Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Seattle vs Atlanta
Seattle 35 39.77%
Atlanta 53 60.23%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 11:11 PM

443 posts, read 877,198 times

Advertisements

As the photo above shows, Central Seattle has some nice density, and there is a ton of construction going on -especially in the Capitol Hill and South Lake Union neighborhoods (the areas directly East and North of Downtown that you can see in the photo) - so it's only going to get more urban. Based on the question of urbanization, I'd choose Seattle.

Atlanta does have better nightlife but as someone above said, Seattle has some excellent neighborhood bars and music venues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2012, 11:18 PM

13 posts, read 36,788 times
Yea, I noticed Seattle is densely packed and Link is a good transit and is always branching out, almost comparable to MARTA heavy rail. I also like no state income tax. My only beef is Link not being quite with MARTA, but will soon change and the medicore night life. Other than that it looks great. One more question, I heard about the Seattle Freeze. Is it really that bad, will I not be able to make friends or get into a relationship as easily as GA?

Old 05-26-2012, 11:37 PM

443 posts, read 877,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLguy678 View Post
Yea, I noticed Seattle is densely packed and Link is a good transit and is always branching out, almost comparable to MARTA heavy rail. I also like no state income tax. My only beef is Link not being quite with MARTA, but will soon change and the medicore night life. Other than that it looks great. One more question, I heard about the Seattle Freeze. Is it really that bad, will I not be able to make friends or get into a relationship as easily as GA?
The nightlife in Seattle is not bad by any means. In fact, there are 4-5 areas in the city that have great bar clusters and can get pretty lively.

As for Link, I wouldn't say it's changing soon (2023 is a while away), but it's definitely getting better.

Old 05-26-2012, 11:40 PM

13 posts, read 36,788 times
Yes, I will have to admit that through research and this thred, Seattle nightlife is nothing to snuff at. At this point, I'm concerned with the Seattle Freeze and if salaries keep up with loving costs. Being from the east coast, these high costs shock me a little.

Old 05-27-2012, 03:01 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,842,423 times
Seattle Streetcar & LRT Network by 2030....

Old 06-04-2012, 12:58 AM

5,864 posts, read 15,234,836 times
Default Seattle neighborhoods

Old 06-04-2012, 02:27 AM

3,131 posts, read 9,371,085 times
I've lived in both cities and considered Atlanta for retirement. I hated Seattle for too many reasons to mention.

Old 06-04-2012, 03:35 AM

67 posts, read 165,114 times
How in the sam hell is Seattle losing this thread? Atlanta is a dump.

Old 06-04-2012, 06:00 AM

2,848 posts, read 6,434,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouJustHatetheTruth View Post
It's really not a blow out in either direction. Seattle has more urbanization and better job outlook but Atlanta has the best Airport and better nightlife.

Also Atlanta presently has better Public Transit. Many are arguing on how great Seattle's PT will be by 2030 but most major metros have big plans for great expansions by that far ahead, including Atlanta. In fact if all goes well, long before 2030 Atlanta will have light rail on it's beltline project circling and connecting intown neighborhoods and connecting them to more rapid far reaching Marta heavy rail plus several street car lines, the first of which is already under construction. When all that is completed one will be able to ride from one intown neighborhood to the next on light rail or to a Marta Station where they can travel to most of Atlanta's main attractions quickly and they can use the street cars for traveling around Downtown and Midtown.

Old 06-04-2012, 12:12 PM

Location: Formerly NYC by week; ATL by weekend...now Rio bi annually and ATL bi annually
1,522 posts, read 2,242,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouJustHatetheTruth View Post
You cannot be serious......I like the Seattle area, but on a city vs city basis? Come on...But it all boils down to your personal preferences, Seattle is OK, but ATL gets my vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City