U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-08-2012, 12:20 PM
 
Location: Washington D.C. By way of Texas
18,186 posts, read 25,848,446 times
Reputation: 8953

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
na not even hyphy but i usually tune into the youtube page of "thizz nation" is that how you say it?? i need to pay more attention to the bay area. i like their style. They dont sound like their mouth is covered in gravy sauce and mash potatoes like southern rappers.
*sigh*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-08-2012, 03:32 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn, NY $$$
6,836 posts, read 12,337,132 times
Reputation: 1567
Quote:
Originally Posted by nephi215 View Post
Bay area rap sucks. That "hyphy" music was pure garbage. Also Lil B is the worst rapper of all time
lil b does suck but i like the guy for some reason. He speaks a lot of positive stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2012, 03:36 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn, NY $$$
6,836 posts, read 12,337,132 times
Reputation: 1567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptkid View Post
fat trel has potential, and i actually saw this video but never watched it. Chief keef is pure trash. i actually like keef for his beats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2012, 03:38 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn, NY $$$
6,836 posts, read 12,337,132 times
Reputation: 1567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Calling them "rap artists" is a bit of a stretch, not one of them can make a good song to save their lives. They can battle rap... that's pretty much it. That's why none of them ever make it past Smack DVD.
smack dvd is played out. anyone who still watches that needs to commit suicide.

battle rap is really annoying. only losers still rap battle.

i see aye verb from st louis is still trying to beef with t rex from harlem. Both of them are losers and have no future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2012, 03:39 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn, NY $$$
6,836 posts, read 12,337,132 times
Reputation: 1567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
*sigh*
its the truth southern rap should be called a different genre cause its strange.

3 year old birthday party music.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2012, 03:42 PM
 
1,064 posts, read 1,505,096 times
Reputation: 306
Southern rappers in Houston don't sound like they have a mouth full of food and seeing that the only rappers you are hearing are from Atl in the south well obviously thats wat ya talkin bout!!
Houston chopped and screw is a art and and if you in Dallas,Houston,Shreveport etc you will here it jammin loud out of cars.People in the south listen to New Yorkers to a certain extent because in the cars around Houston you don't here people blasting Jay-Z or Puff daddy unless they're mixing southern hospitality in it with southern rappers.Houston has its own styles which is rank as the largest underground scene in America otherwise people would feud that.Heres a list of some great underground rappers out of Bayou City!!!!

Z-ro
J-dawg
Just Brittany female
Beat kings
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2012, 03:42 PM
 
Location: NC/IL/MI
3,625 posts, read 6,933,578 times
Reputation: 1663
Lil b is trash ofcourse but his music should be considered therapy. Its impossible not to laugh while listening to him
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2012, 03:54 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn, NY $$$
6,836 posts, read 12,337,132 times
Reputation: 1567
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee936 View Post
Southern rappers in Houston don't sound like they have a mouth full of food and seeing that the only rappers you are hearing are from Atl in the south well obviously thats wat ya talkin bout!!
Houston chopped and screw is a art and and if you in Dallas,Houston,Shreveport etc you will here it jammin loud out of cars.People in the south listen to New Yorkers to a certain extent because in the cars around Houston you don't here people blasting Jay-Z or Puff daddy unless they're mixing southern hospitality in it with southern rappers.Houston has its own styles which is rank as the largest underground scene in America otherwise people would feud that.Heres a list of some great underground rappers out of Bayou City!!!!

Z-ro
J-dawg
Just Brittany female
Beat kings
well yes your right i originally did state that houston will always be the tru king of southern hip hop. They know how to make music, and scarface was one of my favorite rappers back in the day.

im also a huge bub b, and pimp c(rip) fan as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2012, 03:56 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn, NY $$$
6,836 posts, read 12,337,132 times
Reputation: 1567
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
Lil b is trash ofcourse but his music should be considered therapy. Its impossible not to laugh while listening to him
did you hear this guy on the grove street party remix on the lil wayne mixtape. That crap was the most funniest crap i ever heard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2012, 04:10 PM
 
Location: NC/IL/MI
3,625 posts, read 6,933,578 times
Reputation: 1663
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
did you hear this guy on the grove street party remix on the lil wayne mixtape. That crap was the most funniest crap i ever heard.
IKR. He was completely off beat LOL. Check out This freestyle he did. its just TOO awful. This dude should be a comedian

It's messed up how his good songs get no views but when he does some crazy ish he gets millions of hits
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:18 AM.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top