Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 12:25 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,840,284 times

Advertisements

Wow, nothing like digging up a dead thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2011, 04:22 PM

9,377 posts, read 9,319,932 times
East coast! you have maine all the way to florida. need i say more.

Old 04-19-2011, 10:19 AM

1,529 posts, read 1,725,093 times
I love living near Boston. The reason? No matter how grumpy I am when I wake up in the morning, I'll never be the grumpiest guy on the train!

Old 04-19-2011, 11:34 AM

287 posts, read 738,648 times
West coast, specically gorgeous and mighty pacific northwest! Wettest spot, snowiest, was home to worlds tallest tree (douglas fir at 480 feet, before dumb loggers fell it down) dense forests, most promient mountain peaks (mt. Rainer for example at 14,200 feet), and GREEN green everwhere!

Old 06-17-2011, 03:01 PM

113 posts, read 296,829 times
The Mid West has the best!

Old 12-25-2011, 09:24 AM

171 posts, read 218,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starbright2011 View Post
I have been all over to many states also.. there are too many blacks.. crime is higher.. and the slang is often misconstrued as lack of intelligence. The south is and always will be behind. I also recently looked up the health care system is the worse in the south. I will though .. give the south a thumbs up for retirees... and for their sea food. Also.. the people can be friendlier.. Less to do there as well. Too laid back for the average person.
???

Old 12-25-2011, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityGuy View Post
Don't forget DC and Philadelphia.

The District of Columbia is a Southern entity; it's not its fault Yankees have polluted the strong Southern atmosphere the DMV once possessed.

Old 12-25-2011, 09:39 AM

The true South, with the decimation of New Orleans (last I heard the city's still about 15 yrs from full recovery, correct me if I'm wrong), and lack of sports teams, really takes away from the South, imho. Perhaps it's not a coincedence the South doesn't have any sports teams...? For me, it's: 1) the East Coast (love the urbanity, AND ESPECIALLY the music!), 2) the South (the food, genuineness, weather, geography--backwoods/swamps, sunsets) 3) the West (it's on the coast, and has San Francisco, and much more flavor/culture than the Midwest imo) 4) Mid-West/North (probably for all the opposite reasons the op mentioned: I'll take my chances and drown).

Old 12-25-2011, 03:44 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,966,877 times
The south! Best food, best accents, least pretense, and most friendly. Not to mention it's the most dynamic region in the country. From Texas to Louisiana to Mississippi, Bama, Georgia, South and North Cack, Tennessee and Virginia, they all have something unique and different to offer.

Old 12-26-2011, 01:59 PM

1,190 posts, read 2,251,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
The south! Best food, best accents, least pretense, and most friendly. Not to mention it's the most dynamic region in the country. From Texas to Louisiana to Mississippi, Bama, Georgia, South and North Cack, Tennessee and Virginia, they all have something unique and different to offer.
The South has a line up that starts with Atlanta, Dallas, DC, Houston, Miami that goes to Smokey Mountains, Blue Ridge Mountains, Big Bend, Hill Country, with music cities like Nashville, Memphis, Austin to business cities like Charlotte, Richmond, Tulsa, then theme parks of Orlando, military cities like Virginia Beach/Norfolk, San Antonio, El Paso. The emerald coast of Florida cant be forgotten. Historic cities like New Orleans, Savannah, and Charleston.

South has a lot to offer and is my first pick. Followed closely by the west, then distantly the northeast, with midwest following closely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City