Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2013, 10:13 AM

12,384 posts, read 28,453,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
DFW is less humid, but otherwise you have to go west.

Tucson, El Paso, Albuqureque, Santa Fe, SLC, Boise etc...you just get some more extremes winter or summer
Prob would add el Paso and Santa fe to the list...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2013, 11:03 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,123,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
For me personally, "great weather" means four seasons with plenty of humidity but no extreme winter. The cities that see to come closest are places like DC, St. Louis, or Memphis.
DC often has periods of horrible, disgusting heat. St. Louis gets brutally cold and hot. From your descriptions of the type of weather you enjoy, however, I can understand your liking Memphis.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:18 PM

1,461 posts, read 2,102,272 times
I've had the worst experiences with weather in St. Louis both winter and summer. Same with NYC and CHI. Miami too at times in the summer as well as Houston. D/FW & Austin I haven't really minded in the summer. Seattle I don't mind that much but I could see how it can get a bit depressing at times, similar to where I grew up on the western side of SF but it was all I ever knew and was so used to it. I hate snow but I have had pleasant times in both winter and summer in Denver.

Old 09-02-2013, 12:39 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,300,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalparadise View Post
DC often has periods of horrible, disgusting heat. St. Louis gets brutally cold and hot. From your descriptions of the type of weather you enjoy, however, I can understand your liking Memphis.
DC's summers are no worse than most of the South's, and are downright mild, compared to Houston. The winters there and in STL are subject to inclement conditions, but not to the same extent of cities like Boston, Buffalo, or Minneapolis, whose winters are even too much for me. I don't think I can cope with an entire month where the average high isn't even above freezing.

Old 09-03-2013, 11:29 PM

1,025 posts, read 1,748,609 times
For me..

Best: San Diego and SoCal (Temperatures usually between 50-70 and mostly sunny)

Worst: Minneapolis (Waaayyy too cold in the winter for me)

Old 09-21-2013, 07:14 AM

1,490 posts, read 1,814,348 times
BEST: Orlando, FL
WORST: Buffalo, NY

Old 04-10-2014, 09:21 AM

854 posts, read 1,478,318 times
Best: New England, Iowa, Michigan, Ohio, Montana
Worst: Southern Arizona, Texas

Old 04-10-2014, 11:10 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,517,615 times
The two best regions are Southern California and most of Florida.

Socal has a Mediterranean climate so think of southern Europe (except warmer winters) year round. It's pretty perfect, but our summers are not as hot (and humid) as the east coast. It's rather comfortable at night. San Francisco also has the same climate and is pleasurable most of the year, but it's not as warm as socal and the summers are pretty much COLD. Areas outside of S.F. in the metro area are a lot warmer on average.

Florida is great if you are into rocking a t-shirt, shorts, and flip flops at all times and blasting the A/C year round. I personally like FL, but many say it's too hot. Compare that to the Northeast which has horribly cold winters and summers that are even more humid and hot than more of FL -- I'll easily take FL. In Florida by the beach the ocean cools the air down to a comfortable degree most of the year.

There are other regions that are dry, have more distinct seasons but tend to be warmer on average. Denver is one, but Texas gets off the hook for most times during the winter (except this one!) Both are favorable for most the US in terms of climate.

The worst IMHO are the cities with distinct seasons and unpredictable elements at all times of the year. I'm thinking NYC, Chicago, Boston, & Washington.

Old 04-10-2014, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicymeatball View Post
Best: New England, Iowa, Michigan, Ohio, Montana
Worst: Southern Arizona, Texas
Kind of a random list.

Old 04-10-2014, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshflakes757 View Post

There are other regions that are dry, have more distinct seasons but tend to be warmer on average. Denver is one, but Texas gets off the hook for most times during the winter (except this one!) Both are favorable for most the US in terms of climate.
Most of Texas is actually considerably humid, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City