U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2007, 07:04 PM

2,441 posts, read 6,103,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
Additionally-
Phoenix's metro area is not only smaller than Philly's, but it isn't even the fastest growing:

Fastest-growing metro areas - Aug. 22, 2006
The CITY of Phoenix has more people than the CITY of Philadelphia. I am aware that METRO Phoenix has way fewer people than METRO Philadelphia.

Phoenix METRO - 4,039,182
Philadelphia METRO - 5,826,742

However, within 20 years, Phoenix's METRO will overtake Philadelphia's METRO, nevermind likely having a city population of more than 2 million. While Philly hovers somewhere around 1.2 or 1.3 million at best.

I DEEPLY apologize. I didn't realize that vital metro areas such as St. George, UT, Bend, OR, and Gainesville, GA were growing at a faster rate than Phoenix. Out of any major metro area, Phoenix's is growing the fastest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2007, 07:25 PM

2,441 posts, read 6,103,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
Not all homes here are haunted. I do not and will not be a part of LAPD or LA. Nothing there interests me. Bunch of ****ing hippies and gays.

So, you're saying there are no new up-to-date homes in NY? Our home is new and up-to-date. This here shows your complete stupidity. You know what, I don't see the point in arguing with you. Your completely unaware of the world.

Next time I go to LA, I'll know who I am. I'll own your city, hold my head high, stick my nose up. We are the largest city in the US, the Capital of the World, the Center of the Universe. We are America. We represent America.

Next.
Dude, you're from Scarsdale, not the city. Stop trying to claim the city as yours. It's not. Scarsdale's some pretentious, upper crust suburb where you can hide behind your manicured shrubbery while making closed-minded generalizations, such as where you state that EVERYONE is LA is either a hippie or gay. It shows an air of narrow-mindedness, which is generally not a quality REAL New Yorkers have.

Please get a clue. New York is not the center of the world, the universe, or America. There are 292 million other people in this country, many of whom could care less about New York. I think you should call your housekeeper downstairs to help you find a clue.

Old 09-29-2007, 09:08 PM

10,189 posts, read 24,870,267 times
Is this gay like the street slang, or gay as in sexual orientation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
I still prefer East Coast. Just the attitude is so much more appealing to me. I can't stand it when we get a new kid from CA who acts like he's a Disney World character. Just so lame, fake, fantasky-like. Kinda gay.

Old 09-29-2007, 09:23 PM

4,908 posts, read 12,495,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiman View Post
The CITY of Phoenix has more people than the CITY of Philadelphia. I am aware that METRO Phoenix has way fewer people than METRO Philadelphia.

Phoenix METRO - 4,039,182

However, within 20 years, Phoenix's METRO will overtake Philadelphia's METRO, nevermind likely having a city population of more than 2 million. While Philly hovers somewhere around 1.2 or 1.3 million at best.
Phoenix is growing because it can. Its surrounded by 1000 miles of desert. Its cheap flat land easily built upon. The city of Philadlephia is maxed out and its surrounding counties are covered with beautiful countryside that is by and large off limits to sprawl. The Philadlephia area grows at a steady 4 or 5 percent and thats they way they plan it. Philly had its Phoenix like growth back in 1810.

One of the big reasons the east coast will always be superior to the west coast. From Maine to Key West from Cape may Nj to Pittsburgh every inch of soil was meant to serve a purpose. The west coast admittedly has higher and better icons but 75% of the land is reminiscent of Pluto.For every 10 sq. miles of Lake Tahoe, theres 1000 sq. miles of Death Valley.A cruise through interior sections of Oregon Cal Wash could easily pass off as a lunar mission .We wont even get into huge swaths of Nevada + Zona. Good grief.

Heres why Phoenix can grow.

Heres why Philadelphia + the east coast cant

Valley Forge pa.

Chester Springs pa.

Chadds Ford pa.

Chadds Ford Pa.

Old 09-29-2007, 09:31 PM

21,148 posts, read 37,394,815 times
The population epicenter is moving South and West every year------along with the House of Representatives adding Sun Belt state seats at the expense of Frost Belt ones.

People are voting-------with their feet.

Old 09-29-2007, 09:37 PM

2,770 posts, read 5,345,651 times
Quote:

How do you know? Philadelphia can continue to shrink and the metro can still grow to remain above Phoenix's metro area, who knows? Especially in 20 years

Old 09-29-2007, 09:38 PM

2,770 posts, read 5,345,651 times
Quote:

I DEEPLY apologize. I didn't realize that vital metro areas such as St. George, UT, Bend, OR, and Gainesville, GA were growing at a faster rate than Phoenix. Out of any major metro area, Phoenix's is growing the fastest.
Vital areas or not, they're STILL growing faster than Phoenix's metro.

ps: Apology accepted

Old 09-29-2007, 09:55 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,958,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainrock View Post
Phoenix is growing because it can. Its surrounded by 1000 miles of desert. Its cheap flat land easily built upon. The city of Philadlephia is maxed out and its surrounding counties are covered with beautiful countryside that is by and large off limits to sprawl. The Philadlephia area grows at a steady 4 or 5 percent and thats they way they plan it. Philly had its Phoenix like growth back in 1810.

One of the big reasons the east coast will always be superior to the west coast. From Maine to Key West from Cape may Nj to Pittsburgh every inch of soil was meant to serve a purpose. The west coast admittedly has higher and better icons but 75% of the land is reminiscent of Pluto.For every 10 sq. miles of Lake Tahoe, theres 1000 sq. miles of Death Valley.A cruise through interior sections of Oregon Cal Wash could easily pass off as a lunar mission .We wont even get into huge swaths of Nevada + Zona. Good grief.

Heres why Phoenix can grow.

Heres why Philadelphia + the east coast cant

Valley Forge pa.

Chester Springs pa.

Chadds Ford pa.

Chadds Ford Pa.
Why are the Phoenix photos dusty? I could barely see the skyscrapers downtown. What do you mean grow? Will it still grow when the water's gone?

Philadelphia looks like Washington D.C. in that second picture. Rural Pennsylvania is very lovely. The West cannot compare to that beauty. I saw water in one of the photos. Philly will grow because middle-class New Yorkers are being thrown out of the city. This was supposed to be the original World-Class City, not disorganized New York. New York is still an ugly diamond after all that polishing, but that's its charm.

Old 09-29-2007, 09:56 PM

692 posts, read 2,415,969 times
Quote:
Is this gay like the street slang, or gay as in sexual orientation?
Personally I believe when futurecop grows up he will make a fine
addition to Reno 911 ( the little dude has been cracking me up )

Just to justify this post... what is important is that your happy with the
coast you choose. Perhaps futurecop is a closet left coaster.

Let's not forget that Psychology -and the Republican party-have shown
us that some of the most Homophobic folk are really in denial.

Lets stop all this hissiness and admit we can have a gay old time
on either coast.

Who's to say N.Y. is more fabulous than L.A.

For the record one of my sons is an excellent hairdresser
and I love him dearly. Gay bashers tend to be genitalia challenged,
conflicted, bitter folk with no fashion sense.

One final blow; which coast has the state that has gay marriages ?

Old 09-29-2007, 10:00 PM

10,189 posts, read 24,870,267 times
Gay marriage = East Coast.

Actually, slurs are a terrible no-no on this board, and if FutureCop is making a reference to gay orientation, it is in violation of TOS.

If he is talking "hood" slang, well, not everyone understands it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancocal View Post
Personally I believe when futurecop grows up he will make a fine
addition to Reno 911 ( the little dude has been cracking me up )

Just to justify this post... what is important is that your happy with the
coast you choose. Perhaps futurecop is a closet left coaster.

Let's not forget that Psychology -and the Republican party-have shown
us that some of the most Homophobic folk are really in denial.

Lets stop all this hissiness and admit we can have a gay old time
on either coast.

Who's to say N.Y. is more fabulous than L.A.

For the record one of my sons is an excellent hairdresser
and I love him dearly. Gay bashers tend to be genitalia challenged,
conflicted, bitter folk with no fashion sense.

One final blow; which coast has the state that has gay marriages ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or