Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 12:40 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,979,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtutaaa View Post
Rowan University has two medical schools in Camden county N.J. ,one in Camden which is one subway stop from Center City and the other in Statford N.J. I chose to use the words Philadelphia region which includes Mercer county N.J. . The term msa and csa are recent inventions of the Census Bureau which is a very narrow definition mostly used by government to appropriate federal funds . So in the term Philadelphia region ,yes Princeton is included .
Childrens and Penn both have outpatient facilities in Ocean and Mercer counties .
Again - no.

Anyway, this is all irrelevant because Princeton, NEW JERSEY is in neither Philly nor NYC's downtowns, same with anywhere else in Mercer or Ocean Counties. I find we in NJ have to remind our lovely neighbor city residents across the rivers of this when they attempt to use us (as they please, also discard us as they please) for bragging rights - the coast, Princeton University, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 08:37 AM

1,642 posts, read 1,398,044 times
Quote:
If any body has a inferiority complex , it should be you. Philadelphia is a great place to live and work and great things a happening here . University of Penn has developed cures for blood cancer and doing cellu
lar engineering to combat disease and genetic mutations . Children' s Hospital of Philadelphia is the world's leader in finding cures for childhood disease . Twenty percent of all Doctors in the U.S. get there training from the 7 medical schools in Philadelphia . Over 120 colleges and universities in the Philadelphia region including two ivy league schools. World class art museum ect. So what is Tennessee doing that so great ?
Twenty percent of all doctors get their training in Philadelphia? That can't possibly be correct.

Old 04-27-2015, 08:40 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,895,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_General View Post
Twenty percent of all doctors get their training in Philadelphia? That can't possibly be correct.
I believe is one in seven actually so closer to 14% actually

Old 04-27-2015, 08:53 AM

2,598 posts, read 4,923,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Is there a link to this information somewhere? My son-in-law is a doctor, and didn't go near Philadelphia. Nor, did any of his MD friends.

Old 04-27-2015, 09:03 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,330,601 times
Quote:
That's still pretty impressive, though, if true.

Old 04-27-2015, 09:27 AM

1,642 posts, read 1,398,044 times
Quote:
It's impressive, but what is considered trained? Educated there? Residency there?

Old 04-27-2015, 09:51 AM

10,078 posts, read 15,847,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RightonWalnut View Post
I think I would put DC, Boston and Seattle before LA, Miami and Houston. Downtown LA is certainly booming right now though for sure.
In my experience DTLA and downtown Boston are about the same size. Boston's is a lot nicer though. Not sure which city has more residents, if you count Back Bay then Boston would probably get the edge.

Old 04-28-2015, 06:57 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,754,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
I think he meant Princeton which is 25 minutes up 95, but we really don't need to start this debate of what Mercer County is more connected too because it has nothing to do with the OP's question.

Sick picture of Toronto above.
Yes, he probably is including Princeton. But Mercer Co is not part of of the Philly metro area. The only NJ counties that are are Camden, Burlington and Gloucester.

Old 04-28-2015, 07:03 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,754,352 times
Quote:
Rowan University has two medical schools in Camden county N.J. ,one in Camden which is one subway stop from Center City and the other in Statford N.J. I chose to use the words Philadelphia region which includes Mercer county N.J. . The term msa and csa are recent inventions of the Census Bureau which is a very narrow definition mostly used by government to appropriate federal funds . So in the term Philadelphia region ,yes Princeton is included .
Childrens and Penn both have outpatient facilities in Ocean and Mercer counties .
Truthfully, I was talking about med schools that are within Phila. city borders. Not Philly metro.

Old 04-28-2015, 07:57 AM

370 posts, read 543,720 times
Has anyone actually posted a list of downtowns by population in this thread? I'd be curious to see where each city stands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City