Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Los Angeles vs. San Francisco
Los Angeles 132 38.26%
San Francisco 213 61.74%
Voters: 345. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 03:30 PM

1,119 posts, read 2,741,128 times

Advertisements

Oprah purchased a mansion in Montecito a few years ago since many of her Hollywood pals live close by and she also loves to host parties. However, her primary residence is still in Chicago. This guy donjuan should have watched one of the espisodes, which she claimed Chicago will always be the 1st place she calls home.

Whether she lives in LA or Chicago, Hollywood celebs all have to come to Chicago to appear on her show.

btw who cares where the Celebs live except those who make minimum wages but always obssess with Hollywood lifestyles

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
LA County Sheriff, not LAPD. Plenty of people talk about Chicago. The only people that talk about LA are the people on VH1 or Entertainment Tonight. Some educated professionals those are!

You are on something. So, you're saying because Oprah lives in Santa Barbara, it's best? Yeah, dream on. Santa Barbara is VERY far from LA, by the way.

Old 09-20-2007, 03:45 PM

234 posts, read 1,157,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
First off, I chose SF, I didnt bash LA, what part of that dont you understand???? Take a nice little stroll to the first page and read my response. I said SF, IMO (<--- key words!!!!!), is a better city than LA. So what? Do you really care that much? Secondly, it was donjuan that bashed Chicago immediately following my post. THATS when I started bashing LA. Thirdly, I never said that YOU bashed Chicago, I said the "little LA goons" did. Capeesh? Good frickin night.

lol stop lieing, on other boards you and futurecop are always bashing LA. hey i seen ur pics in the chicago board and i said i liked them alot. u guys are the haters, i just speak the truth.

Old 09-20-2007, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beone View Post
That is WRONG, WRONG, WRONG! I have been all over the world...well all over Europe. Europeans are fascinated when I mention I'm from San Francisco. They say "wow" and ask tons of questions! No one ever asks anything about LA. You are gravely mistaken - LA's world image is STRICTLY limited to Hollywood. If LA didn't have Hollywood, it would be nothing.

And, I hear languages from all over the world here too. And, there are flocks of tourists on the Golden Gate Bridge (and on both sides), there are flocks of tourists in Pac Heights, I see them in the Castro.

More people may come to LA, but SF is one of the most beloved cities in the U.S. LA is certainly NOT!

san fran has 15 million tourist a year, while LA has 57 tourist a year.

you=

Old 09-20-2007, 03:49 PM

705 posts, read 3,297,061 times
Quote:
I'm really not even going to argue with you.
"We're crazy about this city. First time we came here, we walked the streets all day, all over town and nobody hassled us. People smiled, friendly-like, and we knew we could live here. We'd like to keep our place in Greenwich Village and have an apartment here, God and the Immigration Service willing. Los Angeles? That's just a big parking lot where you buy a hamburger for the trip to San Francisco." - John Lennon (with Yoko, when asked how they are enjoying their visit and if they would consider living in LA)

"Isn't it nice that people who prefer Los Angeles to San Francisco live there?" - Herb Caen
I dont want to argue with you either. I like San Francisco. Last time I visited was a month ago. One thing I will say is that San Francisco has been able to keep and maintain its beauty because of high living costs. This doesnt allow many lower class people to live there. When I visit San Francisco the majority of people there are white. Everybody else lives outside, like in Oakland. Look at Oakland, its very "ghetto".
Los Angeles is facing what New York was facing(and is still facing but not to the extent of Los Angeles) in the early 20th century and that is large immigration. The majority of them being from south of the border and almost all of them being of poor backgrounds. Im not trying to be racist but they are one of the main reasons of why Los Angeles has many "ghetto" neighborhoods. Im not saying that Latinos are the cause for bad neighborhoods in Los Angeles but what I am saying is that since these people are immigrants and not citizens or some not even residents the city doesnt put much attention to them and thus it leads to neighborhoods not being renovated, poor street cleaning, and poor maintenance of the roads. This has been the case recently, BUT! Los Angeles is now renovating MANY of these neighborhoods and trying to restore them with new homes, apartments, shopping centers so who knows what Los Angeles will look like 10 years from now. San Francisco doesnt have the problems that Los Angeles has because 1. Its not near the border! and 2. It has had high living costs for a very long time. Remember, San Francisco became a major city before Los Angeles did. As much as I like San Francisco and I would defend it amongst other cities, Los Angeles has a higher image nowadays.

(Ive seen your quotes many times, it doesnt mean anything. I have a lot of quotes of celebrities expressing their love towards Los Angeles but I dont post them because they really dont mean much.)

Old 09-20-2007, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Lord, please get this dude an English tutor.

lol what u expect from someone from the hood. our school had the lowest test scores in the nation

Old 09-20-2007, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtown1 View Post
Oprah purchased a mansion in Montecito a few years ago since many of her Hollywood pals live close by and she also loves to host parties. However, her primary residence is still in Chicago. This guy donjuan should have watched one of the espisodes, which she claimed Chicago will always be the 1st place she calls home.

Whether she lives in LA or Chicago, Hollywood celebs all have to come to Chicago to appear on her show.

btw who cares where the Celebs live except those who make minimum wages but always obssess with Hollywood lifestyles
please stop being a homer, everyone knows oprah real home is in santa barbara where she spends most of her time at. she has a apartment in chicago but a $50 million masion in santa barbara

Old 09-20-2007, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurekRZA View Post
I dont want to argue with you either. I like San Francisco. Last time I visited was a month ago. One thing I will say is that San Francisco has been able to keep and maintain its beauty because of high living costs. This doesnt allow many lower class people to live there. When I visit San Francisco the majority of people there are white. Everybody else lives outside, like in Oakland. Look at Oakland, its very "ghetto".
Los Angeles is facing what New York was facing(and is still facing but not to the extent of Los Angeles) in the early 20th century and that is large immigration. The majority of them being from south of the border and almost all of them being of poor backgrounds. Im not trying to be racist but they are one of the main reasons of why Los Angeles has many "ghetto" neighborhoods. Im not saying that Latinos are the cause for bad neighborhoods in Los Angeles but what I am saying is that since these people are immigrants and not citizens or some not even residents the city doesnt put much attention to them and thus it leads to neighborhoods not being renovated, poor street cleaning, and poor maintenance of the roads. This has been the case recently, BUT! Los Angeles is now renovating MANY of these neighborhoods and trying to restore them with new homes, apartments, shopping centers so who knows what Los Angeles will look like 10 years from now. San Francisco doesnt have the problems that Los Angeles has because 1. Its not near the border! and 2. It has had high living costs for a very long time. Remember, San Francisco became a major city before Los Angeles did. As much as I like San Francisco and I would defend it amongst other cities, Los Angeles has a higher image nowadays.

(Ive seen your quotes many times, it doesnt mean anything. I have a lot of quotes of celebrities expressing their love towards Los Angeles but I dont post them because they really dont mean much.)

true true and another thing San Fran in 1930 had 600,000+ people living there and now it's 700,000+, while LA jumped 2,000,000+

Old 09-20-2007, 04:09 PM

374 posts, read 1,852,020 times
Quote:
I love the scenery of LA. LOVE IT. But I do not like the actual city.
Ok, I LOVE LOVE LOVE West LA. Could totally live in Santa Monica, Brentwood, Westwood, and Bev Hills and West Hollywood (even though they are their own cities).

Old 09-20-2007, 04:11 PM

1,287 posts, read 5,023,638 times
Quote:
Ok, I LOVE LOVE LOVE West LA. Could totally live in Santa Monica, Brentwood, Westwood, and Bev Hills and West Hollywood (even though they are their own cities).
No honey. Santa Monica, Beverly Hills and West Hollywood are their own cities.

Brentwood and Westwood are city of LA. Let's keep our facts straight.

Old 09-20-2007, 04:14 PM

374 posts, read 1,852,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donjuan View Post
san fran has 15 million tourist a year, while LA has 57 tourist a year.

you=
Where are you getting THAT data from? I'm just curious! LA does have a lot to offer, and you have no flippin' idea how excited I was before I visited LA the first time.... I was obsessed with LA prior to my first visit and wanted to move there. One week there changed that...as it's not for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City