Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is overall better?
Montreal, QC 180 59.60%
San Francisco, CA 122 40.40%
Voters: 302. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 09:35 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,487,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toroid View Post
Did you honestly try to call me out for rhetoric a few posts back and now this is what your doing?
So you don't want to celebrate?

And here I thought we had reached a happy medium.

Old 10-27-2013, 09:36 PM

289 posts, read 396,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
Saying why don't they have french design houses is like asking why Houston doesn't have British design houses. They just speak french, and it doesn't even sound the same. They aren't FRENCH as in from France.
Anyone whose been to Montreal, or even read about the Quebecois history, understands how unique the culture here is from France.

Old 10-27-2013, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
So you don't want to celebrate?

And here I thought we had reached a happy medium.
lol.

Old 10-27-2013, 09:46 PM

15 posts, read 81,415 times
18Montclair, so your statistical analysis of fashionistas; (how not to love this impotent word) is inferred from attending a single gathering of the so-called (unspoken) élite? Très fort mon vieux.

Dont mind celebrating alone. Light up a candle to keep yourself company.

Old 10-27-2013, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mount Royally View Post
18Montclair, so your statistical analysis of fashionistas; (how not to love this impotent word) is inferred from attending a single gathering of the so-called (unspoken) élite? Très fort mon vieux.

Unicorns have ridden down the centre of St Catherine's more times then he's been in Montreal.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mount Royally View Post

Okay love, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toroid
Unicorns have ridden down the centre of St Catherine's more times then he's been in Montreal.
Unfortunately it's Chanel, Louis Vuitton and Saint Laurent that have never set foot in Montreal.

That continues to confound me but I am learning that some cities are simply known for being chic international destinations while others actually are.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Okay love, thanks.

Unfortunately it's Chanel, Louis Vuitton and Saint Laurent that have never set foot in Montreal.

That continues to confound me but I am learning that some cities are simply known for being chic international destinations while others actually are.
This conversation is flying right over your head isn't it?

While the rest of the world considers Montreal to be more fashionable then SF because we are willing to dress ourselves without having to buy labels, you are stuck on how well SF subserviently follows everyone else's based on their retail availability.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:34 PM

Hasn't been mentioned yet, the largest outdoor markets in North America are in Montreal.

Jean Talon:

Welcome to the Jean-Talon market | Montreal public markets

Atwater:
Welcome to the Atwater market | Montreal public markets

http://www.hipurbangirl.com/2012/08/...s-largest.html

Last edited by Toroid; 10-27-2013 at 10:37 PM.. Reason: ETA

Old 10-27-2013, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toroid View Post
This conversation is flying right over your head isn't it?
Actually I wouldn't be surprised if a merchandiser from another European fashion house is flying right past Montreal on their way to open a new store in San Francisco, even as we speak.

Quote:
While the rest of the world considers Montreal to be more fashionable then SF because we are willing to dress ourselves without having to buy labels, you are stuck on how well SF subserviently follows everyone else's based on their retail availability.
If this is what you need to tell yourself to make you feel better, please proceed.

In the meantime, you and the rest of the world can think one thing-I've already said that a couple of times, and I will continue to side with the wisdom of fashion houses to decipher where the better dressed people live.

So do I believe anonymous online people or Chanel, Valentino and Saint Laurent?

Not a really tough decision for me.

But like I said, it's a win win. Montreal has better dressed street people(sure why not?) while high end San Franciscans clearly win when it comes to actual designer apparel.

That you refuse to concede that is well, funny to be honest.

Old 10-27-2013, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Actually I wouldn't be surprised if a merchandiser from another European fashion house is flying right past Montreal on their way to open a new store in San Francisco, even as we speak.

If this is what you need to tell yourself to make you feel better, please proceed.

In the meantime, you and the rest of the world can think one thing-I've already said that a couple of times, and I will continue to side with the wisdom of fashion houses to decipher where the better dressed people live.

So do I believe anonymous online people or Chanel, Valentino and Saint Laurent?

Not a really tough decision for me.

But like I said, it's a win win. Montreal has better dressed street people(sure why not?) while high end San Franciscans clearly win when it comes to actual designer apparel.

That you refuse to concede that is well, funny to be honest.
With the street people...come on.

MTL is the third largest fashion producer in North America.

Ville de Montréal - Ville de mode - Statistics

The city has had a fashion week for 25 years that is internationally recognized.

MTL doesnt rely on outside retailers to be fashionable. It is its own brand in Canada, and it is in Canada.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City