Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 05:54 PM

1,242 posts, read 1,934,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAXTOR121 View Post
Combine NYC, SF, Chicago. Basically the flagships of the I-80 corridor. New Chicasisco
lol Loving the name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 07:38 PM

171 posts, read 324,075 times
Vancouver and Honolulu/Waikiki

Vancoululukiki

Old 05-08-2012, 10:56 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,266,405 times
Chicago and San Fran. The prospect gives me goosebumps. San Francisco's unmatched natural setting and iconic bridges meeting Chicago's reputation by some as the greatest architectural city in America (Frank Gehry, Santiago Calatrava, ect.) Or how about Chicago with LA?? Imagine that majestic Skyline with the SG mountains in the background. Also Chicago is way less polluted so you get to enjoy those amazing vistas (not only after it rains!).

"If Chicago had a mediterranean climate it could potentially be the next Rome." - Frank Lloyd Wright

Old 05-09-2012, 10:12 PM

36,881 posts, read 38,781,820 times
Chicago and Miami. Move Chicago down and keep the sprawl minimized by protected wildlife lands and have South Beach and the like the way they are, but have Chicago's enormous and impressive skyline and vast infrastructure migrated down there, but with the lakefront now be the warm sea coast. Augment that with some of the newer high-rise constructions that Miami has (maybe keep Brickell Key as it is) as well as some older Spanish-style and mimo architecture. Due to the aquifer underneath Miami, the el would have to remain the el anyways. They also both share the aspect of being fronted on a large body of water, bisected by a river.

It'd probably be unbeatable.

Old 05-09-2012, 11:18 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,693,095 times
Denver + Boston

Old 05-09-2012, 11:22 PM

9,331 posts, read 9,182,777 times
Boston and Philadelphia, they would completely rule the higher education and medical sectors if they became one.

Old 05-10-2012, 05:49 AM

30 posts, read 129,911 times
2 different hybrids for me.

Chicago/Denver:
- The amazing skyline of Chicago along the waterfront
- The mountains and climate of Denver
- The great theatre, music, and arts scene in Chicago
- The love of sports in both cities, particularly hockey!

Los Angeles/San Francisco:
- Most of this is because I like what LA has to offer, but want the established dense downtown sense that San Fran has throughout most of the city
- Mountains/Beaches within driving distance, arts, sports, restaurants+bars

I like Seattle a lot but can't really think of a good hybrid for it.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:49 AM

1,145 posts, read 2,444,912 times
San Francisco and Vancouver, The Hong Kong of the West

Old 05-10-2012, 12:59 PM

1,047 posts, read 1,546,013 times
Detroit and NYC just because I'm curious what the result would be. Which city would contribute which parts?

Old 05-10-2012, 02:22 PM

546 posts, read 1,170,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu View Post
Detroit and NYC just because I'm curious what the result would be. Which city would contribute which parts?
Detroit contributes:
-Cheap housing prices
-Cheap rentals
-Abundant abandoned buildings/factories/warehouses ripe for converstion to housing
-Moving in cash back/tax credits which the city pays you (meaning you individuals, not just corporations) to move into the city and live there

NYC contributes:
-Low crime
-Strong gentrification
-Urban amenities and public transit

I think Detroit-NYC would be extremely awesome if you ask me. It'd be the ultimate urban experience of NYC with cheap housing, and I know NYC would be almost perfect if it had the cheap housing prices and cheap rentals that Detroit has. We all know how expensive NYC is but having NYC with Detroit's tons of abandoned buildings that can be converted to apartment buildings presents a place for all the hipsters/artists to go to get cheap housing would be an urban paradise. Being paid or having tax credits to move into the city and live there also would be great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City