U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2011, 09:13 PM

3,732 posts, read 7,079,407 times

Advertisements

Seriously, some of these people have fun shoveling snow. The weather is pretty much the main reason I left up-north. I have a totally different opinion than a lot of people on here.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2011, 05:02 AM

9,745 posts, read 14,132,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
I couldn't disagree with this any more if I wanted to. Give me the sunshine every day, I'll surf, go to a water park, or grab my wakeboard if I need to cool down. I love Florida's weather, summers included, and like how the heat and humidity lets you know you're practically in the tropics. Not to mention, late September to early May is absolutely gorgeous, no bugs, eating outside, not too hot, but not cold.
The heat and humidity is the main reason I'll probably never visit any tropical place. I have noticed a lot of people who love hot weather also like to swim, surf, or just generally be in the water. I have no desire to do any of those things. I do like the idea of being on a boat or ship in cool or cold weather. This looks like a perfect day to me:

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/166445_163425000372048_100001136471261_292687_5879 405_n.jpg (broken link)
That's a picture I took in Washington state back in November, and with high temps probably in the low 90s today here in TN, I'd give anything to be standing where that picture was taken instead.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:37 AM

3,579 posts, read 5,817,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
The heat and humidity is the main reason I'll probably never visit any tropical place. I have noticed a lot of people who love hot weather also like to swim, surf, or just generally be in the water. I have no desire to do any of those things. I do like the idea of being on a boat or ship in cool or cold weather. This looks like a perfect day to me:

That's a picture I took in Washington state back in November, and with high temps probably in the low 90s today here in TN, I'd give anything to be standing where that picture was taken instead.
That's a beautiful picture, and I too like days like that when I'm on vacation lol. I live in the sun-soaked peninsula of Florida so when I travel I like to wear a coat, or light jacket, sip hot chocolate, or go snow skiing. However, where I live needs to be an inferno, a moist one at that. That's where my body is most comfortable, but I understand your opinion. Also when I lived in the Upstate of SC the heat was more unbearable than Orlando since we have so much water around and it rains everyday in the summer for one hour which cools things off really nicely.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:25 AM

Yes, I'm glad everyone doesn't like the same weather. If we did we'd all have to squeeze into the same place!

Old 05-10-2011, 01:10 PM

3,732 posts, read 7,079,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post

I'm sorry, but that picture looks depressing as hell. Who wants to stand around in cold, dark, damp weather? That's fun to you?

Old 05-10-2011, 02:05 PM

3,579 posts, read 5,817,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
I'm sorry, but that picture looks depressing as hell. Who wants to stand around in cold, dark, damp weather? That's fun to you?
Dude, it's the difference between coffee weather & piña colada weather, for lack of a much better metaphor. If one day you're in the mood to chill out and read a book with a warm late in hand while watching the drizzle fall outside Pike's Place Market, then Seattle weather will seem fun to you that day. Conversely, if you're in the mood to work on your tan at the beach with a cooler full of Corona, then Florida might be the place for you.

Old 05-10-2011, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
It's cloudy so it's easy on my eyes, it's cool so I'm actually comfortable and not sweating, and it's damp so it's good for my skin. It pretty much beats heat and sun any day, at least for me. When it's 40-60 and cloudy I actually do things outdoors. When it's 75+ and sunny I stay inside because it's too uncomfortable outside to actually enjoy it.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:13 PM

1,023 posts, read 2,560,272 times
If you want mild/warmer weather, I think the California coast wins. If you want a little bit of a 4 season climate that's still mild, I think Albuquerque is the best.

Old 05-25-2011, 03:22 PM

8 posts, read 13,290 times
I live in Tuscaloosa, Alabama and am so tired of sweltering heat and deadly tornadoes. But after reading this thread, I'm thinking US weather just sucks, in general.

Old 05-27-2011, 05:04 AM

2,057 posts, read 3,142,091 times
Good weather areas:
San Diego
Reno
Orange County
Lubbock
El Paso

Not-so-good weather areas:
probably about anywhere within 50 miles of the Gulf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or