Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Los Angeles vs. San Francisco
Los Angeles 132 38.26%
San Francisco 213 61.74%
Voters: 345. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 11:35 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,180,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
Oh man, I can totally agree with that. I was out after the Blackhawks won, the next Friday, and there was an estimated 4 million people in downtown Chicago. Freakin city is only home to 2.8 million! (those suburbanites, crowding up our streets!) Just for the Blackhawks parade, it was nuts because I don't remember seeing so many Blackhawks fans before!!! So bizarre, LOL.

Traffic was a pain that day... and even today, there are flags and Blackhawks stuff all over downtown. (I took 537 pictures of Downtown Chicago in the last 48 hours- slowly starting to upload one at a time on CD) The city went nuts! I can only imagine how Los Angeles is right now!

I called it, and so did you! Lakers in 7!
Lol, yessir!

Old 06-17-2010, 11:36 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,321,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
I just wanna say LAKERS!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOO. CONGRATS TO THE LAKERS. KOBE HAS RING NUMBER 5!!!
^^^This, but I feel Artest deserved it more.

Old 06-17-2010, 11:37 PM

Lmao! I just saw that car on fire on SportsCenter. WTF! that looks like something from the Watts Riots!

Old 06-17-2010, 11:38 PM

Ron Artest and Lamar Odom = both from Queensbridge Housing Projects in Queens, NY. These 2 men have made it a longggg way, I'm proud of both of them especially Artest for saying "shoutout to everyone in my hood". Respect!

Old 06-17-2010, 11:40 PM

2,684 posts, read 7,379,593 times
Man..all my favorite hangout spots are PACKED full of people. It's ok anyways, I'm poor LOL! There's always tomorrow night.

Apparently, people forgot they work on Friday. Surprisingly enough, I see a lot of cars with the US flag (playing tomorrow against Slovenia), Mexican flag (they won against France today), and the Laker flag. This weekend is going to be nuts.

To all LA posters here. I hope to see you there! And hopefully not in handcuffs!

And as Snoop Dogg says in this song:

YouTube - Katy Perry - California Gurls (feat. Snoop Dogg) (Lyric...

KATY PERRY - CALIFORNIA GURLS LYRICS
Quote:
I love the Bay
Just like I love LA

Both legit areas. Just that for this weekend, its LA's turn to shine! WHOO!!!

Old 06-17-2010, 11:46 PM

LA sports are looking pretty good right now, the Lakers just won the Championship, the Dodgers are back in first place in their division, the Kings made it to the NHL playoffs. I believe the Angels are in first in their division as well, and can't forget about the Ducks making the NHL playoffs as well, not bad LA, not bad.

Old 06-17-2010, 11:48 PM

2,684 posts, read 7,379,593 times
To represent my area of LA, here's Jordan Farmar out of Tarzana, CA!

He went to Middle School with my brother (went to Portola MS), and Taft High School (where a bunch of my friends went), then went to UCLA. Repping the LA home team. WHOO! In fact, he's probably the only person from within the City of LA on this current Lakers roster.

LAPD is shutting down all of Downtown LA right now. Good work, LAPD (never thought I'd say that!). It's much quieter there than it was last year. That's for sure.

Old 06-17-2010, 11:51 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,321,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshadower View Post
Man..all my favorite hangout spots are PACKED full of people. It's ok anyways, I'm poor LOL! There's always tomorrow night.

Apparently, people forgot they work on Friday. Surprisingly enough, I see a lot of cars with the US flag (playing tomorrow against Slovenia), Mexican flag (they won against France today), and the Laker flag. This weekend is going to be nuts.

To all LA posters here. I hope to see you there! And hopefully not in handcuffs!

And as Snoop Dogg says in this song:

YouTube - Katy Perry - California Gurls (feat. Snoop Dogg) (Lyric...

KATY PERRY - CALIFORNIA GURLS LYRICS
[/i]

Both legit areas. Just that for this weekend, its LA's turn to shine! WHOO!!!
That's my song.

Queens is in the building, the Lakers have a lot of Queens (and Brooklyn) fans, my timeline (twitter) was blown up with Lakers fans, the Celtics fans were on mute though. They were the loudest ones before lol.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:02 AM

I was on twitter just browsing the other day and came upon some New Yorkers tweeting "Let's go Boston!".....are you serious?! Rule #1 in NY Sports rulebook = Never ever root for a Boston or a Philadelphia team. If your from New York and you root for a Boston team, consider yourself no longer a New Yorker, thats total betrayal. Being from NY and rooting for Boston or Philly is like being a Crip and rooting for a Blood to beat up one of your Crip homies.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:04 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,923,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
^^^This, but I feel Artest deserved it more.
Son, You don't know how happy I am for Ron Artest. He's from YOUR borough. I'm so happy for him. He came through, he scored 20, and hit that HUGE 3 pointer. Ron came through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City