Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 05:30 PM

Location: Jefferson City 4 days a week, St. Louis 3 days a week
2,709 posts, read 5,060,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyman11 View Post
The South has a line up that starts with Atlanta, Dallas, DC, Houston, Miami that goes to Smokey Mountains, Blue Ridge Mountains, Big Bend, Hill Country, with music cities like Nashville, Memphis, Austin to business cities like Charlotte, Richmond, Tulsa, then theme parks of Orlando, military cities like Virginia Beach/Norfolk, San Antonio, El Paso. The emerald coast of Florida cant be forgotten. Historic cities like New Orleans, Savannah, and Charleston.

South has a lot to offer and is my first pick. Followed closely by the west, then distantly the northeast, with midwest following closely.
Having relatives from both sides of my family comment on this, all of whom have lived there for 40 years, I would not consider DC to be the south. Today it is part of the Bos-Wash corridor, or the Northeastern seaboard. It has a pace, culture, dialect, and demographics I would expect to find in Philadelphia vs. Richmond.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 12:53 PM

171 posts, read 216,939 times
Maybe off topic a tad, but what kind of state is Florida, really? I mean, is it like Maryland's always been: a Southern state, occupied by Yankees??

Last edited by Macaframalama; 12-27-2011 at 01:05 PM..

Old 12-27-2011, 12:59 PM

171 posts, read 216,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyman11 View Post
The South has a line up that starts with Atlanta, Dallas, DC, Houston, Miami that goes to Smokey Mountains, Blue Ridge Mountains, Big Bend, Hill Country, with music cities like Nashville, Memphis, Austin to business cities like Charlotte, Richmond, Tulsa, then theme parks of Orlando, military cities like Virginia Beach/Norfolk, San Antonio, El Paso. The emerald coast of Florida cant be forgotten. Historic cities like New Orleans, Savannah, and Charleston.

South has a lot to offer and is my first pick. Followed closely by the west, then distantly the northeast, with midwest following closely.

Don't forget Baltimore!

Old 06-21-2012, 05:09 PM

1,232 posts, read 1,820,284 times
East coast

Old 06-23-2012, 09:21 AM

12,769 posts, read 18,262,887 times
East Coast... we have great beaches, we have the highest % of educated people, the states with the highest income are all eastern states. We have variety of weather- it's not hot all the time or cold all the time, the architecture is very european-style. It's just great living here- northeast especially.

Old 06-23-2012, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolehboleh View Post
I love living near Boston. The reason? No matter how grumpy I am when I wake up in the morning, I'll never be the grumpiest guy on the train!
Boston is my fave city in all of America. It is so beautiful, I just feel like I cant have a bad day in Boston. (I live in NY and it's full of grumpy people lol)

Old 06-23-2012, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
The south! Best food, best accents, least pretense, and most friendly. Not to mention it's the most dynamic region in the country. From Texas to Louisiana to Mississippi, Bama, Georgia, South and North Cack, Tennessee and Virginia, they all have something unique and different to offer.
Yup... home to the fattest people in the country. What an honor!

Old 06-23-2012, 12:18 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,779,580 times
West coast all day long......and this is coming from a native of the east coast by way of NC....The lifestyle and way of life is just totally different than the east coast...People here "live to work" as opposed the west coast, whom "work to live".

Old 06-23-2012, 01:46 PM

3,939 posts, read 6,674,178 times
Hmmmm....this is a tough one. Although I was born and raised in the Northeast, lived in the Southeast and now live in the Southwest I can't decide. Love the culture and history in the North and Southeast, but love the lifestyle in the West. Hmm....

Old 06-29-2012, 09:36 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,253,028 times
The West Coast puts every other coast to shame with it's scenery, weather, geography, and lifestyle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City