Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2012, 10:23 PM

324 posts, read 877,106 times

Advertisements

• Atlanta, GA
  • Scottsdale, AZ
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • Chicago, IL

Which city has:

1. The most liberal minded women (also open to interracial dating)
  2. The easiest hookups (friend with benefits)
  3. The Most Un-Married women (women who are not eager to marry)
  4. The fittest women
  5. The best ratio for a guy (Women outnumbering the men)

Bonus question
  • What is the general attitude of women in each city respectively (when it comes to dating) ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 10:30 PM

1,370 posts, read 3,052,603 times
From what I've heard, the further east you go, the more single women out number single men.
I would say by your criteria to stay away from Scottsdale (or Phoenix all together for that matter), as it is full of rich Republicans and is very bourgeois. I don't know too much about the other cities, but they are probably much better bets.

Old 06-10-2012, 07:21 AM

6,541 posts, read 12,037,130 times
I don't know about the other cities, but I think Atlanta is overall the best for single guys, especially because of the high female-to-male ratio. Although for liberal-minded women, you might find more in Chicago or Minneapolis.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:42 PM

6 posts, read 19,846 times
I was born in Atlanta and spent about 7 of my post age 20 years there. I am pretty liberal and actually grew up in a collection of houses that has the reputation of being the most hippy in Atlanta. (my parents started one of the first community gardens in the city).

Atlanta has a little bit of everything for everyone. There are plenty of liberals there. But I do find the dating scene lacking in liberal friendly women. Its a pretty image concious place, kind of like LA but without as much creativity (people here tend to be followers). Except maybe in the african american population which is known for cutting edge hip hop music.

Generally guys here don't do exceptionally well with women. If you are above average looks, charisma, or filthy rich then you probably will do pretty good if not quite well. I think Atlanta is one of those places where you have to prove that you are cool enough or high status enough for someone to be friends with you or date you.

I much prefer Austin, TX. There aren't as many late 20's and 30 somethings as Atlanta, but quality is better. I find it way easier to make friends in Austin as well even though my social circle is pretty massive in Atlanta. I was suprised to find that when I left Atlanta I made friends more easily and they liked me for who I am. Whereas in Atlanta the few friends I did make liked me because of who I knew.

Having said all this, Atlanta has a pretty massive social scene and its really easy to get around to different bars as they are all within about a 10 mile radius with little traffic. The social scene is there, you just have to mold it into something you can work with. Again, if you are great looking, black, great with people, drive a porsche, you will probably do pretty well and there is definitely no real shortage of beautiful single women to be found. People are also relatively friendly, if slightly conservative.

It seems like there are 3 types of guy here. The guy in a relationship for 3 years or married. The guy who can't seem to get laid/date. And the guy who gets laid pretty regularly but he is hitting the bars like crazy or he is one of the types mentioned previously who has the qualities women desire. Not so many of the guys who just are average and have a steady dating life. That is less typical, whereas in Austin Texas its much easier.

Last edited by kavakid; 06-25-2012 at 07:58 PM..

Old 06-27-2012, 12:21 PM

896 posts, read 1,476,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by League54 View Post
  • The easiest hookups (friend with benefits)
  • The Most Un-Married women (women who are not eager to marry)
  • The fittest women
  • The best ratio for a guy (Women outnumbering the men)
Let me translate. "Dude looking for easy lay"

You sound like one helluva catch

Old 06-27-2012, 12:56 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,569,326 times
Chicago's singles scene is pretty crappy for black men looking to date black women. For everyone else, it's not too bad.

Old 06-27-2012, 01:52 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,186,261 times
When people in Chicago get married and have kids, the first thing they do is trudge off to the suburbs. Schools are better and the houses are much larger and have yards for the most part. 75% of the housing in the city is multi-unit buildings from brownstones/townhomes up to highrieses. I've noticed Chicago is very skewed in that the city is abnormally full of single people and the suburbs are stuffed with married people.

I'm assuming the other cities are like this too? Or do they have more married people in the city themselve due to differences in housing/schools/etc.

Old 06-27-2012, 03:06 PM

1,868 posts, read 3,066,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
When people in Chicago get married and have kids, the first thing they do is trudge off to the suburbs. Schools are better and the houses are much larger and have yards for the most part. 75% of the housing in the city is multi-unit buildings from brownstones/townhomes up to highrieses. I've noticed Chicago is very skewed in that the city is abnormally full of single people and the suburbs are stuffed with married people.

I'm assuming the other cities are like this too? Or do they have more married people in the city themselve due to differences in housing/schools/etc.
I think Atlanta used to be like that but the last decade or so has seen it evening out. Now both the suburbs and the city are pretty evenly representing single and married couples. The city might have a slightly higher percent of singles but not as much as it used to.

The married couples in the city however are almost always either A) rich enough to afford private schools for their children or B) they have no kids.

Old 06-29-2012, 11:05 AM

324 posts, read 877,106 times
Thanks for the replies everyone it looks like:

1. Chicago = Not a good option
  2. Atlanta = Decent (as long as I am attractive and/or earn a good income with some flash to prove it)
  3. Scottsdale = ??
  4. Minneapolis = ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1
Let me translate. "Dude looking for easy lay"

You sound like one helluva catch
I am, according to all my past girlfriends and women I dated.

Last edited by League54; 06-29-2012 at 11:14 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City