Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 09:03 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,399,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
now that you mention it he does kinda look like a D.C. cat with the dreads and the northface. Seems like he's cool with alotta D.C. people too.
why? he normally hangs out in dc or use to live their? so far i haven't seen his whereabouts except for the 2 times he visited nyc.

his boy lil reese sounds very fake when he raps. sounds like hes rapping that way because he wants to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2012, 09:14 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,307,616 times
Well I seen em do a couple songs with fat trel and slutty boyz(???thats their name right?). And I just saw video with fat trel hanging with them on the lake.

But yeah other than that they're garbage.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Well I seen em do a couple songs with fat trel and slutty boyz(???thats their name right?). And I just saw video with fat trel hanging with them on the lake.

But yeah other than that they're garbage.
idk who fat trel is(what a name that is lol) but honestly i dont see a promising career for chief keef. Not saying he wont continue blow but it seems like another 1 minute of fame hip hop artist to me.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:27 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,928,948 times
If the music scenes are "underground", how could I possibly know where they are? Except possibly having some knowledge of one in my own home city, but certainly no knowledge of any in any other city to compare it with.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
idk who fat trel is(what a name that is lol) but honestly i dont see a promising career for chief keef. Not saying he wont continue blow but it seems like another 1 minute of fame hip hop artist to me.
Fat Trel is a dude from D.C. and his group is called "the Slutty boyz"( WTF kinda name is that?)

As far as Keef, I cant hate on him cause he's making bank right now, especially for a 17 year old but, unless he switches up, he'll just end up like another soulja boy.

Now lil durk and rockie fresh from chicago might have a bright future.

Edit: he doe have a HUGE fanbase in the chicago area so that should do him good but i don't know about nationally.

Last edited by mas23; 08-07-2012 at 09:55 PM..

Old 08-07-2012, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Fat Trel is a dude from D.C. and his group is called "the Slutty boyz"( WTF kinda name is that?)

As far as Keef, I cant hate on him cause he's making bank right now, especially for a 17 year old but, unless he switches up, he'll just end up like another soulja boy.

Now lil durk and rockie fresh from chicago might have a bright future.
what about that chicago dude rick ross just signed? i forgot his name but i dont really keep that much attention on him.

rick ross signs some nice artist but then transforms them into media garbage. Meek mills sounds way better on his mixtapes then he does on mmg tracks, and also wale is a poetic rapper he doesnt go well with gangsta talk or rap at all.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:58 PM

Quote:
what about that chicago dude rick ross just signed? i forgot his name but i dont really keep that much attention on him.

rick ross signs some nice artist but then transforms them into media garbage. Meek mills sounds way better on his mixtapes then he does on mmg tracks, and also wale is a poetic rapper he doesnt go well with gangsta talk or rap at all.
Thats the guy i just named Rockie Fresh. He's not really underground anymore now he's with MMG. And I'm not a fan of Wale rapping over those trap beats. Sounds forced

Old 08-07-2012, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Thats the guy i just named Rockie Fresh. He's not really underground anymore now he's with MMG. And I'm not a fan of Wale rapping over those trap beats. Sounds forced
yes he does suck on trap beats. 600 benz sound great with rick ross and jadakiss but wale ruined the whole song.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:25 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,744,821 times
Quote:
never knew atlanta had a underground hip hop scene since most of the premature music their becomes a instant mainstream usual. same as new orleans(Except for my dude currency)

as for the bay area their underground artist seem to the same artist that were underground 5 years ago.

but i will agree with chicao , nyc, and l.a.

anyone hear messes with kendrick lamar?

Most of the club music becomes instantly mainstream... there's a lot of underground ATL rappers that are grinding their way to the top like every other underground rapper.

And the bolded isn't true at all... a lot of the rest of the country may have stopped paying attention to the bay underground scene 5 years ago when Hyphy died but there's literally been 100's of new rappers since then.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Most of the club music becomes instantly mainstream... there's a lot of underground ATL rappers that are grinding their way to the top like every other underground rapper.

And the bolded isn't true at all... a lot of the rest of the country may have stopped paying attention to the bay underground scene 5 years ago when Hyphy died but there's literally been 100's of new rappers since then.
na not even hyphy but i usually tune into the youtube page of "thizz nation" is that how you say it?? i need to pay more attention to the bay area. i like their style. They dont sound like their mouth is covered in gravy sauce and mash potatoes like southern rappers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City