Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 08:55 AM

2,787 posts, read 11,498,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
I've been all over and to put it in a nut shell the people in the east seem to be snotty due to overcrowding where as the folks in the west are warm and friendly because they aren't bumping into each other all the time like bees in a beehive. In my county folks still wave to each other on the roads. Our county is bigger than some states and the biggest town only has 1500 people. There still aren't any traffic lights (the red, yellow, green type) in the whole county !
So you're saying the East Coast is nothing but high-rise after high-rise loaded with families of 10 in one small apartment? We have plenty of open space. People may be rude, as they are out West, also. But we can be VERY nice, nicest people in the world as long as you don't get in our way--my biggest pet peeve-when a group of tourists stand in the middle of the sidewalk. That's when we'll get nasty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2007, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donjuan demarco View Post
Same thing with the west coast latin food we cant be beat
Again, I don't agree with this. Miami has you beat there.

Old 09-29-2007, 09:01 AM

Quote:
lol u talk about lame, have you seen Scarsdale, NY?
You obviously haven't. Half those pics were in New Rochelle and Yonkers, man.

Old 09-29-2007, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Wow i just googled Scarsdale, New York and that place looks like something out of a Steven King film. lol i wouldnt blame you for wanting to move from that boring lifeless place. it looks like nothing interesting goes down in ur town. i would be somewhere in a basement begging someone to put a bullet in my head out of boredum. hahha no wonder you want to live in LA.

Yahoo! Image Search Results for Scarsdale, New York

scarsdale, NY
Scarsdale on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/reirei-pics/321084756/ - broken link)

Scarsdale on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/reirei-pics/321083739/ - broken link)

a boring sloppy box slave home in scarsdale

Scarsdale on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/reirei-pics/321084529/ - broken link)

futurecop and his date on prom night in scarsdale
T&D wedding (102) on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/smithwed/174804923/ - broken link)

hahhahahhaa .. i thought u was from the real New York with all the huge buildings. No wonder ur always on ur pc bcuz ur town sucks. lol. look at the homes its all big dull boxes. hahaha I bet you can hear slaves humming songs in ur old historic nieghborhood. It looks like Amityville.
Scarsdale is not a village. We have a village center, but outside of it there are fricking mansions and beautiful houses. Down the street from us is a 100+ year old 11 bedroom mansion. It's a huge tudor.

Lifeless? Yeah, you wish. Scarsdale is very active during the day. Of course it won't be much at night, it's a suburb. We live here, we play in the city. And I'm not always on my pc, I have a job. I try to get as much posting as I can in about an hour, but after that I'm off. Not that it's any of your business...

And who said I want to live in LA? I started a thread on it, which was my first post, actually, then changed my mind. LA isn't for me. But Milky keeps insisting that I still want to live there...

Old 09-29-2007, 10:18 AM

694 posts, read 2,651,905 times
Quote:
The reason why the West is full of losers is because they are the trash of the East. This is also the reason that there are many fake people there. No wonder they kept moving West while the Elite and the people who could make it stayed safely in the East.

This is so over the top pathetic I have to assume it's a joke.
No way a rational person with any values or sensibility would
in all seriousness stand behind that statement.

Why would someone want to insult:

1. Retirees
2. Folk like my dad ( Polio survivor that thrives in lower humidities )
3. Entrepreneurs who see new opportunities
4. People who really need a fresh start ( ie: Katrina victims )
5. Hardworking committed employees transferring for their employers.

I would not want to insult my ancesters who came to America for whatever
reason by calling them losers and trash.

Old 09-29-2007, 10:36 AM

2,881 posts, read 6,088,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
I've been all over and to put it in a nut shell the people in the east seem to be snotty due to overcrowding where as the folks in the west are warm and friendly because they aren't bumping into each other all the time like bees in a beehive. In my county folks still wave to each other on the roads. Our county is bigger than some states and the biggest town only has 1500 people. There still aren't any traffic lights (the red, yellow, green type) in the whole county ! Here are a few pictures of my neck of the woods.

Picasa Web Albums - Rick - 2003 pics
I still don't know how people can generalize these two huge geographical regions. I've met more than my share of a-holes in the East AND the West (I was stationed in the West also) but I wouldn't call either 'snotty'. People can't just visit somewhere in the NorthEast and think they know the whole East coast, and the same goes for the West

Old 09-29-2007, 12:02 PM

50 posts, read 39,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
Scarsdale is not a village. We have a village center, but outside of it there are fricking mansions and beautiful houses. Down the street from us is a 100+ year old 11 bedroom mansion. It's a huge tudor.

Lifeless? Yeah, you wish. Scarsdale is very active during the day. Of course it won't be much at night, it's a suburb. We live here, we play in the city. And I'm not always on my pc, I have a job. I try to get as much posting as I can in about an hour, but after that I'm off. Not that it's any of your business...

And who said I want to live in LA? I started a thread on it, which was my first post, actually, then changed my mind. LA isn't for me. But Milky keeps insisting that I still want to live there...

post some pics of scarsdale!! or give me a link. face it boy you want to live in LA and be a part of LAPD. Those homes are not beautiful. who wants to live in a 100+ year old 11 bedroom ghost infested home? I want a new upto date home. only old buildings look nice to me

Old 09-29-2007, 01:11 PM

1,213 posts, read 3,608,126 times
I've grown up on the East Coast, but have visited Southern California on many occasions. Anyone who says that the East matches the West when it comes to Mexican or Asian food is totally out of their mind. Yes, the Northeastern cities do have better pizza, but I prefer Mexican, Sushi, and Chinese anyway

But food isn't the reason I prefer the West Coast. I prefer it for the mountains, ocean, forest, and desert all being within relatively short distance. I like how you have world class cities such as Los Angeles and San Francisco, and then a few hours away, you're in total wilderness. I like being able to somewhat choose my climate, driving from palm tree lined beaches to snow capped mountains.

Of course, there are a lot of things I like about the East Coast as well. I like how most of the cities have good public transit and are pedestrian friendly. I like how close together the cities are (at least in the Bos-Wash Megalopolis), making day trips from one to the other easy.

Old 09-29-2007, 01:34 PM

50 posts, read 39,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt345 View Post
I've grown up on the East Coast, but have visited Southern California on many occasions. Anyone who says that the East matches the West when it comes to Mexican or Asian food is totally out of their mind. Yes, the Northeastern cities do have better pizza, but I prefer Mexican, Sushi, and Chinese anyway

But food isn't the reason I prefer the West Coast. I prefer it for the mountains, ocean, forest, and desert all being within relatively short distance. I like how you have world class cities such as Los Angeles and San Francisco, and then a few hours away, you're in total wilderness. I like being able to somewhat choose my climate, driving from palm tree lined beaches to snow capped mountains.

Of course, there are a lot of things I like about the East Coast as well. I like how most of the cities have good public transit and are pedestrian friendly. I like how close together the cities are (at least in the Bos-Wash Megalopolis), making day trips from one to the other easy.

you speak the truth!! They are just too bias to amit it. Like when you put 2 and 2 together ofcoarse the West Coast is going to have the better Asian and Mexican food bcuz we are closer to those places and LAX is the number 1 international airport. Yeah LA has it all and it even have 2 of the Channel Islands, Catalina and San clemente.

Old 09-29-2007, 02:58 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,088,142 times
FAA: Atlanta airport is nation's busiest - USATODAY.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City