Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 03:12 PM

10,071 posts, read 9,833,597 times

Advertisements

Definitely Baltimore. Most people here dress like crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2012, 10:06 PM

3,671 posts, read 5,840,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
It's all about self-confidence. If you have the mindset that you're good enough, and who cares what other people think, then you'll have no trouble. If, on the other hand, you are too much into thinking what women think about you, then you'll come off as needy. That's a turn-off to women. This is a problem, I know, if you're not around women very often, and you feel that you have limited opportunity to introduce yourself. Thus, I'd advocate that if you're single, you've got to make an effort to be places where you can frequently see women.

A man who doesn't have time or access to be in close proximity to women will usually find himself in a dilemma. Not enough time to make women feel that they know you well enough. Not enough time to prevent you from jumping too soon to meet the women, given the lack of time, so that you often come off looking needy.
Self confidence is defiantly true. But when you start taking more care of yourself, you do it for you. When you start trying to keep yourself up, people defiantly notice. Plus you gain much more self confidence.

Old 05-03-2012, 05:59 AM

6,187 posts, read 11,790,664 times
Atlanta. Girls there like guys with mustaches because it makes them look tough and manly, lol.

Old 05-03-2012, 02:07 PM

11,054 posts, read 16,747,040 times
Mustaches and facial hair has become pretty cool, especially among the more hipstery sets, pretty much everwhere over the last couple years.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:01 AM

4,108 posts, read 10,746,753 times
My question is this?

How come when a woman creates a post about, "How come there are no good men left?" or "Where can I find a man that meets these qualifications?" that people come to her rescue? However, when a man posts about "Where can I find a woman who will understand me?" or "Where can I find a woman that isn't turned off by blue collar types?" that he gets ridiculed or sneered at?

America, we really aren't as "progressive" as we think we are.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:06 AM

24,606 posts, read 55,756,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
My question is this?

How come when a woman creates a post about, "How come there are no good men left?" or "Where can I find a man that meets these qualifications?" that people come to her rescue? However, when a man posts about "Where can I find a woman who will understand me?" or "Where can I find a woman that isn't turned off by blue collar types?" that he gets ridiculed or sneered at?

America, we really aren't as "progressive" as we think we are.
Because there's a double standard and men don't have the same sense of solidarity as the sisters.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:19 AM

1,361 posts, read 3,700,268 times
Look at the quintessential blue collar cities. Philadelphia, Baltimore even NYC in places in Brooklyn come to mind from my personal experience. The dress code for men of all races in Philly is a long scruffy beard and construction Timberlands (regardless if the boots are new or beat up) all year round. Baltimore is just a rough around the edges city that is not pressed over metrosexuality or the latest fashion for the vast majority of its residents. The areas of Brooklyn that aren't gentrified are full of big leather jacket wearing tough guy types who do not wear spandex jeans. Steer clear of DC. DC is full of straight people who shop at the same stores as homosexual men and dudes who wear pink oxford shirts with lime green blazers or tight bright red khakis. Even many people in the hood in DC dress extremely metrosexual. Add to the fact that no one works with with their hands in DC or looks like it.

Last edited by goldenchild08; 05-04-2012 at 11:30 AM..

Old 05-04-2012, 11:23 AM

4,108 posts, read 10,746,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Because there's a double standard and men don't have the same sense of solidarity as the sisters.
Ding ding ding!

Old 05-04-2012, 01:52 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,021,955 times
Probably in cities in northern Georgia.

Old 05-04-2012, 02:23 PM

31,862 posts, read 34,362,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post

http://heartiste.wordpress.com/2011/...e-self-esteem/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City