U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 04:06 PM

2,441 posts, read 6,106,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
Well, I'm 100% Italian. Nothing can compare to NY and Chicago Italian food, especially that of the West Coast.
That's your opinion. Not fact. You're telling me that Mama D's in Manhattan Beach (CA) is worse than an Olive Garden in Mineola (NY)? I don't think so.

Quote:
Flagstaff does get snow... Overnight. You won't see a flake during the day. And when dawn hits, the snow turns into boiling water puddles. It's not the same out there.
Not true. I don't know about you, but to me, it doesn't look like this snow is turning into "boiling water puddles."
YouTube - Flagstaff snowstorm. Flastaff gets 101 inches of snow/yr. on average. That's more than any other major population center Back East, with the exception of Syracuse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2007, 04:21 PM

50 posts, read 29,660 times
Quote:
Who cares? MTV? I mean seriously... What does it prove? LA is a trend setter? What trend? The 'teach your dog to do yoga' trend. Oh, or how about the 'eat sushi off a a nude girl's chest' trend? Give me a ****in break. New York is the urban trend setter. Mark Ecko, Tommy Hillfiger, South Pole, Hollister are all New York clothing brands. Music comes out of New York. We're home to 7 of the 8 largest record companies. There are more recording studios in NYC than any other city in the world. LA is the film industry, reality TV... The gay things. Most music is recorded here and sent here. We're headquarters to all Hollywood's bull****. We are the Big Boss city. We basically own all your businesses. New York owns LA.

lmaooooooooooooooooo@ South pole. I know new york has alot of nice clothing but those are not them. only the lames wear South pole. yeah u have ur music companies out there but when it comes time to shot ur video you come to LA. album release parties go down in both cities. lol New york owns only chicago. only people from chicago and the east coast for that matter kiss up to New York. LA will never do that. When 9-11 happen the first city that comes out of New Yorkers mouth is LA. Quote While Our buildings were being hit the people in LA were sleeping.
still sad but LA was Mad over that bcuz we are all americans and humans. Face it boy New York always got LA on there mind when LA is not even caring about New York. come to LA and see if they are thinking about NY. LA is in its own world while you New Yorkers are acting like jealous lil girlies

Old 09-29-2007, 04:21 PM

1,732 posts, read 3,974,702 times
The West offers a Greater Variety of practically everything,so my vote goes to the West.

Old 09-29-2007, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Well, I'm 100% Italian. Nothing can compare to NY and Chicago Italian food, especially that of the West Coast.

Flagstaff does get snow... Overnight. You won't see a flake during the day. And when dawn hits, the snow turns into boiling water puddles. It's not the same out there.
you want snow in Los angeles visit the LA mountains>>>

YouTube - SKI SNOW LOS ANGELES 2007

Old 09-29-2007, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Phoenix does not have more people than Philly.

snow in the angeles nation forest. another place in Los angeles

YouTube - Angeles National Forest Snow March 2006

more outdoor activies in Los angeles even a real waterfall

YouTube - Arcadia's Best: Sturtevant Falls Angeles National Forest

YouTube - 09.10.06 Hike

Old 09-29-2007, 04:53 PM

21,148 posts, read 37,406,897 times
Quote:
Sorry:

The City of Phoenix's population is greater than Philadelphia.

Please verify your facts.

List of United States cities by population - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-29-2007, 05:02 PM

718 posts, read 2,481,356 times
Notice how the thread asked people who have lived on both coasts what they think. and immediatly two people steveo and futurecop who have never left the area they were born in are amongst the first responders.

Old 09-29-2007, 05:04 PM

2,770 posts, read 5,348,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiman View Post
If they didn't, Phoenix wouldn't have more people than Philadelphia. Phoenix would also not be the fastest growing metro in the country.
Additionally-
Phoenix's metro area is not only smaller than Philly's, but it isn't even the fastest growing:

Fastest-growing metro areas - Aug. 22, 2006

Old 09-29-2007, 05:06 PM

264 posts, read 286,512 times
I lived in Maine for 55 years, and I have lived in south Orange County, California for nine years. I miss the seafood and nothing else.

In California the weather is lovely year round, and the diversity of terrain makes weekends and road trips incredible experiences. My wife and I love the mountains and the desert. We love to drive to Utah, Arizona, Nevada, and Colorado for the excellent national parks, hiking, mountain hiking, and the absolutely mind-bending scenery.

I wouldn't leave southern California for anything. Being retired does make a major difference. Not having to commute on a daily basis and having purchased our home when the prices were low make it all the more pleasurable.

I do think the east coast restaurants are superior...steak, seafood, Italian, and Asian food are definitely better in Boston and New York..even Portland, Maine than here on the west coast.

Old 09-29-2007, 06:47 PM

2,441 posts, read 6,106,892 times
Quote:
Yes it does. Sorry to break it to you. Not only is it larger in land area than Philadelphia, but there are more people, as well.

Philadelphia - 1,448,394
Phoenix - 1,512,896
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or