U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 10:23 PM

353 posts, read 393,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbright2011 View Post
I have been all over to many states also.. there are too many blacks.. crime is higher.. and the slang is often misconstrued as lack of intelligence. The south is and always will be behind. I also recently looked up the health care system is the worse in the south. I will though .. give the south a thumbs up for retirees... and for their sea food. Also.. the people can be friendlier.. Less to do there as well. Too laid back for the average person.
Racist fool
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2012, 07:20 AM

21,334 posts, read 21,912,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline887 View Post
Which region do you think is better??
well in the all important classification of 'Being Able To Beat-up The Other Guy' it's probably this...

1. Midwest
2. South
3. East Coast
4. Mountain
5. West Coast

Old 07-02-2012, 11:45 PM

73 posts, read 124,986 times
South because my hometown is Miami, and it has Atlanta

Old 07-03-2012, 08:15 AM

801 posts, read 860,004 times
In order of preference:
1. South (yes, including Texas and Florida) (weather, beaches, friendly people, laid back)
2. West Coast (mountains + beaches, cool cities)
3. East Coast (North of VA)(Too dense, but good cities, education)
4. Mountain West (Amazing scenery, Denver/Salt Lake are cool, but too sparse and isolated from beaches)
5. Midwest (Not much appeal for me, coldest winters, indifferent about Great Lakes)

Old 03-13-2015, 09:20 PM

1 posts, read 766 times
It would have to be Midwest for me hands down. Since my hometown is Chicago. I love it to death. Although next on the list would be West coast because It's so beautiful there. Not to say the south or East Coast isn't beautiful, but sometimes gotta get away from the four Seasons and just chill under the California sun.

Old 03-13-2015, 10:26 PM

2,436 posts, read 2,125,858 times
Why was this dumb thread resurrected?

Every region in this country contributes its own flavor, and one is not better than the other.

Old 07-01-2015, 04:10 AM

1 posts, read 658 times
I picked up a quick read for an airplane ride, I think it was a "Dr. Oz magazine" and they rated regions of the U. S by friendliness and I would agree with their ratings: the south and mid-west were rated the friendliest, next was the west coast and last and, in my mind least, were the mid-atlantic and northeast regions of the U.S. The mid- atlantic, I find to be an especially uptight, provincial and narcissistic culture...not that that's a bad thing. Friendliness and a sense of community can really either add or subtract from the culture and appeal of a region.

Old 07-01-2015, 03:16 PM

6,611 posts, read 6,933,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven24 View Post
Why was this dumb thread resurrected?

Every region in this country contributes its own flavor, and one is not better than the other.
Please people, let this one go back to sleep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or