Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 04:53 PM

1,242 posts, read 1,946,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy205 View Post
Where is that?
It's not anywhere near LA or in California for that matter, there is a Whataburger in that pic. Maybe NM, West Texas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 04:59 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,458,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB8abovetherim View Post
It's not anywhere near LA or in California for that matter, there is a Whataburger in that pic. Maybe NM, West Texas?
The url link of the photo has El Paso in the name.

Old 05-08-2012, 05:11 PM

1,242 posts, read 1,946,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
The url link of the photo has El Paso in the name.
lol really? I'm IN El Paso right now and will be for another 302 days, I wonder where that is?! And for the record, the westside of El Paso does look like that but the Eastside is surprisingly more dense. If I were to compare it to any other city I'd say maybe Riverside, CA but without as many trees.

Old 05-08-2012, 05:36 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,361,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
That's exactly what happened! Georgia's forefathers expected Savannah because it was the port city to become the great big city of Georgia. Thus they designed Savannah with a grid system lots and lots of squares and boulevards, and closely built tall multistory houses together. There were grand ornate buildings built and so forth.

Atlanta on the other hand was a dusty little outpost of a railroad town with no major waterways and this was back before most people foresaw the rail road becoming such a hugely important mode of transportation. It's streets were slapped together narrowly and beyond the center they quickly became meandering trails following old Indian trails or creeks. When an explosion in growth came because Atlanta happened to be in the perfect spot to link the rail roads of the North with those to the South it caught everyone off guard. The cities' urban areas grew in and amongst already existing surburban areas and it was too late to apply a grid street system where spoke and wheel type development was already going on.
Imagine. Paula Deen would be even richer!

(I have yet to see Savannah. I think I would like it).

Old 05-08-2012, 05:38 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,569,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Chaser View Post
This isn't to knock a city I just want know your opinions.

Atlanta without a doubt. It's not even close.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:27 PM

6,540 posts, read 12,037,130 times
Atlanta, since LA is the American Tokyo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City