Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2007, 10:46 AM

2,787 posts, read 11,467,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughguy View Post
FutureCop- your name is appropriate and it hardly comes as a surprise that you want to be a police officer. Those who have ever had to deal with cops will know what I am talking about.
lol I see you have a negative view on police officers. What did you do? Chances are you did something stupid, acting as if you know what you were doing, then got in trouble because you endangered others. Quit the whining.

People will hate police when they get in trouble, but when they're robbed they love the police. Maybe if you abide by the law, you wouldn't get pulled over. Grow up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2007, 11:12 AM

1,989 posts, read 6,577,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
lol I see you have a negative view on police officers. What did you do? Chances are you did something stupid, acting as if you know what you were doing, then got in trouble because you endangered others. Quit the whining.

People will hate police when they get in trouble, but when they're robbed they love the police. Maybe if you abide by the law, you wouldn't get pulled over. Grow up.
No, I didn't endanger others, unless you consider drinking alcohol at a party when I was 20 years old (with no car or drivers license) endangering others.

Oh don't get me wrong there are good police officers out there that are genuinely concerned about the welfare of the people they are supposed to be protecting. But a significant amount are overbearing, self-righteous, authority-abusing bullies. They unfortunately give other police a bad name, and cause the general population in the United States to not trust their own police force. Pretty sad. I guarantee if their was a poll done, the majority of the population would have a negative perception of police officers and how much they should be trusted.

Old 11-21-2007, 11:16 AM

Quote:
No, I didn't endanger others, unless you consider drinking alcohol at a party when I was 20 years old (with no car or drivers license) endangering others.
lol The drinking age is 21. How long ago was this?

Old 11-21-2007, 11:24 AM

Six years ago. What's it you you, cop?

Old 11-21-2007, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Six years ago. What's it you you, cop?
So you broke the law... The National Minimum Drinking Age Act of 1984.

Do you think you are excluded from this?

Old 11-21-2007, 11:31 AM

I am not resentful because I broke the law, iti was how the situation was handled and their aggressive, denigrating attitudes. That is just one among many, many interactions with police officers that I have witnessed that have revealed how untrustworthy and bully-like they typically are. I mean we are handing these unhinged maniacs 9mm pistols.....Something needs to change.

Old 11-21-2007, 11:36 AM

Quote:
I am not resentful because I broke the law, iti was how the situation was handled and their aggressive, denigrating attitudes. That is just one among many, many interactions with police officers that I have witnessed that have revealed how untrustworthy and bully-like they typically are. I mean we are handing these unhinged maniacs 9mm pistols.....Something needs to change.
What? Take their pistols away and then send them into East Harlem after dark? That's completely crazy.

Old 11-21-2007, 11:41 AM

ok maybe taking away their pistols is a bit extreme......how about making them shave their moustaches? That would definitely be a morale buster.

I mean you have to admit, any profession where a moustache is practically a prerequiste for employment is pretty supsect, no?

Old 11-21-2007, 11:43 AM

Oh my God. You have got to be kidding me... lmao

Old 11-21-2007, 12:08 PM

Shave their moustaches and mandate 1 hour of daily exercise. This will get rid of the garbage and get some reasonable people into cadet training.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City