U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Los Angeles vs. San Francisco
Los Angeles 132 38.26%
San Francisco 213 61.74%
Voters: 345. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 12:43 AM

14,006 posts, read 21,961,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshadower View Post
Let me just say something for this thread;

I think most of the Californian posters will agree with me, but no matter where we are from in California, we stick up for each other and appreciate the differences between NorCal and SoCal. As an LA resident who used to live up in the Bay Area for college and now back in LA, I have to say

I find that more and more, the LA-SF rivalry is becoming more and more irrelevant. Most people I have met in my generation love both places. They both make up part of the great California whole. Even on this forum, most of the California posters respect each other. That's truly awesome.

Now, if we got a state government that was as cohesive as the people, then we wouldn't be in this mess anymore. California love!

Today, its Purple and Gold love! However, LA has become eerily quiet now. LAPD and LA Sheriff cleared the streets really quickly. Tomorrow will be a different story!

Dude, you can make the trip here. This weekend is when the party will really start. People were already riled up from the Mexico win. Laker win. If the US wins tomorrow...wow.

YOU CAN NOT BEAT LA!

Again, good job to Law Enforcement for bringing peace!
I simply envy you SoCal boyz.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:43 AM

3,732 posts, read 6,894,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshadower View Post
Even though I'm not the hugest Yankee fan in the world (in fact, I'm the opposite), seeing Boston lose is so much more important to me. I remembered when I was living in NYC, a bunch of Red Sox fans invaded the subway and started annoying the hell out of me (you know, picking fights, being drunk, showing the finest features of humanity). I kept saying I was a tourist from CA, and they believed me (since I don't have the accent or NY mannerisms), but man they were loud..obnoxious..generally rowdy group of people.

I'm sure Red Sox fans will say the same about Yankee fans. But I was just trying to live my life as a 14 year old kid. LOL!

Well, to be fair, most of those people were band wagoning (or appeal to the obvious jock love side of Kobe Bryant). LOL! Anyone who knows basketball history would know that Boston is the one team that has won more than the Lakers. In fact, we're still down 9-3 in total. That's fine, we'll even up the score soon

Like I said, most of the anti-Lakers and anti-Dodger sentiment that I see is from Orange County. THEN the Bay Area. Like when the Dodgers lost to the Angels 3 games in a row, my friend from Anaheim was laughing at me. Then I reminded her "hey, you're right. The Dodgers suck so much they should make a movie about them about how they need help outside forces in order to win.." That conversation quickly ended
You should've punched em in the face, Boston fans talk a lot but they'll shutup when you get physical lmao.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:47 AM

11,294 posts, read 16,397,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
You should've punched em in the face, Boston fans talk a lot but they'll shutup when you get physical lmao.
Lmfao.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:48 AM

14,006 posts, read 21,961,418 times
Quote:
Boston just recently got on a little hot streak with sports, but before then they had some of the worst teams in the country. You don't know how fun it used to be going to Yankees Red Sox games in the Bronx shouting "1918!" the last World Series they won before 2004.
Yeah, Boston sports have been put on small, tiny, little, halt for the last couple of years now. The Red Sox haven't won since 07? The Pats since 05. The Celtics since 08. The Bruins gave up that 3-0 series lead to the Flyers this year I think? So Boston sports have been on a small downfall for the last couple of years.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:51 AM

< LMFAO @ the Pierce wheelchair shirt
http://images.dailyradar.com/media/uploads/ballhype/story_preview/2010/01/24/buck_foston_shirt.jpg (broken link)

Old 06-18-2010, 12:53 AM

Whats funny is Paul Pierce is from Inglewood.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Yeah, Boston sports have been put on small, tiny, little, halt for the last couple of years now. The Red Sox haven't won since 07? The Pats since 05. The Celtics since 08. The Bruins gave up that 3-0 series lead to the Flyers this year I think? So Boston sports have been on a small downfall for the last couple of years.
Yeah they have been on a downfall, and that was this year that they gave up a 3-0 lead.

Old 06-18-2010, 03:48 AM

1,248 posts, read 2,278,707 times
As a long time California resident, I would say that I'd live in either LA or San Francisco. Although SF is more expensive than LA is. Both cities have so much to see and do. They are both world class cities. I actually would like to see the San Francisco Giants do well and get in the playoffs this year. However, in terms of success in professional sports, LA is the clear winner. SF gets praise from me for its climate and public transportation. I am not saying LA weather is bad its just that SF is more comfortable especially in the summer. There are nice and not so nice people in both cities. What can I say about the Lakers victory last night! Great job and it will give CA residents something to really cheer about considering what the state is having to deal with.

Last edited by AliveandWell; 06-18-2010 at 03:50 AM.. Reason: add more text

Old 06-18-2010, 10:34 AM

902 posts, read 2,370,066 times
Quote:
Lol @ people from NorCal rooting for Boston, thats horrible man. I guess when you have a team like the Golden State Warriors, it can get a little depressing at times. I won't get into it though, because I root for the Knicks & Nets lmao. I root for Florida teams as well, but I'm definitely a die hard NY fan.
LOL at people from NorCal rooting for Boston. Do you mind telling me why people in NorCal should be rooting for LA????????????

I am from NorCal and I was rooting for Boston. I hate the Lakers with a passion and their bandwagon fans. It is disgusting to see all the Lakers fans in the Bay Area imo. If you are a Warriors fan you have no business rooting for the Lakers, that is the one team that you should be trying to see lose.

Old 06-18-2010, 10:56 AM

705 posts, read 1,402,622 times
I am from the bay area and happy they won, we gotta keep it real in california
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or