Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Gang Capital of the United States?
Chicago 157 50.97%
Los Angeles 151 49.03%
Voters: 308. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 12:30 PM

141 posts, read 222,740 times

Advertisements

The thing about the Crips & Bloods when it comes to the gang violence, it isnt just Crips Vs Bloods. From what I've read, there's supposed to be somewhere near 200 different crip gangs and around 100 different bloods gangs in the LA area and both groups are very fragmented. Much of the gang violence is Crip Vs Crip and Blood Vs Blood.

Old 05-14-2012, 01:22 PM

3,569 posts, read 7,197,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianH View Post
The thing about the Crips & Bloods when it comes to the gang violence, it isnt just Crips Vs Bloods. From what I've read, there's supposed to be somewhere near 200 different crip gangs and around 100 different bloods gangs in the LA area and both groups are very fragmented. Much of the gang violence is Crip Vs Crip and Blood Vs Blood.
White people only know Crip and Blood

It's a lot more complicated then shooting at someone wearing red or blue.
Especially in Chicago

Old 05-15-2012, 09:50 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,897,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge Foodie 215 View Post
I don't think its as noticeable as it is in Los Angeles.

Though I think its sort of surprising that the Latin Kings were founded way before the Mexican Mafia was despite the fact Latinos have lived in LA waaaaaay longer than in Chicago.

How do you know what's more noticeable in LA than Chicago?
Have you recently spent time in both in the last few years? I mean residing in both & spending time in active gang areas?

Old 05-15-2012, 03:40 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,160,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Why do I get the sneaky sensation you're trying to turn Chicago's miserably high murder rate into a positive?

"Our gangsters got money, they can afford to kill themselves unlike poor L.A. Latinos. Yeeeeah!!"

You win, I guess.
Eh not at all. I'm thankful I don't have to worry about either in my neighborhood.

But generally speaking you would have to be blind to not notice the plethora of Latino male on Latino male stabbings that happen up and down the state of California.

You just don't see that in Chicago. It's more gun violence. When you turn on the news Saturday morning it is like hearing a war report.

"Sixteen shootings last night- left 5 dead and 11 wounded"

Old 05-16-2012, 09:27 PM

170 posts, read 347,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliSon View Post
Lol you're kidding right? Ross Kemp is an actor as his shows are fake, all you have to look at is the placement of the tv crews camera, how convenient they are at the right angles, on top of that no one seems to acknowledge that the camera man is there, the show is bogus and as real as operation repo
It's no more bogus than your post. The gangs he covers knows the camera is there. And they know he's doing a documentary.

Old 05-17-2012, 02:23 AM

896 posts, read 1,169,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichRollin View Post
It's no more bogus than your post. The gangs he covers knows the camera is there. And they know he's doing a documentary.
Ok genius then explain to me why the camera is already outside with these so called latino gangsters when ross kemp is just arriving to meet them LOL skip to 9:00 and you will see how bogus this is, these guys don't even resemble the hispanic gang members I see in LA

Ross Kemp on Gangs Los Angeles Part 2 - YouTube

Old 05-22-2012, 10:02 AM

6,083 posts, read 10,700,318 times
I cannot believe people have the "Well, we have more gangs than you" attitude. At this point in time, I look at gangs as something of the past (although they still exist). And its silly that some people are proud and want there city to be the gang capital.

I mean, its one thing to state facts and have a conversation about the topic, but who wants their city to be known for crime and violence?

Old 06-14-2012, 03:48 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,566,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge Foodie 215 View Post
I've heard that both of these cities have a huge gang problem, and looking at the Gangland Series, a majority of the episodes are about gangs in either Los Angeles or Chicago.

Which city do you think has a larger gang problem?
Los Angeles fathers teach their sons How to gang bang in that city. Crips & Bloods are the biggest gangs in America next to the silent Ku Klux Klan.

Old 06-14-2012, 06:36 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,272,821 times
A lot of gangs started in Chicago like the Latin Vice Kings or the Young Lords, it's history is extensive. That said, these gangs tend to expand to a higher tier in NYC and LA then tends to increase in size and influence.

Old 06-14-2012, 06:41 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,366,102 times
We are talking LA or Chicago. It's Chicago. Did you hear the national news last night about the gang murder rate in Chicago? Chicago made the news...not Los Angeles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City