U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Which city is better?
Los Angeles 31 36.47%
Chicago 54 63.53%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-21-2007, 09:09 AM
 
Location: San Diego
84 posts, read 57,929 times
Reputation: 15

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
Have you been to the Northside of Chicago? It's stunning to go out of the Loop and into the neighborhoods of the Northside.
Have you been to the southside, southwestside, or westside, inner-city, and the endless sprawl outside of that? You can find the Loop in any major city. Try NYC.

 
Old 09-21-2007, 09:14 AM
 
Location: San Diego
84 posts, read 57,929 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Thanks for joining in. I think these Angelinos need to spend a little time outside of L.A. Thats if they can unglue themselves from Entertainment Tonight and catching up on what celebrity is dating who or what celebrity is wearing what.
Once again! A true LA basher has captured the essense of the people of LA. Beautiful. Trully!

Maybe the people from Chicago can unglue themselves from watching white trash Jerry Springer. We all know how long that show has been supported by your city. Maybe you should read the Jungle sometime, before you go and around letting false notions fly about the origins of your city. LA may have issues, but it's history is far less bloody
 
Old 09-21-2007, 09:17 AM
 
Location: Phoenix metro
20,005 posts, read 67,942,110 times
Reputation: 10048
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarshield View Post
Here come the LA haters, true to form. Well at least you guys are consistent.

We all know that Chicago is really great and all. But can you please explain then why LA is continuing to grow and at a rate that Chicago could never touch. My mother is a real estate agent for San Diego, but does a great deal of work in LA metro. For everyone of those homes that are going for sale in the 'Great LA Exodus' there are two families that are outbidding each other to get them. I doubt you see that in Chicago.

You see, you Chicago lovers miss the point. For Chicago's size, and the rate that it has grown, your city should have very little problems.

LA has never stopped growing! EVER! LA is still growing believe it or not. The city has had to cope with problems while it is still growing. Chicago lost more people than it gained last year. Why can't you solve your problems?!

Chicago has consitently grown too. But we dont need 2.8 million illegals, like L.A., to make our population look huge. In fact, several suburbs of Chicago are in the top 50 fastest growing suburbs. There are more condos/residences being built in downtown Chicago than probably all the projects in CA combined. You look across the skyline and there is nothing but cranes putting up high-rise condos for people that, you guessed it, WANT to live there, including Trumps building.

Urban Photos: Black and White City Stock, Skyline, and Aerial Photography: Chicago

Urban Photos: Black and White City Stock, Skyline, and Aerial Photography: Chicago

Urban Photos: Black and White City Stock, Skyline, and Aerial Photography: Chicago

Urban Photos: Black and White City Stock, Skyline, and Aerial Photography: Chicago
 
Old 09-21-2007, 09:22 AM
 
Location: Phoenix metro
20,005 posts, read 67,942,110 times
Reputation: 10048
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarshield View Post
Once again! A true LA basher has captured the essense of the people of LA. Beautiful. Trully!
Obviously I cant generalize a whole cities' population, but the Angelinos who are on this site cant get over L.A. and how its full of celebrities, etc. Thats all they spew, you cant deny that. So yes, until Angelinos can wake up and realize that Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton do not make a great city, I will continue to respond to their nonsense.
 
Old 09-21-2007, 09:23 AM
 
Location: San Diego
84 posts, read 57,929 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Chicago has consitently grown too. But we dont need 2.8 million illegals, like L.A., to make our population look huge. In fact, several suburbs of Chicago are in the top 50 fastest growing suburbs. There are more condos/residences being built in downtown Chicago than probably all the projects in CA combined. You look across the skyline and there is nothing but cranes putting up high-rise condos for people that, you guessed it, WANT to live there, including Trumps building.

Urban Photos: Black and White City Stock, Skyline, and Aerial Photography: Chicago

Urban Photos: Black and White City Stock, Skyline, and Aerial Photography: Chicago

Urban Photos: Black and White City Stock, Skyline, and Aerial Photography: Chicago

Urban Photos: Black and White City Stock, Skyline, and Aerial Photography: Chicago

Well my goodness! Donald Trump wants to finally build in Chicago. WOW! He has been in S. Cali for years. But congrats. It just shows that the midwest is indeed years behind the West.

Umm. Don't think that ilegals are considered in the census total. But I'll just let you have your dillusions. I'm sure every illegal can afford the avergae S. Cali home price of almost a half a million dollars. Chump change to them, huh!

Suburbs! LOL!! I thought this was a city thread! But since you brought them up then I guess I'll go with that. LA suburbs are so much better than Chicago's. I have been to Chicago's supreme western suburbs, and not a one of them could stand against most of LA's. This is rediculous. San Diego and LA don't need to bring their suburbs into the mix to say they are great. Looks like Chicago needs the extra help from it's little cookie cutter houses outside of that. LOL!
 
Old 09-21-2007, 09:24 AM
 
Location: San Diego
84 posts, read 57,929 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Obviously I cant generalize a whole cities' population, but the Angelinos who are on this site cant get over L.A. and how its full of celebrities, etc. Thats all they spew, you cant deny that. So yes, until Angelinos can wake up and realize that Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton do not make a great city, I will continue to respond to their nonsense.
And untill Chicago can stop supporting Jerry Springer than we wll continue to attack your insane arguments. I would rather hang with Lindsay, than Jerry. Come to think of it. What shows that are Chicago based,(besides Oprah, because she lives in and loves Cali) is really that great?
 
Old 09-21-2007, 09:27 AM
 
Location: San Diego
84 posts, read 57,929 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Obviously I cant generalize a whole cities' population, but the Angelinos who are on this site cant get over L.A. and how its full of celebrities, etc. Thats all they spew, you cant deny that. So yes, until Angelinos can wake up and realize that Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton do not make a great city, I will continue to respond to their nonsense.
Interesting that you didn't quote all of what I said. That's right. A little muckraker can really make the city look like trash. Chicago has tons to hide. LA doesn't.
 
Old 09-21-2007, 09:27 AM
 
Location: Phoenix metro
20,005 posts, read 67,942,110 times
Reputation: 10048
Are you talking?

Chicago has FINE suburbs, among them are the wealthiest in the nation (even more than most CA burbs): Kenilworth, Naperville, Geneva, St. Charles, Lake Forest, Burr Ridge, Barrington, Barrington Hills, Winnetka, Hinsdale, etc, etc.
 
Old 09-21-2007, 09:29 AM
 
Location: San Diego
84 posts, read 57,929 times
Reputation: 15
LOLOLOLOL!!! I think I am going to cry! You are going to put those guys againsts LA's or San Diego's. I won't even go there. Check out a per capita income of LA burbs against Chicago's. The numbers don't lie!
 
Old 09-21-2007, 09:30 AM
 
Location: Phoenix metro
20,005 posts, read 67,942,110 times
Reputation: 10048
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarshield View Post
And untill Chicago can stop supporting Jerry Springer than we wll continue to attack your insane arguments. I would rather hang with Lindsay, than Jerry. Come to think of it. What shows that are Chicago based,(besides Oprah, because she lives in and loves Cali) is really that great?
Jerry Springer doesnt drive drunk and put peoples' lives in danger nor does he need drug rehab, like 1/2 of L.A's celebrities do. Who would you rather hang with? Oprah lives in Chicago, she just has a VACATION home in L.A. for the times when she wants to escape the urban downtown core that is Chicago because she knows she wont find it in L.A.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top