Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is better?
Los Angeles 31 36.47%
Chicago 54 63.53%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 03:17 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,471,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealAngelion View Post
Your source is not reliable. It's a joke.

The Forbes list is reliable.

America's 30 Most Visited Cities | ForbesTraveler.com (http://www.forbestraveler.com/2007/07/07072701_story_2.html - broken link)
You don't give up, do you? Forbes is a joke. They are not a travel research company. DK Shifflet & Associates is a travel reseacrh company... An accredited one at that.

Old 09-20-2007, 04:48 PM

1,287 posts, read 5,011,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
You don't give up, do you? Forbes is a joke. They are not a travel research company. DK Shifflet & Associates is a travel reseacrh company... An accredited one at that.
I never give up? Count the number of posts from me (or anyone else for the matter) vs. from you, and you clearly win in the "never give up" department. LOL

DK Shifflet & Associates--an obscure, no name company that was pulled out of a hat, has gotten more free advertising from you and downtown1 then it probably has received in its entire history.

Old 09-20-2007, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonofillfaith View Post
Why do all of these type of threads end up bashing L.A.?

There are a few regulars who are quite well known without being mentioned by name who are absolutely obsessed with LA, in a very jealous and envious sort of way. Any and every thread about LA they will not only be among the first to post a response, but usually post the most repsonses.

It just goes to show and reinforce the level of influence, dominance and greatness of LA that it would be so discussed, debated, praised, and ridiculed on a daily basis on City Data. People don't spend this much time talking about city's that are irrelevant and boring.

All of the bashing is sort of a back handed compliment. It shows that people are really drawn to and captivated by the place whether they profess to like it or not.

Old 09-20-2007, 05:07 PM

960 posts, read 1,675,542 times
Quote:
There are a few regulars who are quite well known without being mentioned by name who are absolutely obsessed with LA, in a very jealous and envious sort of way. Any and every thread about LA they will not only be among the first to post a response, but usually post the most repsonses.

It just goes to show and reinforce the level of influence, dominance and greatness of LA that it would be so discussed, debated, praised, and ridiculed on a daily basis on City Data. People don't spend this much time talking about city's that are irrelevant and boring.

All of the bashing is sort of a back handed compliment. It shows that people are really drawn to and captivated by the place whether they profess to like it or not.

Lots of people like to talk about crime, but does that make it good?

Old 09-20-2007, 05:07 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,124,059 times
Quote:

This thread started off as being completely professional, wouldnt you agree? I know youre aiming part of your response at me, which is fine, but once again, it was the LA folks who popped on here and had to start making rediculously dumb remarks that are A) untrue B) meant to flame and C) do exactly what YOU claim LA-haters are doing. You need to actually READ these posts and get to the root of the problem before you go dismissing it as "people who are jealous () of LA" coming on here and hating. Lets go back and see where it all started on this thread. Got something to say now?

donjuan said:"hahha thats true LA is the most hated city but still it gets the most tourist and all the famous people want to live. LA is known all over the world unlike chicago. my vote is for LA. there is nothing i want to see in chicago period, nothing comes to mind. hey im being honest. what is there to see there? lake michigan. if that lake is not in chicago then close enough, bcuz i can care less. i dont care about those great lakes when i can see the pacific ocean."

Really, is it necessary to say Chicago is known for nothing? haha I know most dismiss those kind of retarded comments as, well, retarded, but once again the beehive was disturbed by, GASP!, one of your own LA lovers.

Old 09-20-2007, 05:08 PM

374 posts, read 1,849,316 times
Quote:

True for some, not true for others. Although I much prefer SF, there is a lot to like and dislike about both LA and SF. Both aren't the cleanest cities in the world, and both have their share of crazies...but both have a lot to offer too. I'm telling you - some days when it's 56 and foggy here and I look on the weather and see it's 75 and sunny in LA, I think about heading out...but SF is so beautiful to me.

I heard a great quote about LA once. I can't quote exactly, but it was to the effect of:

When's it's 5 below zero in New York, it's 78 in LA, and when it's 105 in New York, it's 78 in LA.

THAT is the best thing about LA to me, the consistent warm weather throughout the year.

But, SF is the best and most unique city in the US IMO.

Old 09-20-2007, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beone View Post
True for some, not true for others. Although I much prefer SF, there is a lot to like and dislike about both LA and SF. Both aren't the cleanest cities in the world, and both have their share of crazies...but both have a lot to offer too. I'm telling you - some days when it's 56 and foggy here and I look on the weather and see it's 75 and sunny in LA, I think about heading out...but SF is so beautiful to me.

I heard a great quote about LA once. I can't quote exactly, but it was to the effect of:

When's it's 5 below zero in New York, it's 78 in LA, and when it's 105 in New York, it's 78 in LA.

THAT is the best thing about LA to me, the consistent warm weather throughout the year.

But, SF is the best and most unique city in the US IMO.
You sure are full of quotes! What's not true for some, but true for others?

Old 09-20-2007, 05:15 PM

1,119 posts, read 2,732,205 times
Thanks for a good laugh

Source: D.K.Shifflet& Associates Ltd.; CIC Research; California Tourism Research

http://www.visitcalifornia.com/media...rtversRev1.pdf

Quote:
I never give up? Count the number of posts from me (or anyone else for the matter) vs. from you, and you clearly win in the "never give up" department. LOL

DK Shifflet & Associates--an obscure, no name company that was pulled out of a hat, has gotten more free advertising from you and downtown1 then it probably has received in its entire history.

Old 09-20-2007, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtown1 View Post
Thanks for a good laugh
You're welcome. But all you need to do is read your own posts if you're looking for a good laugh.

Old 09-20-2007, 05:44 PM

1,119 posts, read 2,732,205 times
Is that all you can say...Gee...this is the 3rd time I have you cornered

So no more saying DKS&A is an obscure, no name company, ok? The people who work for California travel industry must be really stupid to hire a "no name" company to assist them on travel market research, don't you agree?

Quote:
You're welcome. But all you need to do is read your own posts if you're looking for a good laugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City