you are doing it while inserting a plug for Philly.

get over it. Philly's downtown would be three times smaller. FACT!!!!!!

Old 04-30-2012, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summersm343 View Post
Why can't you Texans understand what KidPhilly is saying? Is it really that hard for you to comprehend. Philly's downtown is much larger than Houston's and even if you added all of your highrises throughout the city to your downtown Houston would still be more comparable to Philly than Chicago. Chicago blows Houston out of the water. Houston only has 30 more highrises than Philly... so how in the hell would Houston make Philly look puny? That makes no sense. Houston would still be comparable to Philly and Chicago would still blow both out of the water.

'A puny example like Philly'? lol... Philly has a much larger downtown than Houston... accept it. Philly has the third largest downtown in the nation. I know it's hard for you to accept the facts sometimes Htown but literally your exaggerated falsehood opinions are quite funny. You Texans can't accept that anything is better than your state. Texas is the center of the universe!
because what Kidphilly is saying is not what anyone esle is saying. And no. DT Philly is not so much larger than DT Houston.

Oh wait, you have never been here, no wonder you are making such ridiculous claims.

Old 04-30-2012, 04:28 PM

Quote:
LOL, no one said one city was bigger than another. My little cousin has a good reading comprehension teacher, I can give you her number.

Have you noticed that you were the only one so wrong on this, and you are doing it while inserting a plug for Philly.

get over it. Philly's downtown would be three times smaller. FACT!!!!!!
Since when is 360 three times bigger than 330? Good math... and you say KidPhilly needs to learn something?

Old 04-30-2012, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summersm343 View Post
Since when is 360 three times bigger than 330? Good math... and you say KidPhilly needs to learn something?
I guess you need the Teacher's number too.

read back to page one before you continue embarrassing yourself like Paul has done for the last three pages

Old 04-30-2012, 04:32 PM

Quote:
because what Kidphilly is saying is not what anyone esle is saying. And no. DT Philly is not so much larger than DT Houston.

Oh wait, you have never been here, no wonder you are making such ridiculous claims.
I don't need to go to Houston to know that Philly has a larger downtown. Maybe much larger was an exaggeration but Downtown Houston is 1.8 square miles. Center City Philadelphia is 2.2 square miles... and this is the Vine to South, River to River boundaries not including the Franklintown and Callowhill neighborhoods (another 1.3 square miles) or University City (another 2.2 square miles) which residents consider a part of downtown Philly

Downtown Houston also has a population of 14,000 while Center City Philadelphia has a population of 90,000.

So yes Philly is larger in every single way... even if you added all of Houston's highrises throughout the city to Downtown it would only be slightly larger than Center City and still more comparable to Philly than Chicago
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City