U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2011, 01:53 PM

3,795 posts, read 8,147,676 times

Advertisements

Twin Cities. The weather here blows much of the year (no pun intended)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2011, 02:06 PM

6,920 posts, read 12,337,103 times
Best Weather: Oakland CA
Worst Weather: Chicago IL

Old 03-26-2011, 08:19 PM

5,530 posts, read 10,109,822 times
Oakland? What? San Diego, Los Angeles, or if you're a 4 seasons guy like me (Denver or NYC).

Old 03-27-2011, 05:48 AM

1,054 posts, read 1,828,300 times
I love the varying climates of the Great Plains. It can go from cold to mild in the winter, and mild to hot (mainly mild, but a hot period for a few weeks) - in the summer. It also will get some humidity (not like the south) and then times where it is as dry as a desert.

Definetely four seasons, with summer and fall dominating more than the other two. (I remember a few exceptions where a winter or summer would be extended, but has only happened a few times in my many years here).

Precipitation doesn't happen a lot, but it comes down in loads at a time. The Great Plains are a (meteorologists) or a weather-watcher's paradise.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:07 PM

3 posts, read 4,001 times
Best ... tough call between Seattle, Buffalo NY, Duluth MN, and many other places in the Pacific Northwest and bordering the Great Lakes. Southeast Alaska is pretty nice too.

Worst ... probably somewhere in California, Arizona, or the west side of the Hawaiian islands. Possibly Florida. All of these places are fairly miserable.

Based on experience of traveling to all 50 states.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:13 PM

3 posts, read 4,001 times
Default Seattle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tudorjason View Post
LOL! I knew someone would mention Seattle with the worst weather. Don't mean to pick on you, but you were the first to mention. You and all others who believe this would be shocked to visit in the summer.

I live in Seattle, and I would have to say that people would be shocked in the winter. Summers here are terrible, so if one visits that time of year, they would see what all the talk is about Seattle having the worst weather. From November through February, though, the weather is pretty nice around here. Not enough snow though.

Old 05-05-2011, 03:41 PM

1,174 posts, read 1,311,062 times
Here in KC, you get absolutely everything. sometimes you got super cold winters, and sometimes pretty warm winters. Some really hot summers and some cooler summers (rare) i dont mind it here too much though, you get used to it. Worst weather is probably up north where its really cold and they get lots of snow. or south where its really hot and HUMID

Old 05-06-2011, 02:46 AM

915 posts, read 1,490,443 times
Quote:
2 posts, read 86 times

Seattle?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tudorjason
LOL! I knew someone would mention Seattle with the worst weather. Don't mean to pick on you, but you were the first to mention. You and all others who believe this would be shocked to visit in the summer.

I live in Seattle, and I would have to say that people would be shocked in the winter. Summers here are terrible, so if one visits that time of year, they would see what all the talk is about Seattle having the worst weather. From November through February, though, the weather is pretty nice around here. Not enough snow though.
Whaatttt?? I've heard that Seattle is supposed to have some of the best summer weather in the country!

Old 05-07-2011, 10:45 AM

299 posts, read 798,236 times
Best - San Francisco, and to a lesser extent Seattle/Portland.

Worst - Miami, Phoenix, New Orleans, Houston. Basically a majority of the cities in the south.

Old 05-07-2011, 01:22 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,828,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoCo freak View Post
Here in KC, you get absolutely everything. sometimes you got super cold winters, and sometimes pretty warm winters. Some really hot summers and some cooler summers (rare) i dont mind it here too much though, you get used to it. Worst weather is probably up north where its really cold and they get lots of snow. or south where its really hot and HUMID
The central plains states of Kansas and Nebraska for the most part are restrained from the long, brutal winters or summers. We get a little of both on average every year, but for the most part are within the 40-85 degree highs for the most part of the year.

There are years where a brutal winter settles in (winter of 2010) or a brutal summar (one summer in the late 1990s).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or