Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 03:11 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,498,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by donjuan demarco View Post
post some pics of scarsdale!! or give me a link. face it boy you want to live in LA and be a part of LAPD. Those homes are not beautiful. who wants to live in a 100+ year old 11 bedroom ghost infested home? I want a new upto date home. only old buildings look nice to me
Not all homes here are haunted. I do not and will not be a part of LAPD or LA. Nothing there interests me. Bunch of ****ing hippies and gays.

So, you're saying there are no new up-to-date homes in NY? Our home is new and up-to-date. This here shows your complete stupidity. You know what, I don't see the point in arguing with you. Your completely unaware of the world.

Next time I go to LA, I'll know who I am. I'll own your city, hold my head high, stick my nose up. We are the largest city in the US, the Capital of the World, the Center of the Universe. We are America. We represent America.

Next.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2007, 03:22 PM

2,441 posts, read 7,008,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
Micro-climates are all over California, not just SoCal. I don't like them because the great weather that is said about L.A. and San Francisco can only be enjoyed by the rich. Everyone else has to deal with sweltering heat in the desert.
That's a massive generalization. You don't have to be rich at all to enjoy the best of California's microclimates. There are low income neighborhoods in the city of San Diego that still experience cool weather, and there are low income neighborhoods in the city of Los Angeles close to the beach. Sawtelle and Palms are two neighborhoods in West LA that are still affordable while being close to the beach.

Likewise, there are several neighborhoods in the city of San Francisco that are affordable (Mission District, Hunters Point). You just have to look around.

Old 09-29-2007, 03:28 PM

50 posts, read 39,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
Not all homes here are haunted. I do not and will not be a part of LAPD or LA. Nothing there interests me. Bunch of ****ing hippies and gays.

So, you're saying there are no new up-to-date homes in NY? Our home is new and up-to-date. This here shows your complete stupidity. You know what, I don't see the point in arguing with you. Your completely unaware of the world.

Next time I go to LA, I'll know who I am. I'll own your city, hold my head high, stick my nose up. We are the largest city in the US, the Capital of the World, the Center of the Universe. We are America. We represent America. Like i once said many New yorkers are moving to LA and Miami and Jersey or even Atlanta.

Next.

i didnt say all the homes are old but most of them are. Even the ones in New York city. the older buildings look good but not the older houses. lol why dont u just skip the trip to LA and just go to chicago .

LA is a city that doesnt Look up to New york in anyway. they do thier own thing. LA is not following You, LA is the trend setter. You turn ur TV on and you see LA, we dont see you. Ask MTV which city they rather show. we dont need MTV, MTV needs LA since there rating were falling.Like i once said many New yorkers are moving to LA and Miami and Jersey or even Atlanta.

Old 09-29-2007, 03:40 PM

Quote:
I don't agree with that. Where on the West Coast will I find beautiful snow in places people actually LIVE IN (a city)? Where will I find the tropical weather of Miami and the Keys? For climate diversity, East has West beat.
If you're talking about the immediate West Coast, Portland and Seattle experience snow each year, while still having mild winters. Aside from the coast, there are MANY towns in interior California, Arizona, Nevada, etc. that get massive amounts of snow in the winter. Flagstaff, AZ? Big Bear, CA? Ely, NV?

Quote:
Well, this is an opinion. If you're Italian, the East Coast has better food, if you're Chinese, the West Coast has better food... And the East Coast Chinese can equal West Coast Chinese. So for dining diversity, East Coast has West Coast beat. I've yet to meet a person from the West that can say they have a pizza joint that can equal NY's worst. It ain't gonna happen, folks.
Another massive generalization. I'm from the East Coast, I'm half Italian, and some of the best Italian food I've had has been on the West Coast. Who said New York has the best pizza in this country? Personally, I think Chicago's pizza dominates. Chinese food isn't necessarily better on the West Coast, either.

Old 09-29-2007, 03:41 PM

Quote:
i didnt say all the homes are old but most of them are. Even the ones in New York city. the older buildings look good but not the older houses. lol why dont u just skip the trip to LA and just go to chicago .

LA is a city that doesnt Look up to New york in anyway. they do thier own thing. LA is not following You, LA is the trend setter. You turn ur TV on and you see LA, we dont see you. Ask MTV which city they rather show. we dont need MTV, MTV needs LA since there rating were falling.Like i once said many New yorkers are moving to LA and Miami and Jersey or even Atlanta.
Who cares? MTV? I mean seriously... What does it prove? LA is a trend setter? What trend? The 'teach your dog to do yoga' trend. Oh, or how about the 'eat sushi off a a nude girl's chest' trend? Give me a ****in break. New York is the urban trend setter. Mark Ecko, Tommy Hillfiger, South Pole, Hollister are all New York clothing brands. Music comes out of New York. We're home to 7 of the 8 largest record companies. There are more recording studios in NYC than any other city in the world. LA is the film industry, reality TV... The gay things. Most music is recorded here and sent here. We're headquarters to all Hollywood's bull****. We are the Big Boss city. We basically own all your businesses. New York owns LA.

Old 09-29-2007, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiman View Post
If you're talking about the immediate West Coast, Portland and Seattle experience snow each year, while still having mild winters. Aside from the coast, there are MANY towns in interior California, Arizona, Nevada, etc. that get massive amounts of snow in the winter. Flagstaff, AZ? Big Bear, CA? Ely, NV?

Another massive generalization. I'm from the East Coast, I'm half Italian, and some of the best Italian food I've had has been on the West Coast. Who said New York has the best pizza in this country? Personally, I think Chicago's pizza dominates. Chinese food isn't necessarily better on the West Coast, either.
Well, I'm 100% Italian. Nothing can compare to NY and Chicago Italian food, especially that of the West Coast.

Flagstaff does get snow... Overnight. You won't see a flake during the day. And when dawn hits, the snow turns into boiling water puddles. It's not the same out there.

Old 09-29-2007, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Like i once said many New yorkers are moving to LA and Miami and Jersey or even Atlanta.
You're an idiot if you really think that. What stats show that? All you're going by is City-Data posts. New York is gaining more population every day, every month, every year than any other American city.

Old 09-29-2007, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
Well, two things:

First-Of course you'll have different climates in the same state out west simply because most western states are geographically HUGE compared to their east coast counterparts. The same land area on the east would cover a similar amount of climate differences

and second: who wants 100 degree weather? (or above because we all know Death Valley gets hotter than 100 degrees)
The distance from Mammoth Lakes, CA, the area that got the snow and Death Valley, where it was 100 degrees, is only 205 miles. That's less than the distance from NY to DC. You're not going to find that kind of climatic diversity in such a short distance ANYWHERE on the East Coast. Climatic variability in states here in the West have less to do with size of our states than other geographical features (the ocean and mountains, primarily). That's the reason we have such abrupt microclimates, while the East does not.

Some people like 100 degree weather. If they didn't, Phoenix wouldn't have more people than Philadelphia. Phoenix would also not be the fastest growing metro in the country.

Old 09-29-2007, 03:56 PM

Quote:
The distance from Mammoth Lakes, CA, the area that got the snow and Death Valley, where it was 100 degrees, is only 205 miles. That's less than the distance from NY to DC. You're not going to find that kind of climatic diversity in such a short distance ANYWHERE on the East Coast. Climatic variability in states here in the West have less to do with size of our states than other geographical features (the ocean and mountains, primarily). That's the reason we have such abrupt microclimates, while the East does not.

Some people like 100 degree weather. If they didn't, Phoenix wouldn't have more people than Philadelphia. Phoenix would also not be the fastest growing metro in the country.
Phoenix does not have more people than Philly.

Old 09-29-2007, 04:03 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,088,142 times
Quote:
Some can certainly like 100 degree weather...and some people can actually like snow. I truly don't see how such opposite extremes in weather in such a small distance, as you put it, is a plus. HOWEVER, if that's what you're into then who am I to say otherwise?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City